ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Where can I get some hydraulic bonnet struts? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1054881-where-can-i-get-some-hydraulic-bonnet-struts.html)

Jon T 22 June 2018 05:24 PM

Where can I get some hydraulic bonnet struts?

Any one know where I can get a set of bonnet dampers from don't want eBay jobbies.

jaygsi 22 June 2018 06:23 PM

For what car? Tein ones.

Jon T 22 June 2018 06:31 PM

Sorry its a hawkeye where's the best place to get tein ones from?

ted bass 23 June 2018 09:54 AM

Hey Jon i think their discontinued so can no longer get them new, demon tweeks used to stock them few yrs back, tein website says item no longer available, there's a clean looking second hand set currently on ebay funny enough which came off a subaru, not sure which model tho, if ya search for teen bonnet dampers they should pop up fella

ted bass 23 June 2018 09:57 AM

Bloody keyboard or fat fingers lol should read Tein not teen

KillianGF8 23 June 2018 11:59 AM

I got some for my classic on ebay about 60 quid and find no issues they came from germany. I think tegiwa do a newage kit but a bit more expensive.

One of the best mods ive done to the car imo.

madscoob 23 June 2018 12:21 PM

contact a company called GAS STRUT ENGINEERING they will make whatever size and connector you want but i expect they will want to know how heavy the bonnet is :thumb:

ossett2k2 23 June 2018 02:24 PM

Crazyspeedfreak on here used to sell them on group buys,he might have some left?

crazyspeedfreakz 23 June 2018 03:30 PM

Thanks Ossett :)

Pm sent Jon

sonic93 23 June 2018 05:33 PM

Oh I want some

ossett2k2 23 June 2018 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by sonic93 (Post 12015207)
Oh I want some

Group buy? @ csf :D

jaygsi 23 June 2018 07:28 PM

They just look the same as ones on eBay.

crazyspeedfreakz 23 June 2018 07:53 PM

Cheers jay ! I can only see one Uk seller of the struts at £60 delivered and they are slightly different design although I do not no who his supplier is so I cannot 100% confirm that but by the pics some components do look different.

I can do a group buy no worries I was speaking with the op earlier and isn’t in a super hurry so if we can get a list of people together or if people want to pm me we can do it that way :)

Binny 23 June 2018 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by crazyspeedfreakz (Post 12015230)
Cheers jay ! I can only see one Uk seller of the struts at £60 delivered and they are slightly different design although I do not no who his supplier is so I cannot 100% confirm that but by the pics some components do look different.

I can do a group buy no worries I was speaking with the op earlier and isn’t in a super hurry so if we can get a list of people together or if people want to pm me we can do it that way :)

I’d be interested at the right price if the group buy goes ahead. 😉

Badgie 24 June 2018 01:48 AM

Put me down for a set for a classic if the group buy goes ahead.

crazyspeedfreakz 26 June 2018 07:07 PM

Groupbuy now up and running in the groupbuy section :)

Just need to copy and paste the list and add your details of what u want, if your unsure
Just let me no on the thread and I will add you as requested

crazyspeedfreakz 26 June 2018 07:07 PM

https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys...-groupbuy.html

the shreksta 26 June 2018 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by crazyspeedfreakz (Post 12015726)

Hi

I'm interested but I have a question. Is there alot of resistence in these when closing the bonnet? With the standard bonnet prop it's just a case of dropping from say 6-7 inches and the bonnet shuts, if these have a lot of resistence meaning pushing down on the bonnet could result in denting it.

Sorry if it's a retarded question

crazyspeedfreakz 26 June 2018 08:10 PM

Hi Shreksta,

You couldn’t compress the struts by hand so as to give you a idea, the angle at which they
Are situated and the weight of the bonnet though is... I’ve never had a issue of a bonnet been dented before... as long as the brackets are put the correct way round and I recomend closing from the Center top of bonnet you shouldn’t have any issues...

:)

the shreksta 26 June 2018 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by crazyspeedfreakz (Post 12015739)
Hi Shreksta,

You couldn’t compress the struts by hand so as to give you a idea, the angle at which they
Are situated and the weight of the bonnet though is... I’ve never had a issue of a bonnet been dented before... as long as the brackets are put the correct way round and I recomend closing from the Center top of bonnet you shouldn’t have any issues...

Ok buddy thanks

crazyspeedfreakz 26 June 2018 10:37 PM

jaygsi 29 June 2018 12:22 PM

Ordered a few sets over the years from different sellers all come in unbranded boxes, with lost of Chinese spelling mistakes :thumb:

Originally Posted by crazyspeedfreakz (Post 12015230)