ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wanted (https://www.scoobynet.com/wanted-18/)
-   -   Subaru Impreza GC8 struts any condition (https://www.scoobynet.com/wanted-18/1052419-subaru-impreza-gc8-struts-any-condition.html)

jaygsi 30 January 2018 12:45 AM

Subaru Impreza GC8 struts any condition

My mate needs some Subaru Impreza GC8 struts any condition. As he's planning on rebuilding them. Struts need to be solid. But doesn't matter if leaking etc thanks

Harris classic 06 February 2018 05:26 PM

I've got some bilsteins I've removed off my classic. Will grab some pictures later. Removed because of play.

jaygsi 08 February 2018 11:08 PM

Ok cheers think he was after standard shocks not sure if it makes any difference though.

Harris classic 09 February 2018 08:50 AM

Will get some pics tonight. Then you can let me know. Will throw them on me scrap pile otherwise.

jaygsi 09 February 2018 08:11 PM

That's great bud. Will let my mate know thanks.

Jonny Cut Corners 09 February 2018 11:31 PM

I've got a set of 4 stock struts and springs from a MY99 in the garage loft.
No leaks and were in working condition when taken off.
Only removed because of an upgrade to coilover on the trackcar.

I'll post picks tomorrow

jaygsi 09 February 2018 11:43 PM

Ok cheers. Condition not a problem as long as not rusted badly. As there going to have Koni inserts and refurbished. Thanks

Originally Posted by Jonny Cut Corners
I've got a set of 4 stock struts and springs from a MY99 in the garage loft.
No leaks and were in working condition when taken off.
Only removed because of an upgrade to coilover on the trackcar.

I'll post picks tomorrow

Harris classic 11 February 2018 12:25 PM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...376cd7c7c1.jpg

ossett2k2 11 February 2018 03:09 PM

I've got some that came off my v3sti,they've got tein springs (lowered) and caster/camber whiteline front top mounts,would probably need collecting due to weight,£180 for full set up.

jaygsi 12 February 2018 11:48 PM

Cheers Harris my mate should be contacting you asap.

Originally Posted by Harris classic (Post 11994659)

Martianwrx 21 February 2018 04:55 PM

Thanks Jay, ive spoken to Harris classic and am buying his.

2pot 21 February 2018 05:08 PM

Koni inserts won't fit in inverted struts - well not without a lot of extra work, compared to non-inverted struts. Get non-inverted struts as the donors.

Martianwrx 22 February 2018 04:37 PM

Ahh your kidding me! I thought these were non inverted struts as they were from an old wrx not an sti.

I need to look at some pictures to tell the difference i think.

Thanks 2pot, saved the day again lol.

2pot 22 February 2018 05:07 PM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...24a29555bb.jpg

KYB inverted struts have a 39mm dia damper rod.
Bilstein inverted have a 40mm dia damper rod.
Non-inverted damper rods are 22mm dia.

jaygsi 23 February 2018 12:21 PM

Ah so what model is he best getting them off? If anyone has any? Thanks

2pot 23 February 2018 05:46 PM

Any 92-00 classic saloon or wagon.
But, not the v5sti or v6sti which are inverted struts.
Not Bilstein which are also inverted.

KYB Excel-G, for a classic, would also be OK.

jaygsi 23 February 2018 11:43 PM

There you go Mart. Cheers for info 2pot.

Originally Posted by 2pot
Any 92-00 classic saloon or wagon.
But, not the v5sti or v6sti which are inverted struts.
Not Bilstein which are also inverted.

KYB Excel-G, for a classic, would also be OK.

ossett2k2 24 February 2018 12:29 PM

I could remove the springs and top mounts and sell the v3 struts separate,still be heavy to post tho.

ossett2k2 25 February 2018 04:30 PM

Pics as requested.
I was considering restoring these and putting them back on,I'm still unsure about the coilovers:wonder:

Don't know what make they are,would there be markings/numbers anywhere?

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...51af7eb605.jpg

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...f824232c89.jpg

Martianwrx 25 February 2018 07:51 PM

Thanks mate.
Depending on what your price range is, koni adjustables come pretty highly recommended and better than coilovers for everyday driving. Especially B road twisties.
2pot also has P11L springs and bumpstops for sale. The combo should be very good!
You will need some struts for the Koni inserts though lol.

I dont need the springs, and am unsure about the whitelline top mounts.
I believe the struts are correct based off of what 2pot said.
Have a think about what you would like for them, and have a think about what you want from your setup, maybe have a chat with 2pot. The guy is a fountain of knowledge, really helped me out!
If you want to keep them, no worries, im in no rush. I have an insane month during march, im away nearly every weekend. When Im ready I can always phone a scrappy if another set hasn't turned up here.

ossett2k2 25 February 2018 08:29 PM

No worries,I'll probably end up keeping the coilovers just need setting up I think.

I'll get myself a spring tool and strip the struts,not sure on value,wouldn't want much for them.
Give me a shout after March.

Martianwrx 25 February 2018 10:35 PM

Cheers mate!

Hope you get your coilovers setup how you want.
Pm me a price when you know and we can arrange something.

jaygsi 27 February 2018 01:03 PM

Bttt

jaygsi 02 April 2018 09:05 PM

All sorted now, Mart got some of Rich. Thanks everyone for your posts.

ossett2k2 02 April 2018 09:57 PM

Thouroghly nice bloke and was a pleasure to me Martian,good mate you got there jay.
Nice wagon sounded sweet,,,god dam I miss that burble :(

jaygsi 02 April 2018 11:36 PM

Yeah he's a good lad. Gave me a lift on his way home. What's happened now Rich not another engine :eek:

ossett2k2 02 April 2018 11:50 PM

No jay engine is still running sweet,I might build a 2.1 stroker or go for a new ej207 tho before I put it back on the road,and got loads of parts to fit and the coilovers to set up,a cheap runabout came up so decided to put the Scooby under a cover until the warm weather gets here :thumb:

jaygsi 03 April 2018 12:59 AM

You've finally joined the club :thumb:

Problem is you do all the work in the summer, then winter comes and it goes back in the garage.

Mines got a long list of jobs that need doing to, just removed rear lights today going start rust removal and deep clean. Put it back in the garage weather is rubbish.

Marts Impreza has been half way around the country this weekend.

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 12003630)
No jay engine is still running sweet,I might build a 2.1 stroker or go for a new ej207 tho before I put it back on the road,and got loads of parts to fit and the coilovers to set up,a cheap runabout came up so decided to put the Scooby under a cover until the warm weather gets here :thumb:

ossett2k2 03 April 2018 01:45 AM

Haha i dont wont to be in the club,I'm driving about in a c3 diesel :facepalm: only been 2 month but I miss the Scooby so much! Had imprezas as my daily for over 10 years now.

Martianwrx 05 April 2018 12:15 AM

It was really nice to meet you Rich, wish i had more time to chat but it took me longer to get to you than i thought due to the weather and road closures. I was aware you had a night shift starting in a few hours and wanted to let you chill before leaving for work.
Cars are meant for driving! On that we agree Rich :thumb: I see no point in having the car of your dreams and keeping it in a garage :cuckoo:
Its still going to rust and pipes corrode, parts get old in a different way than a daily driver but they still age. Enjoy it while you can!
I have just ordered a spring removal tool, wire wheels for the drill, rust converter with primer and diamond black paint, chip resistant stuff apparently. Either this or next weekend will be set aside for refurbing the struts and fitting the konis. I'm looking forward to it.
It's the ESL stuff i would be more afraid of messing with, I could cook my engine :freak3: something is not right though.
Thanks for the sale!