ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Security (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/)
-   -   Subaru sti 2011 sigma alarm32 !!! Dont operate on key fob (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/1055100-subaru-sti-2011-sigma-alarm32-dont-operate-on-key-fob.html)

stevie turbo 05 July 2018 07:26 PM

Subaru sti 2011 sigma alarm32 !!! Dont operate on key fob

Hi I'm in need of some help I have a 2011 sti i believe the sigma to be a m32 from what ive read but not sure,the key fob work ok new battery,but noticed the alarm does not activate. No led warning by clock display.
But if I use the key pad with said code I can activate the alarm and the led starts off green then flashed red as per manual. When set if I wave hands in front of the interior sensor led goes static red like detects but does not sound alarm.if I open door alarm sounds.
I can use the pad to arm and disarm alarm, but does not work when locked with the key fob..thanks in advance

Don Clark 06 July 2018 07:50 AM

Alarm is a sigma S32 - a label containing the serial number should be just above the VIN plate on the passenger side B pillar
http://clarkdh.net23.net/NTL/ALARM.jpg

Sounds as if the radio key is no longer paired to the alarm. Does your other keyfob work (vehicle originally supplied with 2) or do you only have the one??

Sequence is slightly different to M30 version
Programming Radio Keys to Security System
Keying in the following sequence programs Radio Keys to the security system
*17856* 991*n # where n is between 1 and 4 and is the number of Radio Keys to be learnt by the system.
After the sequence is keyed in, the first Radio Key button should be pressed briefly. The siren will bleep and the dashboard LED
flash to confirm each Radio Key has been learnt.

Note:
For security the immobiliser must be unset before programming can be carried out.
When using the Keypad, each time a button is pressed the LED on the Keypad will flash once as confirmation. The
next button should not be pressed before this confirmation. However, you only have 10 seconds to enter the next
character. If you do not press the next character within this time period the LED on the Keypad will flash
repeatedly, after which you must start the sequence again from the beginning.

Not totally certain the above will work as the S32 utilies the OEM's remote locking fobs/system as opposed to separate radio keys.
you may be looking at a visit to a Dealer.

stevie turbo 06 July 2018 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Don Clark (Post 12017012)
Alarm is a sigma S32 - a label containing the serial number should be just above the VIN plate on the passenger side B pillar
http://clarkdh.net23.net/NTL/ALARM.jpg

Sounds as if the radio key is no longer paired to the alarm. Does your other keyfob work (vehicle originally supplied with 2) or do you only have the one??

Sequence is slightly different to M30 version
Programming Radio Keys to Security System
Keying in the following sequence programs Radio Keys to the security system
*17856* 991*n # where n is between 1 and 4 and is the number of Radio Keys to be learnt by the system.
After the sequence is keyed in, the first Radio Key button should be pressed briefly. The siren will bleep and the dashboard LED
flash to confirm each Radio Key has been learnt.

Note:
For security the immobiliser must be unset before programming can be carried out.
When using the Keypad, each time a button is pressed the LED on the Keypad will flash once as confirmation. The
next button should not be pressed before this confirmation. However, you only have 10 seconds to enter the next
character. If you do not press the next character within this time period the LED on the Keypad will flash
repeatedly, after which you must start the sequence again from the beginning.

Not totally certain the above will work as the S32 utilies the OEM's remote locking fobs/system as opposed to separate radio keys.
you may be looking at a visit to a Dealer.

I have two working fobs and the pin number.
quick question don the above sequence is it with ignition off on and drivers door open or closed.. also just to be clear also after the sequence put in push the first key fob button!! Is it the lock or unlock or both and do you repeat that with second fob straight away.or repeat the sequence again for the second fob..Thanks again Steve

stevie turbo 06 July 2018 03:43 PM

Tried it it does all the beebs etc but alarm still dont arm and disarm!! No led on dash Only operates on the pad.

Don Clark 06 July 2018 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by stevie turbo (Post 12017052)
I have two working fobs and the pin number.
quick question don the above sequence is it with ignition off on and drivers door open or closed.. also just to be clear also after the sequence put in push the first key fob button!! Is it the lock or unlock or both and do you repeat that with second fob straight away.or repeat the sequence again for the second fob..Thanks again Steve

Thats the thing with my final note, the S32 model is specifically designed to work with the OEM key fob and remote locking system and not separate radio keys or modified pcb single button keys as per the M30.

Does your key fob lock / unlock the doors using the buttons?
Does your key fob work as a smart card (with it in your pocket) so that door can be opened with hand in handle aperture or locked by pressing handle button?
Do the hazards flash when you lock (flash once) or unlock (flash twice) the car?
What happens when you have locked the car and then open the drivers door using the actual key?

stevie turbo 06 July 2018 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Don Clark (Post 12017080)
Thats the thing with my final note, the S32 model is specifically designed to work with the OEM key fob and remote locking system and not separate radio keys or modified pcb single button keys as per the M30.

Does your key fob lock / unlock the doors using the buttons?
Does your key fob work as a smart card (with it in your pocket) so that door can be opened with hand in handle aperture or locked by pressing handle button?
Do the hazards flash when you lock (flash once) or unlock (flash twice) the car?
What happens when you have locked the car and then open the drivers door using the actual key?

answer is yes to all of them.when I go to car and put just the key in lock it locks and unlocks central locking only. Can enter vehichle no alarm at all. Push button ignition will not come on and red key imobilizer light flashes on instrument panel, no ign due to the smart key fob not in my pocket.so all works as expected..
It's like what ever activates the alarm from the central locking is not telling alarm module to activate !!!

Don Clark 06 July 2018 06:52 PM

The last option was to lock the car using the key fob or door button and then open using the key.

Beastie 11 July 2018 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by stevie turbo (Post 12017103)
answer is yes to all of them.when I go to car and put just the key in lock it locks and unlocks central locking only. Can enter vehichle no alarm at all. Push button ignition will not come on and red key imobilizer light flashes on instrument panel, no ign due to the smart key fob not in my pocket.so all works as expected..
It's like what ever activates the alarm from the central locking is not telling alarm module to activate !!!

If you have the push button start, then when did you last renew your keyfob batteries?

Mine last about 18 months then both are flat and batteries need to be replaced.

You need to use the button on the fob to arm the alarm. Locking with the key doesn't do that.

I would start there.........

Don Clark 11 July 2018 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Beastie (Post 12017740)
If you have the push button start, then when did you last renew your keyfob batteries?

Mine last about 18 months then both are flat and batteries need to be replaced.

You need to use the button on the fob to arm the alarm. Locking with the key doesn't do that.

I would start there.........

Post #1 and keyless entry and access working fine

Beastie 11 July 2018 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Don Clark (Post 12017743)
Post #1 and keyless entry and access working fine

Don, could it be that superlock is turned on??

Other than that the lock in the drivers door may not be sending the signal to the alarm to say the car is locked.

Don Clark 11 July 2018 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Beastie (Post 12017745)
Don, could it be that superlock is turned on??

Other than that the lock in the drivers door may not be sending the signal to the alarm to say the car is locked.

I would think the later. The superlock only adds the function that you need to input the PIN before the immobiliser side of the alarm is deactivated, so that unless you know the PIN you can't start the car even if you have the keys.

Unlike the M30 with single button keys (modified pcb in key to accomodated alarm functions), the S32 alarm uses the existing door locking/access system to activate/deactivate the alarm. It would appear that however that is achieved (by direct wire or wireless connection) has broken.
The alarm functions when armed/disarmed by the keypad and the keyless entry/access works as it should, but the alarm doesn't activate using the keyless entry/access.

My own experience (thanks to BT) is that if the car is locked using the keyless entry system (activating the alarm), if you then unlock the car using the actual key, then the alarm sounds until deactivated using the unlock button on the fob, or entering the PIN into the keypad.