ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   RT News, thoughts? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1053829-rt-news-thoughts.html)

Martin2005 13 April 2018 12:32 AM

RT News, thoughts?

Since the whole nerve agent incident, and now the latest Syria crisis, I've watched a fair bit of this (mainly to see what 'the other side are saying'). I have to say that it seems like a fairly bizarre mix of half truth, complete lack of truth, and conspiracy theories.
​​​​​

I'm torn between thinking that this junk 'news' should been taken off the airwaves, and my firm belief in freedom of speech.

Does anyone else watch this?

dpb 13 April 2018 02:14 AM

Take it away how ?!

bonesetter 13 April 2018 07:02 AM

Well, it's the other side's propaganda, but it's a million times better than the propaganda and damn piss poor crap we get passed as 'news' from out state news channel

Have you looked at the shows - Alex Sammond, Going Underground etc?

Martin2005 13 April 2018 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by bonesetter (Post 12005416)
Well, it's the other side's propaganda, but it's a million times better than the propaganda and damn piss poor crap we get passed as 'news' from out state news channel

Have you looked at the shows - Alex Sammond, Going Underground etc?

I'm sure they have some good features.

It's their news coverage that concerns me.

Fortunately we don't have a state news channel in this country.

neil-h 13 April 2018 08:56 AM

You are of course assuming that what RT is saying isn't true... You never know, they may actually be right. It's a strange world out there.

Martin2005 13 April 2018 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 12005426)
You are of course assuming that what RT is saying isn't true... You never know, they may actually be right. It's a strange world out there.

I am indeed assuming that.

History would suggest that it's a good assumption though.

andy97 13 April 2018 09:05 AM

It is Main Stream News-either subtle or obvious agenda for political/financial/manipulative motives.

Not worth wasting time on

dpb 13 April 2018 09:26 AM

Jus stick to infowars , like kwik

Much safer lol

bonesetter 13 April 2018 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 12005423)
I'm sure they have some good features.

It's their news coverage that concerns me.

Fortunately we don't have a state news channel in this country.

Really?
Ours is the BBC

bonesetter 13 April 2018 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 12005428)

I think it's a good assumption what our government says is fake - WMD anyone?

Martin2005 13 April 2018 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by bonesetter (Post 12005433)
Really?
Ours is the BBC

I assume you're being deliberately obtuse, and do actually know the difference between a state and a public broadcaster?

Paben 13 April 2018 09:54 AM

Propaganda, lies or half truths? It doesn't matter much as neither side in this conflict is supportable; they're both vile. The only possibility would be to bombed the place flat and wipe out both sides entirely, and hope a few civilians survive. That might not happen then.

neil-h 13 April 2018 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 12005428)

It's still an assumption at the end of the day, so it could still be wrong.

bonesetter 13 April 2018 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 12005437)
I assume you're being deliberately obtuse, and do actually know the difference between a state and a public broadcaster?

Not much difference at all I would guess :)

I'll change it to Deep State ;)

Martin2005 13 April 2018 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by bonesetter (Post 12005476)
Not much difference at all I would guess :)

I'll change it to Deep State ;)

Ok well carry on enjoying your news from the Russian state then. I'm sure you'll learn much

bonesetter 13 April 2018 09:01 PM

RT is one news source I use. I do look at the BBC, but see dreary items such as drinking 5 units a week will shorten your life by 6 months

However, I've just watched Sophie & Co interview with Pres Erdogon's chief adviser. Where else can see that. Certainly none of the MSM's channels

dpb 13 April 2018 09:17 PM

Too right You wouldnt get any that nonsense nanny state in Russia where its positive encouraged drown your sorrows in so much potato moonshine

Martin2005 13 April 2018 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by bonesetter (Post 12005539)
RT is one news source I use. I do look at the BBC, but see dreary items such as drinking 5 units a week will shorten your life by 6 months

However, I've just watched Sophie & Co interview with Pres Erdogon's chief adviser. Where else can see that. Certainly none of the MSM's channels

Indeed where else would you find George Galloway giving credibility to Russian claims that the UK staged the latest chemical attack in Syria?

An0n0m0us 13 April 2018 11:17 PM

Russia are the biggest bunch of liars on the planet and feed their people false news the same way the North Koreans do. How any of you are sucked in by Putin and Lavrov saying Russia is innocent in everything is absolutely laughable. It's what Russia has always done, it's their tactics and how they get away with what they do. They do something illegal and deny all knowledge of it and say it didn't happen and keep saying it in the hope idiots go and believe them :lol1: :facepalm:

bonesetter 14 April 2018 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 12005562)
Russia are the biggest bunch of liars on the planet and feed their people false news the same way the North Koreans do. How any of you are sucked in by Putin and Lavrov saying Russia is innocent in everything is absolutely laughable. It's what Russia has always done, it's their tactics and how they get away with what they do. They do something illegal and deny all knowledge of it and say it didn't happen and keep saying it in the hope idiots go and believe them :lol1: :facepalm:

I think you might be overestimating the West's honesty and under estimating Russia's

While I'm not a Russia apologist, I do look for balance, or look for for who's going to benefit, and Syria regime change for one thing has long been on the agenda

So for now, I'll keep my mind and eyes wide open

ALi-B 14 April 2018 07:37 PM

I don't care much for RT.

Nor do I care much for other mainstream news outlets, where it seems the story and the sensationalism is the prime motivator in getting that headline scoop. The accuracy of the report, its sources or even the quality of English is just not up to scratch. Sure, time is always of the essence in getting that big scoop out first, but at what expense?

Well, of course I'd be expected to say this. It's apprantly my hobby horse. I hope I didn't disappoint. :thumb:

"So" (the average TV jouno's grammatically poor start to a TV interview), I'll end my contribution with a report from RT https://www.rt.com/op-ed/401994-omran-aleppo-boy-syria/ and question why the BBC did not name the terrorist attack victim, Ebba Akerlund. RT's stance is always at odds with Western media and some would call the BBC's omission a conspiracy (where a quick search will find plenty of comments from people who noticed this), however I'd prefer to put the former down to institutional bias (of which various media outlets suffer) and the latter down to the typically sloppy journalism that also appears to be endemic in media corperations.

The Trooper 1815 15 April 2018 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by bonesetter (Post 12005539)

News 24 cover some oretty diverse stuff.
Sky.
Channel 4 News. Pretty unbiased and honest.

ALi-B 15 April 2018 12:25 PM

Channel 4 News. Pretty unbiased and honest
:Suspiciou

Arguably when challenged, their public statement dismissed any 'Bias' as merely being 'Independant thought'.

Certainly when it gets political, their independant thinking is on par with the BBC. No worse though just a slightly different viewpoint. Possibly better quality journalism, although it is provided by ITN of whom also supply content to ITV and channel 5.

fpan 15 April 2018 03:40 PM

The way political parties control media (unless their barons own them) is via advertising.
When you want them to shut up, throw them a full page advertisement and pay them a substantial amount of money.
One needs to read many sources and use his brain to judge what the truth is.

An0n0m0us 18 April 2018 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by bonesetter (Post 12005575)
I think you might be overestimating the West's honesty and under estimating Russia's

While I'm not a Russia apologist, I do look for balance, or look for for who's going to benefit, and Syria regime change for one thing has long been on the agenda

So for now, I'll keep my mind and eyes wide open

Lol! Under estimating Russia's honesty? :lol1:

I watched the BBC interview with Sergei Lavrov last night and that bloke is the World's biggest liar and conspiracist :cuckoo: :facepalm: I just wish it had been Paxman interviewing him.

If you want to believe anything he says you really do need to be less gullible and wake up to reality.

The interview is here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-m...erview-in-full

You don't need to be an expert in telling a liar when you heart this tw4t speak :rolleyes:

SmurfyBhoy 18 April 2018 12:08 PM

https://www.rt.com/uk/424392-may-hus...capital-group/

Certainly won't see stories like that on our good old state funded pedophile ring we call the BBC.

But i guess the Bond villain Russians just make all these nasty rumours up.

SmurfyBhoy 18 April 2018 12:13 PM

Flat Earth & Chemtrails are conspiracy theorys.

Educate yourselves on the Gulf of Tonkin incident,

Certainly a factual event that did happen and proves how little these folk care who make the decisions to send generations to their deaths in the name of profit....

Martin2005 18 April 2018 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 12006174)
https://www.rt.com/uk/424392-may-hus...capital-group/

Certainly won't see stories like that on our good old state funded pedophile ring we call the BBC.

But i guess the Bond villain Russians just make all these nasty rumours up.

It's just more propaganda - you're being played

It's almost comical how you attack the BBC as 'state funded', which it obviously isn't, then use a completely bollox, made up, hoax story from RT (which IS state funded) as some kind of evidence of how we're all gullible.

Quite funny really

Martin2005 18 April 2018 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 12006175)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHzhJ7l9hao

Flat Earth & Chemtrails are conspiracy theorys.

Educate yourselves on the Gulf of Tonkin incident,

Certainly a factual event that did happen and proves how little these folk care who make the decisions to send generations to their deaths in the name of profit....

I was watching intently until Pearl Harbour was used as an example of a false flag (or 'flase flag' as they kept calling it)
, then I switched off
Just a bunch of conspiritards

ALi-B 18 April 2018 01:23 PM

RT is apparently under investigation by Ofcom over its coverage on the Salisbury poisonings.

Can't imagine why ;)