ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Greatest car ever built.Since day one of cars (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/1051882-greatest-car-ever-built-since-day-one-of-cars.html)

lozgti1 30 December 2017 10:29 PM

Greatest car ever built.Since day one of cars

Would have said the Dodge Viper till now (yep we all have opinions.lol)

Till I saw Clarkson take the Chiron for a spin.

Hats off Bugatti. You are winning since cars began. IMHO.lol :D

Pross 30 December 2017 10:37 PM

Love the Bugatti attention to detail.

Peedee 30 December 2017 11:43 PM

I think you’d have to define ‘greatest’. The Chiron is indeed rapid, but has already been beaten by Koenigsegg, so if you mean greatest as ‘fastest’, then I’m afraid it’s not the Chiron. The greatest car would probably be the best all-rounder, which would take into account practicality, fuel consumption, performance etc etc, in which case, it would no doubt be something utterly boring like a 5 series LOL!!

If we’re talking about what we personally think is the greatest car I.e the car we would most like to own, for me it would the Mercedes / Mclaren SLR 722.

ditchmyster 31 December 2017 04:14 AM

Well both of those should be something special considering they're a million quid :lol1:

But actually you're both wrong, greatest car ever was the Ford model T, 2nd was the VW Beetle and 3rd is my Renault 4 :lol1: ... out of those 3 I have to say the Renault wins in practicality, versatility and fuel consumption is pretty good too, also cracks 70mph... Just :lol1: which is something the model T can't do and beats the Beetle hands down on practicality. :D

Love the Merc SLR, that would be my choice if my numbers came up. :cool:

Tidgy 31 December 2017 02:18 PM

Mclaren F1, the god father of all modern super/hypercars

RS_Matt 31 December 2017 04:21 PM

Obviously on here I say the WRX V-limited is the best car ever made but to friends, family etc I always say the Subaru Impreza WRX STi SPEC C Type RA-R is the greatest car ever made.

Based on many factors inc reliability, impressive looks, relatively affordable forecourt price and possible appreciation, decent fuel consumption, 4x4, boot space, 4 doors, cheapish attainable parts, insanely strong gearbox and highly tune-able engine, ability to handle well on a variety of roads, good brakes, fairly lightweight for what it is.

With just a few grand thrown at it I can't imagine any stock car could live with it on a wet UK back road...

Peedee 31 December 2017 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by RS_Matt (Post 11986549)
Obviously on here I say the WRX V-limited is the best car ever made but to friends, family etc I always say the Subaru Impreza WRX STi SPEC C Type RA-R is the greatest car ever made.

Based on many factors inc reliability, impressive looks, relatively affordable forecourt price and possible appreciation, decent fuel consumption, 4x4, boot space, 4 doors, cheapish attainable parts, insanely strong gearbox and highly tune-able engine, ability to handle well on a variety of roads, good brakes, fairly lightweight for what it is.

With just a few grand thrown at it I can't imagine any stock car could live with it on a wet UK back road...

I would disagree. It’s not economical and the ride is very harsh, not great for our pothole ridden roads.

RAGGY DOO 31 December 2017 06:37 PM

f40 -the end

joz8968 31 December 2017 06:44 PM

McLaren F1 LM. In McLaren Orange.

Ex-Works Gp.A Integrale Evo.

:luvlove:

gazzawrx 31 December 2017 07:22 PM

Group b quattro or the 6r4 for me:thumb:

stevebt 03 January 2018 06:14 PM

If you were to pick the best car ever I doubt any cars of the last 20 rears would be in it, the most expensive car in the world are old classics.

Scrappy9 13 January 2018 04:45 PM

E type Jaguar does it for me, although a Ferrari Daytona would be acceptable.

alcazar 13 January 2018 06:11 PM

Ford RS200 for me.