ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Interior (https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-15/)
-   -   Anyone tried to put the seats out of an evo into a Scooby? (https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-15/1053479-anyone-tried-to-put-the-seats-out-of-an-evo-into-a-scooby.html)

Harris classic 25 March 2018 10:40 AM

Anyone tried to put the seats out of an evo into a Scooby?

Has anyone tries this? Currently looking for seats for my classic. Seen some fairly priced evo recaros so was wondering if anyone has tries putting them in?

Fishbowlhead 25 March 2018 10:43 AM

There was deff a thread where someone did this. Can't remember who though.

Harris classic 25 March 2018 11:01 AM

I did have a quick search but couldn't find anything. When googled people have put them in other cars. 172 and 182 clios seem popular

ZANY 25 March 2018 01:39 PM

Local lad has them in his bugeye fronts only looked o right but I’d rather go for the bug sti ones instead

Gary moley put a set of evo seats in his Clio cup track car not so long ago aswell

I personally think the bugeye sti seats hold you best tho out of the imprezas unless it’s the s203/4 recaroz

Harris classic 25 March 2018 02:13 PM

I did have a set of sti blobeye seats but they sit way to high in a classic. Even on the lowest position there was a few mms gap between steering wheel and my legs. Did have a set of sparco buckets but was too much work to get them to fit even after buying the brackets and correct rails plus getting in and out of the car was a pain lol.

EndaITR 25 March 2018 08:59 PM

For bottom mounted recaros you need custom made up rails, ive evo 7 recaros in mine, 10 times better than sti seats.. but side mounted recaros you can buy rails off the shelf

adam1986 28 March 2018 11:15 AM

I have evo 8 recaros in my hawkeye. I bought them off a scottishscoobies.net member. They were done by, I think, cutting the evo frames off and welding them to Impreza frames.

Harris classic 28 March 2018 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by adam1986 (Post 12002609)
I have evo 8 recaros in my hawkeye. I bought them off a scottishscoobies.net member. They were done by, I think, cutting the evo frames off and welding them to Impreza frames.

cool that helps alot. I've got a set of rails. Will just need a welder and the seats now.

Harris classic 28 March 2018 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by EndaITR (Post 12002219)
For bottom mounted recaros you need custom made up rails, ive evo 7 recaros in mine, 10 times better than sti seats.. but side mounted recaros you can buy rails off the shelf

Nice. I had an evo 8 years ago and I really liked the seats in it. Planning on getting some evo 7 seats as they would look slightly smarter.

jamesd84 18 August 2018 04:56 PM

I have evo 8 MR seats. Just get wrx rails and some mods to the chair, bolt together.

funkyrimpler 20 August 2018 10:06 AM

Slightly off topic but I've seen Integra type R seats in a GC8 and they looked brilliant..Just an alternative if the Evo's are a problem.

EndaITR 20 August 2018 10:30 AM

most recaro bottom mounted seats use the same m10 x 4 bolt pattern, its getting the slider to fit those bolts that's the issue. I had custom rails made up for my Evo7 recaros, but can fit DC2/5 recaros either as they all use the 4 bolt pattern on the base