ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Member's Gallery (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/)
-   -   impreza number 3..........hawk sti (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/1051584-impreza-number-3-hawk-sti.html)

Midnight Runner 20 May 2019 05:52 AM

Liking the Blob lights - I have never personally been a fan of the standard UK Hawk ones - 100% win :thumb:

(correct thread this time :Suspiciou:D )

the shreksta 29 May 2019 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Midnight Runner (Post 12053146)
Liking the Blob lights - I have never personally been a fan of the standard UK Hawk ones - 100% win :thumb:

(correct thread this time :Suspiciou:D )

lol thanks mate

i was toying with the idea of slightly tinting them but to be honest i think it may ruin them so i am just going to keep them standard.

RobsyUK 29 May 2019 08:24 PM

@the shreksta did you resolve the gear stick rattle?

mines doing it grrrr

the shreksta 30 May 2019 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 12053988)
@the shreksta did you resolve the gear stick rattle?

mines doing it grrrr

Hi

No not yet, I have been looking at the Perrin lock out item aswell as some other stuff from the usa. I am also trying to decide which short shifter I am going to buy, I need to speak with alyn @ as performance as apparently he does a really good one.

I will send you a few links of the stuff I've been looking at, perhaps if we both order from USA at same time we share the postage cost etc

I will send them this afternoon mate

hedgecutter 30 May 2019 08:27 AM

Ask Alyn for his updated gear linkage Bush set; much cheaper than a short shifter, and recommend by an SN legend ( I think it was Frayz) as the best bang for buck mod ever.

the shreksta 30 May 2019 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by hedgecutter (Post 12054021)
Ask Alyn for his updated gear linkage Bush set; much cheaper than a short shifter, and recommend by an SN legend ( I think it was Frayz) as the best bang for buck mod ever.

ok buddy i will ask the question

RobsyUK 30 May 2019 02:40 PM

I’ve got this and it’s amazing. Heard you can have a short shifter with it which I wonder if I should have had it done at the same time.

Jon T 30 May 2019 05:07 PM

I have a set of these getting fitted on Monday.
You can get a perrin lock out Lever from scooby clinic I had mine from them

the shreksta 30 May 2019 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jon T (Post 12054110)
I have a set of these getting fitted on Monday.
You can get a perrin lock out Lever from scooby clinic I had mine from them

ok mate thanks for the info, did you go for a short shifter aswell?

Jon T 30 May 2019 05:13 PM

Not yet. Was going to fit a perrin one but still not sure.
I have been told by a couple of people that the go fast bits short shifter is the best

the shreksta 20 June 2019 07:26 PM

been over to thwaites today, nice to catch up with michael and mark as not been there since november. had an oil and filter change and mark said everything underneath was spot on no play in anything

happy days

Owen Cresswell 20 June 2019 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 12055328)
been over to thwaites today, nice to catch up with michael and mark as not been there since november. had an oil and filter change and mark said everything underneath was spot on no play in anything

happy days

Find you knocking noise mate :norty:

the shreksta 20 June 2019 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Owen Cresswell (Post 12055329)
Find you knocking noise mate :norty:

Must have been in my head mate lol

Absolutely nothing wrong underneath at all which is good.

Owen Cresswell 20 June 2019 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 12055330)
Must have been in my head mate lol

Absolutely nothing wrong underneath at all which is good.

Haha that’s good then. I’m always thinking I can hear a new noise lol

sonic93 20 June 2019 10:41 PM

Power steering sorted out now to?

the shreksta 21 June 2019 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by sonic93 (Post 12055345)
Power steering sorted out now to?

yeah i sucked out old fluid and replaced with new fluid and it seems fine, mark checked out the pump etc and there was no leaks so probably just ****e old fluid

Markyscoob 24 June 2019 06:24 PM

I think I have that problem as well with my steering. Will try replacing the fluid.

the shreksta 22 September 2019 05:31 PM

so ive hardly used the car in the last 3-4 months and its looking a little neglected so i have a few things in store for her

-ive noticed some surface rust on the lower part of the N/S arch as the plastic stone guard is missing so its going to a local body shop to have that sorted along with having the other side removed to check condition under there and also im having the skirts/wide-track arch add-on's removed to see if anything nasty is lurking under there aswell and if so get it sorted. also they will be painting my front bumper as somebody has scuffed it in a car park i think and some new side skirt black seals will be ordered as mine are rippled and look a little odd.

- i need to get my spare key coded to the car @ subaru in leicester

-there is a slight wobble between 70 mph and 80 mph (im guessing discs but hope not as they have only done around 2000 miles) i will be getting all 4 wheels balanced to rule those out 1st.

-i have a broken t-piece in my boost pipe (not sure of correct name) so i need to get some genuine parts ordered to rectify this

-the gear change is a little sloppy and my reverse lockout lever is rattling its tits off so im going to order the kartboy kit along with a new gearknob (maybe rcm/scoobyworld)

-wheel nuts are looking rather poor so some muteki ones will be sourced

-really would like to get the underside treated aswell maybe a visit to scoobyclinic for this

any advice regarding the above or recommendations?

cheers

the shreksta 05 May 2020 03:40 PM

so a little update on my car......

had it on thwaites dyno for a health check/power run and it made a strong healthy 354bhp + 400ftlbs. whilst it was there i had a speed signal sensor changed and some new murray clamps installed on my fmic pipework.

now the negative..........i hit a badger on the way to work @ around 50mph and its cracked my front bumper,broken my bonnet mechanism and put a split in my rad. ive had a new genuine rad fitted and a second hand bonnet latch fitted so now i need to get the bodywork done once this lockdown **** is over. the rust spots on the arch lip need addressing before they get worse and i now need my bumper plastic-welded and repainted.

the plan was to get her ready for sale as i was a gnats knacker away from financing a bmw f10 m5 but with this virus pandemic ive had to scrap that plan so the impreza is staying along with my jeep and the mrs is keeping her civic.
will add pics of the bumper tomorrow
heres the dyno graph
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...5ad4e60bfa.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...436cb56f29.jpg

stonejedi 05 May 2020 03:50 PM

Changing my intercooler clamps is on my to do list!...As frankly I'm pretty fed up with the ones that i have fitted at present blowing off under boost all the time:brickwallNice figures though Shrek:thumb:.SJ.

the shreksta 05 May 2020 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by stonejedi (Post 12079922)
Changing my intercooler clamps is on my to do list!...As frankly I'm pretty fed up with the ones that i have fitted at present blowing off under boost all the time:brickwallNice figures though Shrek:thumb:.SJ.

yes its a bitch when they blow off and leave you stranded. i got mine from alyn @ as performance buddy............top service.
yeah good figures but no way near enough lol

stonejedi 05 May 2020 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 12079923)
yes its a bitch when they blow off and leave you stranded. i got mine from alyn @ as performance buddy............top service.
yeah good figures but no way near enough lol

Cheers for that shrek will give Alyn a ring;)...Remember mate Rome was not built in a day!She will Get exactly where you want her in the end mate:).SJ.

the shreksta 05 May 2020 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by stonejedi (Post 12079924)
Cheers for that shrek will give Alyn a ring;)...Remember mate Rome was not built in a day!She will Get exactly where you want her in the end mate:).SJ.

i just cant stop thinking about a bloody m5...................gggrrrrrr.

Dave Y 05 May 2020 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 12079925)
i just cant stop thinking about a bloody m5...................gggrrrrrr.

Your not thinking of selling are you ??:)

the shreksta 05 May 2020 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Y (Post 12079928)
Your not thinking of selling are you ??:)

mate you wouldnt believe how close i was to selling. we had been paying for our wedding for over a year and my mrs said to not get a new car until after the wedding which is fair enough. a week after the wedding i was actually in my car on my drive ready to go and put a deposit on a 2016 comp pack f10 m5 15 miles from my house @ tamworth bmw but something in my head told me not to do it and i couldnt go ahead with it. then a few weeks later all this virus **** got serious so its a bloody good job really.

as much as i would love an m5 its not the right time to go and spunk £35k on a new car, the economy could become quite unstable in the coming months so my impreza is staying for the time being. obviously if somebody offered me keen money then yeah i would part with it but other than that its stopping.

Kaosone 07 May 2020 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 12079916)
I hit a badger on the way to work @ around 50mph and its cracked my front bumper

You don’t seem to have much luck with front bumpers, had it been repaired from the carpark scuff?

the shreksta 07 May 2020 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Kaosone (Post 12080124)
You don’t seem to have much luck with front bumpers, had it been repaired from the carpark scuff?

I think I'm allergic to front bumpers lol
So far I've had it resprayed to freshen up the front end
then I had to have it done again as a pressure washer blew a piece of the paint off and now I have to do it again because bodger the frecking badger decided to run out in front of it.

the shreksta 30 May 2020 06:26 PM

small update.......

car is booked in for the front end respray along with a headlight polish and rear arch treatment, booked in on the 15th june. cant wait to get her back to her former glory.