ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Cats scratching the car (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1053646-cats-scratching-the-car.html)

seanvx 05 April 2018 08:05 PM

Cats scratching the car

Is there any real way of stopping them , iv seen ideas from car covers to loins poo lol but what works has anyone had any luck with anything

Paben 05 April 2018 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by seanvx (Post 12004080)
Is there any real way of stopping them , iv seen ideas from car covers to loins poo lol but what works has anyone had any luck with anything

Blow them off with a hose pipe. Of course you might have to sit there all night to do it

Jon T 05 April 2018 09:40 PM

Buy an air rifle:norty:

Nin120 05 April 2018 11:05 PM

Car cover or a Terrier!

seanvx 06 April 2018 08:02 AM

Are the covers thick enough could anyone recommend one

JDM_Stig 06 April 2018 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by seanvx (Post 12004145)

If you know the cats owner have a word, just so when their cat comes back wet thru they know why,
But grab a water pistol with a few drops of lemon juice in, squirt the cat a couple of times and it wont return, they hate citrus, if it does, then swap the lemon for a couple of drops of vinegar,
Do make sure that if the cat is scared when you wet it, that it doesnt run out into a road,
I am a cat owner, I know they can be a pita.

The Trooper 1815 06 April 2018 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 12004163)
If you know the cats owner have a word, just so when their cat comes back wet thru they know why,
But grab a water pistol with a few drops of lemon juice in, squirt the cat a couple of times and it wont return, they hate citrus, if it does, then swap the lemon for a couple of drops of vinegar,
Do make sure that if the cat is scared when you wet it, that it doesnt run out into a road,
I am a cat owner, I know they can be a pita.

I am fortunate enough to have a garage and a cat. He is curious as fewk and will try to sit on or get in the car whenever I am doing something with it. When the car is locked up it ain't a problem.

Shooing him away and giving him a quick squirt with water normally seals the deal. Until he dries off and comes back :-0

ZANY 06 April 2018 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by seanvx (Post 12004145)

Storm force ones do a perfect job available from scoobyworld

Shame your not closer I’ve got a spare one for sale

I have cats on mine all the time when it’s on no damage at all but funnily enough they don’t go on the car when the covers off and they keep the rats away aswell

They must be able to sense I love them to bits :luvlove: :)

seanvx 08 April 2018 10:48 AM

Thanks zany il look into them

JDM_Stig 08 April 2018 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 12004168)
I am fortunate enough to have a garage and a cat. He is curious as fewk and will try to sit on or get in the car whenever I am doing something with it. When the car is locked up it ain't a problem.

Shooing him away and giving him a quick squirt with water normally seals the deal. Until he dries off and comes back :-0

This is where the lemon juice / Vinegar come in, when they lick it off they obviously hate it, after a couple of squirts they stay away,
I had a cat flap that a local cat liked the look of, obviously having my own cat I cant lock it, this worked for me.

Paben 08 April 2018 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 12004595)
This is where the lemon juice / Vinegar come in, when they lick it off they obviously hate it, after a couple of squirts they stay away,
I had a cat flap that a local cat liked the look of, obviously having my own cat I cant lock it, this worked for me.

Electronic cat flaps are cheap enough, tuned to your cat and nothing else can enter. It saves my small cat from being bashed up nightly by the local thug cats and having all her grub nicked!

joz8968 08 April 2018 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Paben
Electronic cat flaps are cheap enough, tuned to your cat and nothing else can enter...

Communicates with the cat's chip?

JDM_Stig 08 April 2018 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 12004601)
Communicates with the cat's chip?

RFID Chip, so it only lets in your cat.

jaygsi 09 April 2018 05:32 PM

We just reversed the cat flap so could only be opened by lifting it up over there heads. Then taught them how to do it. Cheaper and more simple.

Now all ours cats have passed away the problem we now have is stopping other cats pooing in Garden. Didn't know they scratched cars.