ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Impreza bugeye sti kerb weight (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1051629-impreza-bugeye-sti-kerb-weight.html)

Wull 15 December 2017 09:07 AM

Impreza bugeye sti kerb weight

I’ve seen conflicting information on this and I’ve came to the conclusion that 1450kg is a fair assumption.....does that seem right?

SmurfyBhoy 15 December 2017 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Wull (Post 11983996)
I’ve seen conflicting information on this and I’ve came to the conclusion that 1450kg is a fair assumption.....does that seem right?

Also wondered this

Does thay 1450kg include fluids, oil, fuel, coolant.

Then you still to add a driver.

I would think most Uk newages roll dowm the road at over 1.5t

JDM_Stig 15 December 2017 09:38 AM

when I previously looked, I got 1440 kg, so your 1450 kg is bang on.

Wull 15 December 2017 10:00 AM

Yeah I’m sure kerb weight is fluids etc minus driver.

So with driver or most drivers it’ll be easily over the 1.5 ton mark.

I’m trying to suss out where I’ll be roughly for Super Lap Scotland next year which boils down to power to weight ratio. I’m going to try and keep the car within Class D which is 209/ton and below. I’m roughly @ 190/ton just now but it all depends on transmission losses as the calculations are taken for whp. It’s a total guessing game just now.

SmurfyBhoy 15 December 2017 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Wull (Post 11984007)
Yeah I’m sure kerb weight is fluids etc minus driver.

So with driver or most drivers it’ll be easily over the 1.5 ton mark.

I’m trying to suss out where I’ll be roughly for Super Lap Scotland next year which boils down to power to weight ratio. I’m going to try and keep the car within Class D which is 209/ton and below. I’m roughly @ 190/ton just now but it all depends on transmission losses as the calculations are taken for whp. It’s a total guessing game just now.

I think RA motorsport is the Base dyno for all cars in that series,

Could try a run there and you would know where you stand they also do the weighing

Wull 15 December 2017 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 11984011)
I think RA motorsport is the Base dyno for all cars in that series,

Could try a run there and you would know where you stand they also do the weighing

Yeah it is, I’ve had my Evo on their dyno and across the board the losses were 80bhp.

Financially speaking though I’m not wanting to do that especially when they’re super busy, it’ll probably be bad enough getting booked in just for the one run.

I’m thinking that @ 1.4bar I’ll make 400, so let’s say I lose 80 that gives me 210/ton, but the losses might not be as much as the 80. If it’s 10% loss then I’ll come in at roughly 236/ton.

It’s maybe a case of who cares and it is what it is, but Rory was telling me I’d be better trying to stay within Class D and being as competitive as possible. But there’s 25-30k M3 builds in that class so tbh I’m not that fussed. I’d rather be underpowered in Class C and be the underdog, no expectations, just the fun and ****s and gigs of it.

trevsjwood 15 December 2017 04:56 PM

My wagon with 6 speed gearbox and sti struts + half tank fuel weighed 1520kg on our local feed merchant weighbridge. Explains a bit why I struggle against STI's on the quarter if I'm giving them 70 or 80kg.
Trev

joe v3sti 15 December 2017 04:59 PM

Best bet get your car weighed accurately in race spec, fuel etc. Not on a weigh bridge but accuratly on corner scales. That will give you an idea where your at