ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   2010 STI Hatch - Open Door Issue (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/1054734-2010-sti-hatch-open-door-issue.html)

TheOriginalAquapanther 11 June 2018 11:43 AM

2010 STI Hatch - Open Door Issue

Bought a hatch on Sat, Only have 1 key for it with lock\unlock button

When I unlock it only the drivers door unlocks.

The passengers & rear doors do unlock but then immediately move back to the lock position and I have to unlock them using the button on the drivers door

Help :cry:

CharlySkunkWeed 11 June 2018 08:05 PM

Just the way they are I'm afraid , well , on keyless entry that's the way it works. It does my head in.

Sarg400 11 June 2018 11:23 PM

You press the unlock twice to unlock them all on the keyless entry, that’s how mine works :thumb:

domino46 12 June 2018 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sarg400 (Post 12013652)
You press the unlock twice to unlock them all on the keyless entry, that’s how mine works :thumb:

this is also how my hatch works,, have found you have to press twice fairly quickly or it will just lock again lol :thumb:

hedgecutter 12 June 2018 07:48 AM

Jdm totally different, unlocks all doors on one click but then does anti hijack re locks all doors 20 secs later. Bummer if you leave it running and get out

AbbasSTI 12 June 2018 08:56 AM

There's definitely some way way to sort it. I have keyless entry and the doors all unlock without needing to press any buttons. That's how mine has been from the start.

TheOriginalAquapanther 12 June 2018 10:21 AM

Hi Guys, It's not keyless entry, just your standard lock/unlock button on the key

Pressing twice unlocks then locks all doors :(:mad:

Don Clark 12 June 2018 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by AbbasSTI (Post 12013684)
There's definitely some way way to sort it. I have keyless entry and the doors all unlock without needing to press any buttons. That's how mine has been from the start.

That would be because yours is JDM and doesn't have the "double lock" feature of European RHD cars (thatcham approval requirement)

TheOriginalAquapanther 12 June 2018 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Don Clark (Post 12013703)
That would be because yours is JDM and doesn't have the "double lock" feature of European RHD cars (thatcham approval requirement)

Hi Don, so am I stuck with it like this? No biggie just slightly annoying

Don Clark 12 June 2018 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by TheOriginalAquapanther (Post 12013704)
Hi Don, so am I stuck with it like this? No biggie just slightly annoying

AFAIK you are, due to the addition of the Sigma alarm addon and the single button key.
Section 2 of the owners manual, goes through all the combinations and as far as I can see the "double press of the unlock button within 5 secs", only works for cars equipped with the "door lock selection function" which uses a key that has two buttons, one for open, one for lock.

TheOriginalAquapanther 12 June 2018 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Don Clark (Post 12013714)
AFAIK you are, due to the addition of the Sigma alarm addon and the single button key.
Section 2 of the owners manual, goes through all the combinations and as far as I can see the "double press of the unlock button within 5 secs", only works for cars equipped with the "door lock selection function" which uses a key that has two buttons, one for open, one for lock.

No worries

Thanks for the input mate, much appreciated

domino46 12 June 2018 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by hedgecutter (Post 12013673)
Jdm totally different, unlocks all doors on one click but then does anti hijack re locks all doors 20 secs later. Bummer if you leave it running and get out

mine also does the anti hijacking so iv got into the habit of putting the window down when I get out and leave it running ,, have done this for years with them as had a few with this set up on the alarms

Markkingmonkey 14 June 2018 06:44 PM

I also recently bought a hatch STI single button key entry, I assumed there was a fault of some kind? That is completely ridiculous I’ve never seen that function on any other car how car this b a standard set up? Is there no way of reprogramming?

Pondman 18 October 2023 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by TheOriginalAquapanther (Post 12013522)
Bought a hatch on Sat, Only have 1 key for it with lock\unlock button

When I unlock it only the drivers door unlocks.

The passengers & rear doors do unlock but then immediately move back to the lock position and I have to unlock them using the button on the drivers door

Help :cry:

THREAD REVIVAL TIME!

Anybody found a solution to this VERY ANNOYING! issue. It’s like the car doesn’t like passengers and won’t let them in :wall:

SOLVED!
JUST BE MORE PATIENT! - if you wait until the orange indicator has gone out/extinguished, then press the button again it unlocks all the other doors + hatch! :top:

peter zippy reid 25 October 2023 12:50 PM

Is this not a solution
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...3322781dd.jpeg
Is This what you're looking for
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...2c0c772ed.jpeg