ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Playstation VR (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/1051363-playstation-vr.html)

Torquemada 29 November 2017 02:52 PM

Playstation VR

Anybody gone and got it?

I went and got a PS4 and the VR stuff the other week.

Got Skyrim VR, that Startrek one (not played it yet) and some stuff that came with it. Batman is pretty awesome, short game but being able to be Batman is pretty cool! :)

Would be good to see VR come to Xbox too, as I do prefer the interface and community feel to the Xbox stuff.

BlkKnight 29 November 2017 03:09 PM

I've a VIVE and to be honest it kicks ass.

No real killer game for it yet - most tend to be railshooter / wave shooter.

Saying that Elite Dangerous and Project cars are pretty awesome.

Looking forward to Doom VFR (on sale @ Amazon)

Torquemada 29 November 2017 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by BlkKnight (Post 11980898)
I've a VIVE and to be honest it kicks ass.

No real killer game for it yet - most tend to be railshooter / wave shooter.

Saying that Elite Dangerous and Project cars are pretty awesome.

Looking forward to Doom VFR (on sale @ Amazon)

Very cool. Friend of mine in the UK has the Vive and my bro had a go on it, says it's great. I played with the idea of Vive or Oculus but just fancied the accessibility of the PSVR, although I know Vive/Oculus is definitely better.

Yeah, I like the look of Doom VR as well - heard great things about Project Cars. Was thinking of trying out GT on the PS, but I'd better actually put some time into the games I have first as my kid is only 3 months old and takes up most of our free time - plus the wife would actually murder me.

Elite Dangerous seems great as well.

One I waa thinking of trying out on VR is Resident Evil but I have that on the Xbox One already, might have to wait til it is a bit cheaper. Having played a bit of Until Dawn (and having a few 'nope" moments), I fancy having the bejesus scared out of me :)

BlkKnight 29 November 2017 03:41 PM

My brother has the PSVR and enjoys it. He plays GT.

I've not tried it yet so can't comment on the differences.

Torquemada 29 November 2017 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by BlkKnight (Post 11980905)
My brother has the PSVR and enjoys it. He plays GT.

I've not tried it yet so can't comment on the differences.

Yeah, it's probably less good visually but I ain't payed Vive or Oculus, so I'm in the same boat!

Whatever the case is, it is a lot better than VR from the 90's! Wanted VR since then but I'm disappointed at no 'Lawnmower Man' stuff :lol1:

Torquemada 29 November 2017 03:48 PM

played a couple of things that also nearly made me fall on my face.

I've not had any issues with it but has t ever made you feel sick or anything?

Matty81 29 November 2017 03:59 PM

Buy resident evil for the vr. By far the best game for it yet and far point.

Torquemada 29 November 2017 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Matty81 (Post 11980912)
Buy resident evil for the vr. By far the best game for it yet and far point.

OK, that sounds like a pretty good recommendation - Next purchase in my sights! :)

Matty81 29 November 2017 05:03 PM

What’s Skyrim like ? I love the elder scrolls games and I’m currently playing elder scrolls online. You have to buy the gun with farpoint aswell, very are selling gun and game for £50 at the moment.

BlkKnight 29 November 2017 05:11 PM

I have never had motion sickness with the Vive and I can play comfortably hours on end.

My brother gets occasional motion sickness in game on the PSVR.

JackClark 29 November 2017 05:17 PM

Not a ****ing chance I'd play Resident Evil in VR. Not worth the charge in the defibrillator.

Is Steep in VR? Played that for an hour last week, really liked it.

Torquemada 29 November 2017 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Matty81 (Post 11980939)
What’s Skyrim like ? I love the elder scrolls games and I’m currently playing elder scrolls online. You have to buy the gun with farpoint aswell, very are selling gun and game for £50 at the moment.

I like Skyrim, so far. It's not as graphically impressive as the non vr one of course but it's pretty cool and swinging an axe or sword around and casting spells at peeps and being able to move around freely (although via teleportation) is cool in such a big world.

Not looked at farpoint and we don't have Very, here afaik but maybe i'll check it out at Bestbuy, down the line.

Torquemada 29 November 2017 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by BlkKnight (Post 11980946)
I have never had motion sickness with the Vive and I can play comfortably hours on end.

My brother gets occasional motion sickness in game on the PSVR.

cool, knock on wood i'll be ok. Hopefully it's just something that not everyone experiences.

I could see how a driving game could mess with you, though.

Torquemada 29 November 2017 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11980953)
Not a ****ing chance I'd play Resident Evil in VR. Not worth the charge in the defibrillator.

Is Steep in VR? Played that for an hour last week, really liked it.

Hahaha! Yeah, I can imagine I am going to sh1t myself at Resident Evil in VR. I get scared enough on the standard version! :lol1:

Don't think Steep is coming to VR, afaik.

JackClark 29 November 2017 06:56 PM

Google Earth is stunning.

Torquemada 29 November 2017 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11980991)
Google Earth is stunning.

I've got to get more into the other VR things available. There are alsorts of things like climbing everest or something and a bunch of other things that seem amazing.

Don't think Google Earth is available on PSVR though, is it? :(

JackClark 29 November 2017 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Torquemada (Post 11980997)
I've got to get more into the other VR things available. There are alsorts of things like climbing everest or something and a bunch of other things that seem amazing.

Don't think Google Earth is available on PSVR though, is it? :(

Maybe not, mate bored me with how good his kit was, Google Earth got me, I’ve been a fan since Keyhole, but it’s not something I’d wear for too long.

Matty81 29 November 2017 08:09 PM

Resident evil is scary (especially with headphones in) but it’s worth it, it’s superb!

Torquemada 29 November 2017 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Matty81 (Post 11981014)
Resident evil is scary (especially with headphones in) but it’s worth it, it’s superb!

Now I really want to play that. Have you tried Until Dawn?

Matty81 29 November 2017 08:36 PM

Yeah I’ve got until dawn. Enjoyed that as well, short game and controls are fiddly but it’s worth the money

Torquemada 29 November 2017 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Matty81 (Post 11981018)
Yeah I’ve got until dawn. Enjoyed that as well, short game and controls are fiddly but it’s worth the money

Cool. The VR version, Rush of Blood?

Also, I kinda like watching films in VR. Hardcore Henry is pretty cool to re-watch on VR.

Matty81 29 November 2017 08:57 PM

Yeah mate that’s it

Torquemada 29 November 2017 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Matty81 (Post 11981024)
Yeah mate that’s it

Cool, thanks.

OK, well, wife is off out later with the baby, time for a bit of Skyrim.

Brun 30 November 2017 07:46 AM

Can only imagine what GTA would be like in VR :D

BlkKnight 30 November 2017 08:55 AM

Arizona Sunshine is great, not sure if available on PSVR

boggissimo 01 December 2017 11:26 AM

I've just got a Logitech Wheel and a Playseat to play Gran Turismo Sport. Would love to get PSVR as well, but another few hundred on toys for me would not go down well!

Torquemada 01 December 2017 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by BlkKnight (Post 11981070)
Arizona Sunshine is great, not sure if available on PSVR

It looks pretty cool...and it is!

ffs, this is gonna get really expensive :lol1:

Torquemada 01 December 2017 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Brun (Post 11981061)
Can only imagine what GTA would be like in VR :D

That would be SOOOOO cool. I don't know if they will make it compantible, though.

Torquemada 01 December 2017 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by boggissimo (Post 11981258)
I've just got a Logitech Wheel and a Playseat to play Gran Turismo Sport. Would love to get PSVR as well, but another few hundred on toys for me would not go down well!

I've got the wheel and the pedals n stuff but not a seat or the game - at some point I must change that :)

Torquemada 01 December 2017 05:30 PM

I want Fallout4 whenever that comes out on platforms outside of just PC.