ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   England V Brazil (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/105360-england-v-brazil.html)

Neil Smalley 15 June 2002 04:07 PM

What a match this would be. I suspect whoever wins out of that match will go onto win the world cup.

My heart says England, My head Brazil. We need to concentrate totally for 90+ mins and so far we've only been able to manange 75.

DJ Dunk 15 June 2002 04:11 PM

England 1-0.

Brazils dodgy defence will lose it for them.

And besides, I'm still pissed and dancing after this result :D :D :D

mutant_matt 15 June 2002 04:27 PM

if we play as well as we can then we can beat Brazil - our defence seems pretty solid and theirs is shocking.....

Matt :)

Maz-old 15 June 2002 04:38 PM

I think we are as good a side as Brazil. We have strength and pace, but what we didn;t do against Denmark or Sweden was attack the player with the ball and not give them time on teh ball. Against Brazil, that is crucial. Brazil's defence is poor, yes, but ours has not had to cope with a real strike force yet. Argentina's strike force is not the greatest at the moment and the rest have been average. Even today, Campbell looked poor at times. Ebbe Sand would not have even had a shot had Campbell tracked him properly and left Tomassen to Ferdinand. His chance was as a result of Campbell's mistake.

Beckham is also leaving a lot to Danny Mills by not defending well. Sinclair and Cole are defending as a pair, even though Cole is goinginside too much, but Beckham is leaving it all to Mills. Ronaldhino is having a crap world cup, but on the left side, could cause us problems if Beckham continues to do this! Also, Heskey is falling over far too much!

But we have a chance and I think we'll acquit ourselves well, even if we lose.

Maz.

I would also rate Italy and Spain's chances to win. Possible England v. Germany final - practise those penalties, please!

kimera 15 June 2002 06:48 PM

the scary thought is we beat brazil and whoever, get to germany in the final and lose against the fukin box heads

paulr 15 June 2002 06:55 PM

Should be a cracking match.......(if Brazil beat Belguim)........IMO the key to who wins will be how we defend.We can score against Brazil,its just can we keep Ronaldo and co at bay.

Whatever happens.....it could be a great match:D

dfullerton 15 June 2002 10:32 PM

im sorry but if we play brazil we will lose

Scooby_Manchester 15 June 2002 10:42 PM

dfullerton...........Ron Atkinson is disguise?

planky 15 June 2002 10:43 PM

Think positive and just remember Brazils defence is very iffy.

zoog 16 June 2002 02:03 AM

We can beat Brazil - no doubt - there is NO stand out team in this World Cup, and even if we lose to them it will be honorable to go out to Brazil, so all in all it couldn't be better than to meet them next round.

We are peaking just at the right time, and defensively we are second to none for sure. If the forwards start firing on all cylinders and Beckham is up to 100% (he was 70% today) then we can meet Brazil on equal terms.

SimonEvoExtreme 16 June 2002 10:15 AM

The real key to this match will be our defence. While I agree with some of what Maz says, our defence is the best in the competition and when Ferdinand and Campbell play together, we don't lose. We don't coceed many goal either. To date, Brazil haven't played against a good defenceand their defence has been so poor that they have to be worried.

We average 1 defensive blunder a match and often get away with it thanks to Seaman. The Brazilians make a huge number every game and our strickers are just getting their confidence. It won't be easy, but I would put money on England. This team seems to have the knack of laying ghosts to rest - Germany, Argentena - so why not another, Brazil.

Scoobie Doobie Doo 16 June 2002 10:56 AM

Sorry folks

But you are all dreaming if you think that that England team can beat Brazil

SORRY BUT WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE.

I have been at all the England games and they have been ****e apart from a half decent performance yesterday and it was only a half the first one.

As for Brazil they have Just dropped a gear when they need to and they are away a bit like my Scooby at home all alone.

And as for the Samba Girls Well Waht can i say chaps!!!!

and god its sticky out here
Got to go drink beer

Bad Bads 16 June 2002 11:01 AM

Are we not jumping the gun a bit.We all know that Brazil should beat Belgium but France should have beat Senegal and Portugal should have beat South Korea.
This world cup has thrown up some funnny result's.Will we see another one tomorrow?
Cheers Paul.

pslewis 16 June 2002 11:05 AM

So? who is Scoobie Doobie Doo??? a newbie but we all know its one of those 'oldies' that hide behind a new face!!

England are quite capable of beating Brazil, the score will be 4-3 to England because we will not be able to contain their strikeforce all the time ....................... however, their defence go Absent-without-leave all the time!!

Pete

paulr 16 June 2002 11:16 AM

Sorry mate.....dont agree.If we beat Brazil it'll be a 1-0 jobby.To try and outplay Brazil in an open game is not the way to go.
Argentina have a great strikeforce,Batistuta and Crespo,but we held them at bay.No, we want a dull game,defend well and get a goal from a set piece.

Thats the way to beat Brazil:D......

Craig Mac21 16 June 2002 11:37 AM

Scoobie Doobie Doo

I agree with all of that, you hit the nail on the head there

could use that hammer for a lot of things

Samba Away

planky 16 June 2002 04:23 PM

You know this will never stop,when WE beat Brazil/Belguim(the game aint been played yet!!!!!!)weve still going to get these jealous jocks saying "youre going to lose the next game" the only way to SHUT them up is to win the World Cup and then we can make them even MORE jealous of the English.
**********************COME ON ENGLAND********************
BTW why cant we stop these newbies from Scotland?? coming on here.soon as the WC finished they will disappear HOPEFULLY.THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!

Scooby_Manchester 16 June 2002 04:48 PM

I think it's fair to say that all those foreign people who slag England are just bored and jelous because England are still in the World Cup..........either that or they are just plain and simply sad and have too much time on their hands to call England despite thier team not even qualifying for the World Cup.........they won't be laughing on Friday!!

Craig Mac21 16 June 2002 05:10 PM

good spelling in manchester

EvilBevel 16 June 2002 05:14 PM

Wow, heated feelings :D

What if you have to face the Belgians LOL ;)

I for one predicted they would get trashed by Russia... proves how much I know about footy eh...

Funny world cup this, nothing seems to be predictable.

Shame about Ireland today though BTW... they somehow forgot to finish it off.

Craig Mac21 16 June 2002 05:18 PM

Evil

Yes i couldnt agree more the Irish Luck just let them down

It was good to watch a quailty team against a quality side like Spain

They deserved better but they can hold there heads high as they did themselves proud

Craig

titmarsh 16 June 2002 07:43 PM

luck of the irish? how many penalties did they miss?

jasey 16 June 2002 09:38 PM

Argentina beat Brazil (twice I think) in qualifying as did PARAGUAY (Who let's face it are complete PISH). They were lucky againg Turkey (Who are PISH). Could only manage 4 against CHINA (Who are ....). If Brazil get past Belgium we'll beat them 3-1 :D:D:D:D:D

uncle buck 16 June 2002 09:46 PM

England vs Brazil 1970... we know what happened then....

Can Rio Ferdinand play like Boby Moore? - Let's hope so...