ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   So..im finally buying a Type R (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1055078-so-im-finally-buying-a-type-r.html)

funkyrimpler 03 July 2018 06:17 PM

So..im finally buying a Type R

and amazingly it's white..my least favourite/most hated car colour of all time...however, the owner is an absolute diamond, the service history is impeccable, the interior is literally like a new car, the spec is nigh on perfect, the mileage is ridiculously low, the previous owner is the current owners neighbour etc etc...all in all it's a very nice example that has thrown me into an emotional and financial whirlwind that may well be my downfall...
pics to follow in due course...

jaygsi 03 July 2018 06:46 PM

Ah nice one. Was it far away?

ray54 03 July 2018 07:28 PM

You'll be back!........... boredom & keeping it clean, will have you pining for a nice JDM. Still it will make a good p/x........

Only joking enjoy :thumb:

Smithys STI 03 July 2018 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by funkyrimpler (Post 12016679)
and amazingly it's white..my least favourite/most hated car colour of all time...however, the owner is an absolute diamond, the service history is impeccable, the interior is literally like a new car, the spec is nigh on perfect, the mileage is ridiculously low, the previous owner is the current owners neighbour etc etc...all in all it's a very nice example that has thrown me into an emotional and financial whirlwind that may well be my downfall...
pics to follow in due course...

Im guessing it's the 2.1 with the 22b kit on eBay??
Of it is it looks a lovely car!!!
I'm so jealous!!!
well done mate!

Pete 03 July 2018 08:36 PM

Any link Smithy?

imprezagaz 03 July 2018 10:24 PM

If it is I’ve seen it up at Scoobyclinic and it’s immaculate. Nice buy

funkyrimpler 03 July 2018 11:48 PM

i can neither confirm nor deny it gentleman...but her bum's bigger than J'Lo's ;)

funkyrimpler 03 July 2018 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 12016683)
Ah nice one. Was it far away?

ironically, it was about 30 minutes away...typical.

AT@JDM 04 July 2018 12:22 AM

Nice.

Smithys STI 04 July 2018 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 12016696)
Any link Smithy?

I'm sure Funkyrimpler will get the details up soon....not really my place to :thumb:

davers 04 July 2018 02:09 PM

Congrats! I'm after a white type r so good on ya!

funkyrimpler 04 July 2018 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by davers (Post 12016790)
Congrats! I'm after a white type r so good on ya!

well if it doesn't work out for me we might do a deal then ......

MattyB1983 04 July 2018 03:56 PM

The 21 grand car with the '22R' badge ???

funkyrimpler 04 July 2018 04:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok, but i'm not a big fan of the anthracite alloys

Smithys STI 04 July 2018 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by funkyrimpler (Post 12016815)
ok, but i'm not a big fan of the anthracite alloys

Or the fact it's got to many doors :thumb:

funkyrimpler 05 July 2018 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:)

bustaMOVEs 05 July 2018 07:30 PM

22R ;)

funkyrimpler 05 July 2018 09:29 PM

yeah..it looks like a 22B, but is based on a Type R..so maybe it should be a Type B??

bustaMOVEs 05 July 2018 10:05 PM

I believe scoobyclinic built them based on a type r and put a 22b kit on a named it the 22r lol

jaygsi 05 July 2018 10:14 PM

So you've bought it?

Originally Posted by funkyrimpler (Post 12016965)
:)

funkyrimpler 05 July 2018 10:59 PM

yeah...i'm waiting to collect it next week..the owner is getting a few little niggles ironed out for me..nothing major..
He's working abroad for the next day or two so I should pick it up in a few days hopefully...To say I'm excited is an understatement..even if it is white!

funkyrimpler 05 July 2018 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 12016993)
I believe scoobyclinic built them based on a type r and put a 22b kit on a named it the 22r lol

Yes..Each one is built to order from a stripped out Type R shell so no two are the same..
Each one has a numbered badge if it's a ground up build..They sold a nice charcoal grey one last year with a 2.5 and anthracite wheels..They put a roof vent in it (i think the shell was a V4) iirc it had suede Recaro seats and a black alcantara headlining, Defi's etc..I can't remember what build number it was though...

I think they've built a couple of wide arch 4 doors from the RA shell, so i assume they've called them a 22RA(?)
The panels are made from the original 22B moulds so the fit and dimensions are OEM..I guess they're trying to distinguish it from a 'real' 22B and reference the original 'donor car'...
The owner who had this built isn't trying to pass it off as a 22B, it's white for starters..He just liked the body shape (i actually prefer the WRC)..
Thanks for your input. :thumb:

jaygsi 06 July 2018 11:16 AM

Think white would be my second choice for an Impreza. Love blue best.

Originally Posted by funkyrimpler
yeah...i'm waiting to collect it next week..the owner is getting a few little niggles ironed out for me..nothing major..
He's working abroad for the next day or two so I should pick it up in a few days hopefully...To say I'm excited is an understatement..even if it is white!

sti_approved 06 July 2018 02:51 PM

Very nice indeed!

Godspeed Brakes 06 July 2018 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by funkyrimpler (Post 12016999)
Yes..Each one is built to order from a stripped out Type R shell so no two are the same..
Each one has a numbered badge if it's a ground up build..They sold a nice charcoal grey one last year with a 2.5 and anthracite wheels..They put a roof vent in it (i think the shell was a V4) iirc it had suede Recaro seats and a black alcantara headlining, Defi's etc..I can't remember what build number it was though...

I think they've built a couple of wide arch 4 doors from the RA shell, so i assume they've called them a 22RA(?)
The panels are made from the original 22B moulds so the fit and dimensions are OEM..I guess they're trying to distinguish it from a 'real' 22B and reference the original 'donor car'...
The owner who had this built isn't trying to pass it off as a 22B, it's white for starters..He just liked the body shape (i actually prefer the WRC)..
Thanks for your input. :thumb:

I'm sure there was a thread on here when this car was being built , i've seen it before on here , some guy was buying it from here and could make some final choices.

Nice looking car , I prefer the WRC look over the 22B as well , which is why i'm doing mine , just need to find time to finish it.

No big deal going from white to blue , I did :thumb:

funkyrimpler 06 July 2018 04:09 PM

i actually think grey (blue steel) is my fave colour..

yeah WRC is a bit more aggressive. i spoke at great length with Scoobyclinic last year about building one but that got put on the back burner due to other plans..This year I thought i'd get a decent Type R for summer then perhaps pursue the build next year, then this one came up and ruined my plans...It's so similar to what i would've built i thought what the hell...I still wouldn't mind getting a WRC build though...

johnfelstead 07 July 2018 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by funkyrimpler (Post 12016999)
The panels are made from the original 22B moulds so the fit and dimensions are OEM.

The 22B doesn't have panel moulds, the panels are metal.

Did you mean they took a 22B panel and made a mould off that to then make a composite copy panel?

funkyrimpler 07 July 2018 01:25 PM

Scoobyclinic purchased the original moulds, but you'd have to call them to trace their origins..
I'm aware that original car had metal wings :rolleyes: It's front and rear bumpers, skirts, rear wing etc were GRP...I assume the wing and quarter moulds were taken from Kev Knight's (the owner of Scoobyclinic) own personal 22B.
They have the parts on a shelf in one of the storage barns, but Kev would be able to confirm the origins for you if you call him on 01246 590807. They can make them in GRP or carbon fibre.
ABW also make a 22B kit but i don't know where they got their patterns from...probably Scoobyclinic as they did have a working relationship.
They (ABW) also make two really cool WRC kits..35mm and 60mm neither of which afaik are the same as the actual WRC cars of the era but they look great either way.

funkyrimpler 07 July 2018 01:27 PM

"I'm sure there was a thread on here when this car was being built , i've seen it before on here , some guy was buying it from here and could make some final choices.

Nice looking car , I prefer the WRC look over the 22B as well , which is why i'm doing mine , just need to find time to finish it.

No big deal going from white to blue , I did " Godspeed Brakes

when i pick it up, Im more than happy for you to look over it as a reference source..It may/may not help with your build?? Just a thought...

johnfelstead 07 July 2018 01:44 PM

Thanks for reminding me why i stopped posting on scoobynet.