ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Lighting and Other Electrical (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/)
-   -   Front fogs not working (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/1055235-front-fogs-not-working.html)

Will.wr1 15 July 2018 07:09 PM

Front fogs not working

Hi guys,

I recently bought myself a wr1 and found that the front fog lights don't work. Yes, I do have the headlights on. I press the switch and it doesn't light up nor does the symbol light on the dash. It's unlikely that both bulbs would go and the fuse is good, so I would say it can only be the relay or the switch. So my questions are, where is the relay located and how do I test it? And, once I have the switch out how do I test that?

Also, if anyone has a good condition l/h PIAA front fog light for a wr1 at a reasonable price, I'd be interested to hear from you.

Many thanks, Will.

alcazar 15 July 2018 07:21 PM

Piaa's weren't fogs, they were driving lights, and were wired to come on with main beam?

The OE fogs were branded SUBARU.

Don Clark 15 July 2018 08:18 PM

As above the WR1 has driving lights.
They will be, AFAIK, rewired similar to the driving light kits supplied by Prodrive..........
MY03 Impreza Driving Lights pdf

Will.wr1 15 July 2018 08:52 PM

Thanks guys, got them working, genuinely thought they were fogs so only tried on dip, but now we're good to go! Thanks again, Will.

alcazar 16 July 2018 10:20 AM

LOL, at least they are of use now. The fogs are a waste of space.

silver sonic 31 July 2018 06:02 PM

[QUOTE=Will.wr1;12018396]Hi guys,

I recently bought myself a wr1 and found that the front fog lights don't work. Yes, I do have the headlights on. I press the switch and it doesn't light up nor does the symbol light on the dash. It's unlikely that both bulbs would go and the fuse is good, so I would say it can only be the relay or the switch. So my questions are, where is the relay located and how do I test it? And, once I have the switch out how do I test that?

Also, if anyone has a good condition l/h PIAA front fog light for a wr1 at a reasonable price, I'd be interested to hear from you.

Many thanks,
piaa are like rocking horse poo for the WR1 and expensive when they come up as they are discontinued.
what number you bought?

Don Clark 31 July 2018 06:56 PM

[QUOTE=silver sonic;12020737]

Originally Posted by Will.wr1 (Post 12018396)
Hi guys,

Many thanks,
piaa are like rocking horse poo for the WR1 and expensive when they come up as they are discontinued.
what number you bought?

Try reading the document linked in post #3