ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Anyone any experience with Impreza 2.0RX hatch (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1051822-anyone-any-experience-with-impreza-2-0rx-hatch.html)

jaygsi 26 December 2017 01:26 AM

Anyone any experience with Impreza 2.0RX hatch

Just looking for a new daily driver, had a newage Impreza NA, and even though a good solid car, lacked space inside, and could do with a tad more power.

Just wondering what the hatch had to offer, not keen on them as never been a fan, look boring, and there's loads better hatches out there, but want AWD and a tad more power than the newage's 128bhp.

All comments welcome.

The Trooper 1815 26 December 2017 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11985792)
Just looking for a new daily driver, had a newage Impreza NA, and even though a good solid car, lacked space inside, and could do with a tad more power.

Just wondering what the hatch had to offer, not keen on them as never been a fan, look boring, and there's loads better hatches out there, but want AWD and a tad more power than the newage's 128bhp.

All comments welcome.

A Suzuki Jimny would be more fun.

jaygsi 26 December 2017 10:29 AM

Aren't they those tiny little 4x4 things.

The Trooper 1815 26 December 2017 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11985805)
Aren't they those tiny little 4x4 things.

Yep. Just like a WRX R. But an old HRV, Vitara or Rav 4 would be just as if not more capable than a NA WRX Hatch.

jaygsi 26 December 2017 05:59 PM

Too small want 5 door aswell. Thanks

The Trooper 1815 26 December 2017 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11985852)
Too small want 5 door aswell. Thanks

So a 5 door Vitara or Rav4 are both bigger than an NA Hatch.
Look it up.

jaygsi 27 December 2017 11:34 AM

Not what I'm looking for. Has to be petrol and not an off roader. Looking for a car. As I would have bought an L200 Warrior.

jaygsi 27 December 2017 07:11 PM

Wow 28-25mpg is poor, My turbo does that. Unfortantly I don't want another wagon, I have a wagon already, and space is pants. Just prefer hatch or saloon.

But wanted to know about space and power. Think hatch has less power than hawkeye.

Not keen on wagon, think it's also because there's no separation from cabin and boot.

Hatch WRX 28 December 2017 02:28 PM

Not had the RX Hatch but did have a WRX Hatch as a daily.
Was a really nice motor.
Converted me to the shape!
I also had a Blobeye Wagon.
Predictably the mpg is rubbish at 25mpg...and a LCD display on the dash to remind you!? (...why fit an mpg readout meter to a Subaru?!)
You can pick up low mileage ones for good money as they never really became desireable.
Performance is not bad either, you do have 225hp under the hood of a daily hatch back afterall!

jaygsi 28 December 2017 11:05 PM

Ok cheers, hence why sticking to non turbo. Not interested in the 2.5 engine.

Didn't know they did a convertible hatch.

Originally Posted by Hatch WRX
Not had the RX Hatch but did have a WRX Hatch as a daily.
Was a really nice motor.
Converted me to the shape!
I also had a Blobeye Wagon.
Predictably the mpg is rubbish at 25mpg...and a LCD display on the dash to remind you!? (...why fit an mpg readout meter to a Subaru?!)
You can pick up low mileage ones for good money as they never really became desireable.
Performance is not bad either, you do have 225hp under the hood of a daily hatch back afterall!

jaygsi 30 December 2017 09:02 PM

Bttt

Matty81 31 December 2017 03:10 PM

Anything but a legacy. Not the most prettiest of cars.

jaygsi 31 December 2017 05:30 PM

I nearly bought a 2000 turbo Forster.

Originally Posted by Matty81
Anything but a legacy. Not the most prettiest of cars.

Matty81 01 January 2018 12:31 PM

I don’t mind a forester actually. They’ve grown on me mate

jaygsi 01 January 2018 09:40 PM

Yeah same here. Someone must have a 2.0 non turbo hatch on here?

Originally Posted by Matty81
I don’t mind a forester actually. They’ve grown on me mate

crazyspeedfreakz 03 January 2018 09:18 AM

Hi jay, what would you like to no ? My mate was recently in the market for a non turbo we ended up going to view a non turbo rx hatch in the midlands we managed to haggle abit on price and ended up driving it back, at the same time someone was breaking a turbo version hatch local to were we was buying the car so popped by and bought his turbo bonnet to fit as well.. it’s the 2ltr version and I fairly sure it’s was a rx... came with all coloured trims, bucket seats, sat nat unit with all controls on the steering wheel...

I no there are quite a few different veriations for the non turbo hatch but for the extra I would deco recomend the rx version

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...3ca9f15e8.jpeg

jaygsi 30 November 2019 01:00 AM

Sorry missed this, hows he got on with the car? It will just be a daily driver, i had a Vectra which was very practical, with abit of power. But no awd.

Originally Posted by crazyspeedfreakz (Post 11987041)
Hi jay, what would you like to no ? My mate was recently in the market for a non turbo we ended up going to view a non turbo rx hatch in the midlands we managed to haggle abit on price and ended up driving it back, at the same time someone was breaking a turbo version hatch local to were we was buying the car so popped by and bought his turbo bonnet to fit as well.. it’s the 2ltr version and I fairly sure it’s was a rx... came with all coloured trims, bucket seats, sat nat unit with all controls on the steering wheel...

I no there are quite a few different veriations for the non turbo hatch but for the extra I would deco recomend the rx version

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...3ca9f15e8.jpeg