ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Subaru prices on the rise ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1052830-subaru-prices-on-the-rise.html)

jaygsi 28 January 2019 09:17 PM

Yes i see what your saying, thats in USA, where the supply is low and demand will be high. I can see them importing alot from Japan not so much front the UK as cars over here won't be as mint due to rust. No saying prices can't and won't go up, just at the moment you can still pick up reasonable imports for cheap. I had a thread up here not long ago, so many dealers just buying a reselling, some were even using the same pictures :lol1:

Originally Posted by s c o o b y (Post 12042914)
Japanese classics over in New York have a black 93 wrx up for 15000 used as there able to get them now under the 25 year rule all I was saying was for good standard original cars if you can find them watch this space .

s c o o b y 28 January 2019 09:19 PM

This is the newest import wrx I can find these are the prices to expect the car dealers can see what's coming hopefully the link will work

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1064475

s c o o b y 28 January 2019 09:25 PM

Give it another year or so and I think things will change it happened to the r32/33 gtr as soon as the yanks started to import them .

jameswrx 28 January 2019 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 12042902)

James, longtime no speak buddy, how’s things? Car is looking cracking pal, I totally hear what you’re saying about Cossies etc, as you know I’ve had loads, wish I still had my 22B too, just has 12k mileson it, hey ho, I don’t do regrets.

Pete aka Staffi ;)

Hi Pete, all good mate thanks. How’s you? Still around on PF and mlr? Yeah the 22b, I dread to think what they’re going for, I did go on 22b forum the other day and there’s been no posts in the discussion bit for ages. Funny how things change. Guess the forum to own these days is a Golf R forum or something!

silver-sub 28 January 2019 11:13 PM

Prices definitely rising.

rossyboy 29 January 2019 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 12042910)
Because your suggesting that the prices are flying up for imports. Some yes, STI models type r models are going up. WRX models aren't really going up that much at all. I can pick up a reasonable one for under 2k.

Your standards are far lower than mine then, as it seems you’d be happy running around in some complete dogs. I also didn’t say anything about prices flying up. £3k is not what I would call flying up.

rossyboy 29 January 2019 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 12042917)
Yes i see what your saying, thats in USA, where the supply is low and demand will be high. I can see them importing alot from Japan not so much front the UK as cars over here won't be as mint due to rust. No saying prices can't and won't go up, just at the moment you can still pick up reasonable imports for cheap. I had a thread up here not long ago, so many dealers just buying a reselling, some were even using the same pictures :lol1:

There aren’t many left in Japan either - they’ve already exported them all, or scrapped them.

jaygsi 29 January 2019 10:42 AM

No as I'm on the look out for one myself. The question was raised that you couldn't get a reasonable import for cheap.

I could throw up links all day long of them going cheap. There reasonable, not perfect. Where you think the dealers are getting them from.

If your taking about mint ones then yes there not cheap at all.

Originally Posted by rossyboy
Your standards are far lower than mine then, as it seems you’d be happy running around in some complete dogs. I also didn’t say anything about prices flying up. £3k is not what I would call flying up.

mike74 29 January 2019 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by silver-sub (Post 12042931)
Prices definitely rising.

ASKING prices are, for the most part, as ludicrous as ever... but actual achieved sale prices are, I'm guessing, considerably lower than the pie in the sky fantasy figures that most 'sellers' are asking.

There's a few on ebay at the moment that even I think aren't entirely unreasonably priced and yet they're not shifting and have been on quite a few weeks now.

mike74 01 February 2019 03:56 AM

Just to further illustrate my point about asking prices v sold prices (although I won't ID the particular car or individual)

A member on here put their car up for £17k a couple of months back, they've since deleted the scoobynet classified ad but it's currently still sat on ebay unsold with a fixed price of £11k.

jaygsi 02 February 2019 12:07 AM

Glad someone else is on the same page. Been watching Impreza prices for years. I bought my classic wrx over 10 years ago now. Think it cost just over £2000 and there worth around that now in same nick.

type-ra 02 February 2019 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 12043501)
Glad someone else is on the same page. Been watching Impreza prices for years. I bought my classic wrx over 10 years ago now. Think it cost just over £2000 and there worth around that now in same nick.

I've been watching prices for years too. I'm looking for a tidy, early WRX that's not been messed with. If you find one for £2000 please let me know:thumb:

jaygsi 03 February 2019 05:25 PM

Depends what your classing as tidy? For £2000 it wouldn't be mint. But respectable.

Originally Posted by type-ra
I've been watching prices for years too. I'm looking for a tidy, early WRX that's not been messed with. If you find one for £2000 please let me know:thumb:

Henrik 04 February 2019 07:19 AM

Jaygsi, I think you're pretty much on the money fwiw.

Yes, super clean examples might fetch (or is it ask?) good money, but for a run of the mill car, with its cosmetic issues etc etc, I definitely am not seeing massive rises (see actual sold prices on eBay for examole.).

Then again, if they were say 2k for a runner, and someone manages to sell it for 2500, that's a 25% increase, but it's also only 500 pounds. With our cars as cheap as they are, they kind of look like penny-shares :)

Recession is coming, and that's not going to help values either.

s c o o b y 04 February 2019 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by type-ra (Post 12043503)

there is no good ones about these boys are just talking about dogs , anyone in the know knows you can't buy a good classic wrx for 2k :lol1:

mariodiniz21 07 February 2019 03:21 PM

In Portugal where I live, you cannot buy a STI (2001-2005) in good condition for less than 30 000 pounds, so yes prices are on the rise. Consider yourself lucky for having these amazing cars for ~10 000 pounds.

Henrik 07 February 2019 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by mariodiniz21 (Post 12044052)
In Portugal where I live, you cannot buy a STI (2001-2005) in good condition for less than 30 000 pounds, so yes prices are on the rise. Consider yourself lucky for having these amazing cars for ~10 000 pounds.

Err... If it's that expensive, you could import one from somewhere else for a fraction of that cost, and you'd not even need to change lights etc if you stayed within the EU.

Henrik 07 February 2019 09:16 PM

Here are some for 10k and up, for example.
https://mobil.blocket.se/annonser/he...sti&sort=price

mariodiniz21 07 February 2019 10:02 PM

Only of it was that easy... Do you know how much it costs to import and registrate a STI with portuguese plates? 20 000 pounds!! This country is poor but still full of thieves, you cannot believe the amount of taxes we have in here, it is unbelieavable and in everything you earn, buy and sell. For your reference a brand new Golf R costs 52 000 pounds, but our minimum wage is 520 pounds.

Henrik 07 February 2019 11:29 PM

Holy crap, I thought you were joking or exaggerating, but http://info-aduaneiro.portaldasfinan...aq-isv-06.aspx says you're not. That's totally insane!

mariodiniz21 07 February 2019 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Henrik (Post 12044082)
Holy crap, I thought you were joking or exaggerating, but http://info-aduaneiro.portaldasfinan...aq-isv-06.aspx says you're not. That's totally insane!

Its insane and ilegal! But since the government earns so much money with it, the crime compensates and keep paying the tickets to the EU but keep this law. It is a sad country, we are drawning in taxes but still poorer each year.

Anyway, I had to pay 30 000 pounds to get one of these amazing machines which sound completely insane to you guys, but its still worth it.

s c o o b y 09 February 2019 07:06 AM

Hopefully the link will work

Facebook Post

s c o o b y 09 February 2019 07:07 AM

Facebook Post

s c o o b y 09 February 2019 07:10 AM

I take that as a no then lol well ones just come up on japanese Classics on Facebook for 10,995

s c o o b y 09 February 2019 10:09 AM

Oh it's working now :wonder: