ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   Confused .. (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/1054192-confused.html)

RobsyUK 07 May 2018 09:15 AM

Confused ..

I’m with admiral, no faults and was doing multi car with a jazz and Honda frv. The jazz went, we kept the frv and stayed with admiral.

having the itch to get back in a scooby the Frv is going, the wife is getting a jazz and I’m going for a jap import.

Admiral couldn’t find the car and as a multi car it looks like my premium is going to be an extra £1,000 a year to make the total £1610. This isn’t an issue but I’m concerned that them selecting the car from the list it could be the wrong car and effect the policy else where.

I went on a comparison site to see how much it would cost for me to do an import on its own and it’s cheaper then my frv!

heres where I’m confused. I renew every year around Christmas and have the 12yrs nbc with the frv. The operator asked if I wanted to use them on the import, surely my 12yrs would go against all cars as it’s my existence?

why don’t they do it on all, if I crash any car then I have to tell all policies anyway which would then adjust all policies accordingly.

Can I take 6yrs from the frv (of the 12) to use on the import and pay any difference to the frv provider?

Oh oh and I’m sure I’ll be contacting moley shortly.

Moley 07 May 2018 03:22 PM

Technically you can only use your NCB on one policy

However, we use common sense and can mirror your NCB onto a second policy

RobsyUK 07 May 2018 05:10 PM

Thank you for that and I will be calling you. But I don’t get that it can only be used on one policy. Surely anyone’s safe driving would be just as safe in every car they drive?

ZANY 07 May 2018 05:37 PM

I would Highly recommend Gary superb prices and excellent customer service :thumb:

Helped me out when no other insurance company or broker would entertain me

I pm’d a certain one on here and still awaiting a pm from 2 years ago :lol1:

He’s also saved me an extra £200 on both the policy’s this year

boggissimo 08 May 2018 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 12008901)
heres where I’m confused. I renew every year around Christmas and have the 12yrs nbc with the frv. The operator asked if I wanted to use them on the import, surely my 12yrs would go against all cars as it’s my existence?

It's daft, but I gather that their logic is that your NCB is on the policy, not the driver. If you must choose to use it on one car from a multi-car policy, obviously go for the one with the higher premium. You can build up another NCB on another policy, but of course it's logical to think that NCB on a multi-car policy should cover all the cars. That just doesn't make them as much money. [/cynic]

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX 09 May 2018 08:53 PM

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like.
Regards,
Dan.

WRXrowdy 12 May 2018 10:17 AM

I'm confused too. Just had my renewal from bank of Scotland. Policy in my name, 42 yo with 3 years ncb on this policy, my son as named driver and annual mileage of 5000. It's gone down slightly, £1355 altogether on monthly instalments.

Went on compare the market, ran a quote in my sons name as main driver, with me as named (and wife in both cases). Increased the annual mileage from 5 to 10 thousand, my son has only held a full license since August last year, no no claims bonus.
It is, and I've phoned and clarified, £400 a year CHEAPER, for a 19 yo, with no no claims bonus, and less than a year driving experience, than for a 42 yo, with clean license, 25 years driving experience and 3 years ncb, FROM THE SAME PROVIDER!!!

How? Just doesn't make any sense at all!

ted bass 12 May 2018 10:42 AM

Im with Direct Line and they quoted me a price over the phone which i thought was excessive so went down the online route, low and behold the quote online was way cheaper for exact same car and type of cover with same company, phoned them back and they admitted they can't compete with the online price but would honour it.

WRXrowdy 12 May 2018 06:03 PM

I was with direct line for probably 10 years or longer. Always did the online quote versus renewal quote and phoned to get it price matched. The last time I tried it they wouldn't honour it, so took all my insurance policies elsewhere.
In the grand scheme of things it is a drop in the ocean to them, but five cars, four motorbikes, home and pet insurance moved out of principal.

ray54 12 May 2018 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by WRXrowdy (Post 12009658)
I was with direct line for probably 10 years or longer. Always did the online quote versus renewal quote and phoned to get it price matched. The last time I tried it they wouldn't honour it, so took all my insurance policies elsewhere.
In the grand scheme of things it is a drop in the ocean to them, but five cars, four motorbikes, home and pet insurance moved out of principal.

Like your principals ..! we should all do this, futile i know but if we all did it,could just teach the cheating b*stards a lesson!!

pauld37 13 May 2018 05:49 AM

Admiral mirror my NCB on my multi cover policy :confused: just renewed on Friday. Added home insurance to my three car policy (including the RA) and pay £48 a month for the lot! :thumb:

RobsyUK 29 July 2018 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by WRXrowdy (Post 12009658)

how can online be different when it's the same company? I wonder if it's the operators commison