ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   F11 530d (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/1051872-f11-530d.html)

tarmac terror 29 December 2017 11:40 PM

F11 530d

Been searching around for a good low mileage 530d for around 6 months. Found one over the Christmas holidays and pulled the trigger on it this afternoon.

Lovely drive home from the dealer this evening, very smooth, effortless and quiet. So the obvious question is to map, or not to map!!!! is 560Nm torque enough for now?

johned 30 December 2017 12:20 PM

Enjoy.

john banks 30 December 2017 01:56 PM

You probably noticed but in the last month many port flashing options have come out for these whereas most F series needed ECU removal and opening previously.

Dingdongler 30 December 2017 08:48 PM

I hope the f11 drives better than my previous f10. I had a 535d 'Motor Sport' and it was without a shadow of a doubt the most flawed car I have ever owned.

It was one of the very few cars I bought brand new. Beautiful interior, tech etc but had the worst suspension set up ever, almost undriveable half the time.

I genuinely hope the f11 isn't the same

lozgti1 30 December 2017 10:30 PM

Nice one! Year? Mileage?

tarmac terror 31 December 2017 09:42 PM

@Loz - 2014, 40K miles

Will stick some pictures up when I get it cleaned - been having fun putting some miles on it, and letting my good lady get the hang of it.

lozgti1 31 December 2017 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by tarmac terror (Post 11986621)
@Loz - 2014, 40K miles

Will stick some pictures up when I get it cleaned - been having fun putting some miles on it, and letting my good lady get the hang of it.

Not even run in then :thumb:

Yes post some pics. And don't let the missus get too comfy.lol

tarmac terror 31 December 2017 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dingdongler (Post 11986428)
I hope the f11 drives better than my previous f10. I had a 535d 'Motor Sport' and it was without a shadow of a doubt the most flawed car I have ever owned.

It was one of the very few cars I bought brand new. Beautiful interior, tech etc but had the worst suspension set up ever, almost undriveable half the time.

I genuinely hope the f11 isn't the same

How do you mean flawed - unreliable / troublesome or just the suspension setup?

Dingdongler 03 January 2018 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by tarmac terror (Post 11986628)
How do you mean flawed - unreliable / troublesome or just the suspension setup?

Hi

Not unreliable at all.

What I meant was that the suspension set up was the worst I've ever experienced. The car would literally wobble and feel like it was about to lose control if it hit a pothole at 20 mph.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that it felt dangerous and undriveable 90% of the time. I was flabbergasted that BMW road tested this car and thought that it was acceptable.

And I hear that BMW has continued to do this. Internet is full of people complaining that their 3 series x drive cars have a similarly flawed suspension set up.

Anyway, I hope that your model is one of the good ones

Croney 03 January 2018 07:00 PM

My 2010 F10 530d SE had always handled superb, although I had to replace bottom wishbones, inner and outer track rod and a four wheel alignment and i think the springs + dampers are starting to go a bit soggy if your on a small B road. I Bought it at with 60k miles and its now at 105k.
It has had a lot replaced but I do drive 20 miles of twisty bumpy B roads on my commute and 30 on the motorway, I'v wondered before if the SE actually handles better than the stiffer Msport