ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   bov vs recirculating valve (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1051626-bov-vs-recirculating-valve.html)

Hawkins 1995 15 December 2017 06:23 AM

bov vs recirculating valve

Hi

I got a hks bov on my sti bug and wondering if it would be better to run with a recirculating valve and what benefits it would have over the bov. Any advice would be much appreciated

ZANY 15 December 2017 06:39 AM

If it ain’t broken don’t fix it as they say

Must have been mapped in if car is mapped / modified but if you don’t like it for the noise etc then go for the genuine recirculating item which will result in a much smoother drive etc plus’s all the way from my experience

You can also buy aftermarket recirculating bov’s aswell like turbosmart, Perri,forge or aps as I have on mine

imprezagaz 15 December 2017 06:02 PM

You can get the adaptor from sumo power to make your hks into a recirculating valve. Think around £22 plus delivery

Hawkins 1995 15 December 2017 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by imprezagaz (Post 11984085)
You can get the adaptor from sumo power to make your hks into a recirculating valve. Think around £22 plus delivery

ill have a look into that mate

jaygsi 18 December 2017 10:32 PM

Recirculating is meant to be better as it puts air back in the inlet which the engine is expecting to be there.

By using a dv this causes over fuelling, as air that's meant to be there isn't. So fuel gets dumped.

Over the years many members say this causes bore wash and will naff your engine. But saying that I see so many Impreza owners get there cars mapped with pops and bangs, which is basically over furling. Dumping unburnt fuel out of the exhaust, which in turn would have thought would also cause bore wash.

I'm sure someone more clued up could add to this.

The Trooper 1815 18 December 2017 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11984595)
Recirculating is meant to be better as it puts air back in the inlet which the engine is expecting to be there.

By using a dv this causes over fuelling, as air that's meant to be there isn't. So fuel gets dumped.

Over the years many members say this causes bore wash and will naff your engine. But saying that I see so many Impreza owners get there cars mapped with pops and bangs, which is basically over furling. Dumping unburnt fuel out of the exhaust, which in turn would have thought would also cause bore wash.

:facepalm:

Hawkins 1995 19 December 2017 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11984595)

cheers mate I've message the boy who mapped my car to see if it would mess with map by going back to recirculating and he said it would so going to stick with the bov for now

sunny1989 19 December 2017 09:13 AM

:lol1:

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11984602)
:facepalm:

iMook 19 December 2017 10:43 AM

There's zero performance advantage to a BOV over a recirc valve, but if you like the PSSSSSHHHHHTTTT then keep it like it is ;)