ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   NFL coming to the UK? (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/1054047-nfl-coming-to-the-uk.html)

Tidgy 26 April 2018 01:22 PM

NFL coming to the UK?

So Shahid khan has chucked in a bid to buy wembley for about £800mill. He owns fulham FC and Jacksonville jags which have been touted to be the team to move over here for a number of years now. Theres a few issues to iron out but sounds like it might be one step closer assuming the bid is accepted.

TECHNOPUG 26 April 2018 01:40 PM

Considering that the new Spurs ground has been specifically designed to meet the requirements of an NFL franchise, including removable grass pitch & increased locker room sizes, and already has a 10 year agreement with the NFL to host games, I'd imagine that is a far more likely location.

The NFL have an algorithm of "brand awareness" in each country which needs to exceed a certain value before they will consider it a financially viable franchise location. Current predictions are that the UK will meet that requirement in the next 12-18 months.

Tidgy 26 April 2018 01:45 PM

interesting, i hadnt realised it was speced that way.

TECHNOPUG 26 April 2018 01:56 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northu...opment_Project

Funkii Munkii 26 April 2018 07:34 PM

The true offer is £600m and handouts from food sales over a period of time at the venue, resulting in another potential £300m

IIRC the place cost over £800m of tax payers money to build, so at today's prices that's roughly a £1.1b

So the FA are going to sell the ancestral home of Association Football to America so they can promote their brand of mickey mouse rugby, how long until things like the FA Cup, England matches aren't played there or get charged ridiculous fees which are then reflected in ticket prices.

The FA should not be allowed to even consider selling the place

I can no positives whatsoever.

Tidgy 26 April 2018 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 12007375)
The true offer is £600m and handouts from food sales over a period of time at the venue, resulting in another potential £300m

IIRC the place cost over £800m of tax payers money to build, so at today's prices that's roughly a £1.1b

So the FA are going to sell the ancestral home of Association Football to America so they can promote their brand of mickey mouse rugby, how long until things like the FA Cup, England matches aren't played there or get charged ridiculous fees which are then reflected in ticket prices.

The FA should not be allowed to even consider selling the place

I can no positives whatsoever.

Given how pathetic football players are now I'm assuming you consider them mini mouse,,,, pmsl

Funkii Munkii 27 April 2018 10:59 AM

Good to see you grasping the point as ever Tidge. :thumb:

NotFromSomerset 27 April 2018 11:21 AM

No way are the fa selling wembley, almost paid off now and they are making among of off ticket sales and ruining the FA cup in every conceivable way.

As above spurs will most likely host the first NFL franchise in London , very intelligent business from Daniel Levy, whole stadium has been designed for dual purpose NFL and football. Also as a venue for music, I read they drafted in Coldplay and rolling stones people with experts to do the sound system for the best effect at music events

Tidgy 27 April 2018 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 12007469)
Good to see you grasping the point as ever Tidge. :thumb:

i dont mind football as a game, i just have no time for the bunch of over paid, cheating morons who act like children.

jaygsi 27 April 2018 02:55 PM

Don't like the NFL, don't want it coming to the UK. America can keep there sports, there just trying to come over here because of the money in football.

NotFromSomerset 27 April 2018 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 12007503)
Don't like the NFL, don't want it coming to the UK. America can keep there sports, there just trying to come over here because of the money in football.

Dont watch it then lol wembley sells out for every game