ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Replica watch, best place to buy one ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1052824-replica-watch-best-place-to-buy-one.html)

The Joshua Tree 15 February 2018 12:10 PM

Replica watch, best place to buy one ?

Their is a genuine reason why i want to buy a replica watch, i want to see how it looks and feels on the wrist before committing to buying the real one.

I appreciate the quality differences, and it's a copy etc but it will give me a good idea of the look. It's not like you can go into a leading high end watch retailer and ask if you can borrow one for a couple of months just to see how it looks, they'd just burst out laughing.

I'm after a good quality one, and a reliable place to buy one from where some of you may have bought replicas from in the past. I'd use it as a spare after buying the genuine one to wear in places where im not bothered if it gets the odd scratch etc.

Cheers

Dave Y 15 February 2018 12:41 PM

Fuengorola beach,there are plenty of salesmen about

The Joshua Tree 15 February 2018 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Y (Post 11995525)
Fuengorola beach,there are plenty of salesmen about

Where's that, is it anywhere near Wigan ?

Devildog 15 February 2018 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by The Joshua Tree (Post 11995518)
Their is a genuine reason why i want to buy a replica watch, i want to see how it looks and feels on the wrist before committing to buying the real one.

I appreciate the quality differences, and it's a copy etc but it will give me a good idea of the look. It's not like you can go into a leading high end watch retailer and ask if you can borrow one for a couple of months just to see how it looks, they'd just burst out laughing.

I'm after a good quality one, and a reliable place to buy one from where some of you may have bought replicas from in the past. I'd use it as a spare after buying the genuine one to wear in places where im not bothered if it gets the odd scratch etc.

Cheers

A "good quality one" will cost you a good few hundered quid online and is not always simple case of add to cart and pay.

You are effectively buying counterfeit goods. Whilst its not illegal in the UK to buy them and own them, it is illegal to sell them (hence all the websites will be outwith the European union) and if the fake gets caught in customs it will be impounded. Or customs will think its real and you'll get hit for 20% VAT on the price of a real one (or at worst you get done for VAT fraud)

Want to chance it? No, didn't think so.

You can buy them here - and I've seen some exceptional fakes - but its a bit of a hike.

http://www.mbk-center.co.th/

And all over south east asia

What are you after?

stilover 15 February 2018 03:59 PM

Hang around a motorway service station long enough, and a nice man who's just come back from a watch convention will be able to sell you a genuine Rolex for just a few hundred quid, as he need to get rid of them quick.

Cheap and genuine. What more could you want?

Dave Y 15 February 2018 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 11995567)
Hang around a motorway service station long enough, and a nice man who's just come back from a watch convention will be able to sell you a genuine Rolex for just a few hundred quid, as he need to get rid of them quick.

Cheap and genuine. What more could you want?

i have met that man. :cry:

CharlySkunkWeed 15 February 2018 06:24 PM

Www.trustytime.store.

daz1968 15 February 2018 06:39 PM

You get loads on Facebook market place,

scunnered 15 February 2018 11:07 PM

You can find all you need to know about trusted dealer sites and the "fake" fake watch sites by registering on either Repgeek or RWG.

The Joshua Tree 16 February 2018 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Devildog (Post 11995536)
What are you after?

I like the look of the Hublot Big Bang models, i'm not 100% sure which model yet. The watches which people seem to normally choose are the more poplar names like Rolex, Breitling, Panerai and Omega etc. I just wanted to be a bit different if i go down that route and i like the look of the Hublot watches.

Dave Y 16 February 2018 03:31 PM

There used to be a fella on here that used to customise watches.
They looked pretty good if I remember correctly.
Someone might remember him.

The fellas name was Mslorach. He hasn't been on for a while,I am sure he used to have a website.

lozgti1 16 February 2018 06:43 PM

I bought an A langhe & Sohne, and an Omega Man on the moon speedmaster replicas.

Dropped the first one. Never worked since. The 'Omega' has been great and highly accurate for about 2 years now!

My view,they are pretty amazing what these fakers do but it might not last you long (though I know that's not why you want one!)

gpssti4 17 February 2018 01:25 PM

There are four main replica watch forums including RWG.cc where you will find a list of trusted websites where you can buy replica watches. Do not google sellers like putetime, trusty time etc as there are loads of ‘fake’ sites of replica dealers (oh the irony!) who will take your money and not deliver a watch.