ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   anyone know this car? hatch STI 2.5 450BHP (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1053852-anyone-know-this-car-hatch-sti-2-5-450bhp.html)

Juice 15 April 2018 03:45 PM

anyone know this car? hatch STI 2.5 450BHP

Hi guys, back to the forum and on the look out for something a little juicy

anyone got any info about this car?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Im...MAAOSwNmVaY0QE

looking to take a trip down to have a view, one question in particular, who would be interested in the seats and how easy is it to find replacement oem ones?

is the owner of the car on here? what kind of boost is it running?
anyone seen this thing on a track or even at an event?

please let me know

Thanks in advance

Gsi Jay 15 April 2018 04:02 PM

Don't know the car but it looks good with a nice spec, looking on the mot history it's only done 1500 miles in the last 4 years so it's had very little use by the look of it, maybe contact scooby clinic and see if they can vouch for it, seems like they did most of the work. :thumb:

jaygsi 15 April 2018 06:27 PM

Low miles could just mean it's been used on track. 1000 miles on a track isn't the best.

Originally Posted by Gsi Jay
Don't know the car but it looks good with a nice spec, looking on the mot history it's only done 1500 miles in the last 4 years so it's had very little use by the look of it, maybe contact scooby clinic and see if they can vouch for it, seems like they did most of the work. :thumb:

Juice 15 April 2018 10:06 PM

Thanks for the replies

i have spoken with Scooby clinic and they know The car and they say it’s quick and reliable but haven’t seen it in a while. Even though you mention it’s done 1500 miles surely even if it has been on track it’s been serviced well with oil changes after a track but only looking at the service history will confirm this

anyone else

whats a 450hp hatch like to drive for a daily?

thanks

domino46 16 April 2018 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Juice (Post 12005854)
Thanks for the replies

i have spoken with Scooby clinic and they know The car and they say it’s quick and reliable but haven’t seen it in a while. Even though you mention it’s done 1500 miles surely even if it has been on track it’s been serviced well with oil changes after a track but only looking at the service history will confirm this

anyone else

whats a 450hp hatch like to drive for a daily?

thanks

they are great every day motors even at that power :thumb:

Sarg400 16 April 2018 12:36 PM

Cheshire performance had this car for a couple of years remember it up there, they were using it and then had it for sale for about 18 months. This was about 2 years ago

Floyd 16 April 2018 01:13 PM

Go and drive it and see if it feels fresh, or abused and then decide. It should feel tight, no suspension or engine knocks and drive pretty much as new.

R666ORY+1 16 April 2018 01:18 PM

Don’t want to jump on the band wagon as it’s a differing topic but I’ve been to Cheshire Performance a few times now to look at cars. Always the same routine. Jump in car, thrash it from cold thinking it will impress you then say it’s well cared for! Plenty of people on here have bought cars from them with both good a bad press. If they had it & ran it for a while I personally would be concerned. More so because I went to view a car they had & asked if a differing car they had was being used locally. They said no, it passed my parents house every day for a week & I saw it parked up outside the same house every night. None of that is damning but it’s not exactly trustworthy or caring for stock in any manner. The car your questioning has of course been bought some time ago and used since so could be a belter. I know again it’s far from damning but every time I’ve been up there they are all dressed like typical pikeys which I personally don’t think reflects well on them. First impressions and all. If they ran it for a while were they doing the servicing on it? That would concern me also. By no means attempting to be negative but you asked so I can only mention what I know of the company.

Anger 17 April 2018 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Gsi Jay (Post 12005733)

That’s because they have had it a long time

salsa-king 17 April 2018 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 12005767)
Low miles could just mean it's been used on track. 1000 miles on a track isn't the best.

lol, unless I've owned it lol

salsa-king 17 April 2018 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 12006021)
That’s because they have had it a long time

Yes, it's been FS a while hasn't it.

ask on https://www.facebook.com/groups/5789...?ref=bookmarks

or the Hatch thread in Gallery on here

SmileyScooby 17 April 2018 09:42 PM

Well...

Well, I live about 10 miles from this dealer and I went in and had a look a few weeks ago. I wasn't in a position to buy anything but I was on the look out for potentials.
I didn't turn it over as I had my 4 year old with me and his car seat wouldn't go in the rear because of the rear harness frame. It did look the business though. The seats were nice and I had no reason to doubt that it had 450bhp. The guy told me
that he had sold it a couple of times in the previous weeks and that the two different people had brought it back because it was "too powerful for normal use" so he had knocked off their £500 deposits.? I swear that it was he told me and it just didn't sound right. That guy seemed pretty young and it appeared that he was trying to just big it up to me...?
Anyways, I decided that I am gonna wait a little longer yet and look into JDMs.

One thing you need to know though...I typed the dealer into google just to put a link on here. I posted about this car a few weeks ago, along with two others.
The main owner is in jail for fraud to do with car sales...and he sons appeared to have only just got off with suspended sentences.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/jailed-car-trader-scammed-customers-1033078.amp

SmileyScooby 17 April 2018 09:45 PM

joz8968 17 April 2018 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by SmileyScooby
...I was on the look out for potentials...

SmileyScooby 17 April 2018 10:36 PM

Lol

joz8968 17 April 2018 11:05 PM

So, are you The One, then? :D

:cuckoo:

Norman Dog 18 April 2018 07:24 PM

With a name like that he's probably connected to the Gambinos.

I'd stay clear if I was you. :nono:

Tomwrx 24 April 2018 06:41 PM

If ure now looking into jdm have a look at wilki car he has for sale, its a cracking car and well looked after plus a lot cheaper than the hatch u were looking at