ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   XBOX one X question (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/1050703-xbox-one-x-question.html)

Peedee 24 October 2017 11:04 AM

XBOX one X question

Hey folks,

So, a quick question for all you console guru's. I know that all Xbox one games will play on the One X, and I know that certain games (Forza 7 etc) are specifically uprated when played on the One X. However, I would like to know if performance on other games is increased, i.e increased draw distance, frame rates etc. For example, games like GTA 5, Just cause 3 etc. These games are not on the 'enhanced' list so to speak, so will not run in 4k, but is their performance increased at all? I'm struggling to find an answer.

Thanks!

Mr Fuji 24 October 2017 11:47 AM

Even if games aren’t Xbox One X Enhanced, Microsoft is promising that some older titles should still run better regardless. You should get better texture quality, improved framerates and resolutions, depending on how the game was built.
So yes, but depends on how they were built, whatever that means.

But, does it really matter? If you want 4K gaming, I imagine you will get one anyway, and then it's a moot point, as once your shiny new box is in place, you will simply box the old one up, forcing you to play them on the new one regardless ;)

Peedee 24 October 2017 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Fuji (Post 11973622)
So yes, but depends on how they were built, whatever that means.

But, does it really matter? If you want 4K gaming, I imagine you will get one anyway, and then it's a moot point, as once your shiny new box is in place, you will simply box the old one up, forcing you to play them on the new one regardless ;)

I would imagine that some games are made with built in parameters, for example, the frame rate will be set to a maximum of 35FPS and will physically not go any higher on that console, for whatever reason. But thanks, that's good to know. I only ask as I love certain games such as Just Cause 3 and GTA5, which struggle sometimes on my Xbox one. Just cause 3 occasionally gets to the point where its almost unplayable when there's a lot happening on the screen, presumably because the Xbox One just isn't powerful enough to run such a complex game without other factors being turned down (frame rate, resolution etc.). But I get your point....I have one on pre-order so regardless, the old Xbox one will be boxed up (to be honest, it struggles to read discs sometimes anyway and one of my joypads has a slightly faulty left stick, and causes the input to be pushed forwards - seriously annoying!!). But cheers for clearing that up. Just good to know that there's a chance some of my older games will be enhanced and actually playable lol!

bioforger 24 October 2017 03:10 PM

Correct for most games the FPS will be limited to stop the console from overheating/lagging etc. I doubt any of the old titles will be any different on the onex.

Some might not even work too of course, without a patch.

Btw gta5 and just cause 3 have zero lag in any scenario on the ps4 ;)

Peedee 24 October 2017 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11973657)
Correct for most games the FPS will be limited to stop the console from overheating/lagging etc. I doubt any of the old titles will be any different on the onex.

Some might not even work too of course, without a patch.

Btw gta5 and just cause 3 have zero lag in any scenario on the ps4 ;)

I can’t s peak for GTA5, but I’ve played just cause 3 on the PS4, and it absolutely does slow down when there’s lots of explosions happening!

bioforger 24 October 2017 03:40 PM

Not on mine it doesn't!

Littleted 24 October 2017 04:42 PM

the thing is even though some of the games will be locked at 35fps, the Xbox 1 X has more BHP to keep it at 35FPS, where as the old one will drop to 10 FPS in some scenarios...

So in short yes you should see less slowdown and faster load time...

ive got 2 coming Nov 7th, both Scorpios, gonna keep 1 and sell other...

Its definitely the case with the PS4 pro vs my PS4.

bioforger 30 October 2017 01:53 PM

Old titles wont be coded for xbonex though ted, so it wont make any difference.

Littleted 30 October 2017 04:57 PM

No I know that all the HDR shizzle 4K etc have to be coded my point was any game given more BHP ie powerful card will run smoother to its max coded FPS, so like Skyrim when actions thick it slows I’d hope Xbox one x doesn’t do hat as much due to it having faster better hardware....

Anyway after 400 tries I finally did gold on that last mission on GT round that track, what an arse that was for me.... then I checked community time 1.45 5 seconds pastor than me lol wtf

bioforger 30 October 2017 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Littleted (Post 11975075)
No I know that all the HDR shizzle 4K etc have to be coded my point was any game given more BHP ie powerful card will run smoother to its max coded FPS, so like Skyrim when actions thick it slows I’d hope Xbox one x doesn’t do hat as much due to it having faster better hardware....

Anyway after 400 tries I finally did gold on that last mission on GT round that track, what an arse that was for me.... then I checked community time 1.45 5 seconds pastor than me lol wtf

Wait til you get onto the last mission challenges ;)

Littleted 30 October 2017 06:27 PM

mates stuck on the pit stop 1

bioforger 30 October 2017 07:03 PM

heh thats easy in comparison.

Fishbowlhead 30 October 2017 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Peedee (Post 11973618)
Hey folks,

So, a quick question for all you console guru's. I know that all Xbox one games will play on the One X, and I know that certain games (Forza 7 etc) are specifically uprated when played on the One X. However, I would like to know if performance on other games is increased, i.e increased draw distance, frame rates etc. For example, games like GTA 5, Just cause 3 etc. These games are not on the 'enhanced' list so to speak, so will not run in 4k, but is their performance increased at all? I'm struggling to find an answer.

Thanks!

Only if the game is updated. Which will be on a game by game basis. If it’s not on the list just assume it won’t get a performance bump in any way at all.

1st party titles will most likely all see an update of some sort, 3rd party you’ll most likely not see anything at all get updated unless it was a recent release.