ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   fvck me this place is dead (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1050669-fvck-me-this-place-is-dead.html)

warrenm2 21 October 2017 11:08 PM

fvck me this place is dead

Is it because all the good posters left due to the morons on here?

ianrs2k 21 October 2017 11:41 PM

I haven't been on here for a few years, i recall it being a very friendly site? I take it things have changed by the above post??

JTaylor 22 October 2017 12:34 AM

I sense there will be revival; not Scoobynet, and not in my lifetime, but within the next century the cognitive elite will evolve toward Christ. I see it happening. Quietly and without fanfare. The new atheist may mock and the profane may imitate them and pour scorn on visionary Christians, but the latter will be, slowly, steadily and surely, resurgent.

johnlogie 22 October 2017 01:37 AM

I bought my Impreza a few years before I joined Scoobynet and I wasted a lot of money on mods or fixes that didn’t work. After joining I learned a great deal. Loads of people with a wealth of knowledge and experience. I learned a lot! I remember posts of how can I get 300bhp, 400bhp and people getting actual, real, proven advice, not ridiculed.
Those days have changed and so has the forum. No longer do we have the regular helpful people that are happy the share advice and experiences. It seems to be more common to take the piss out of someone.
My Impreza will never be for sale as I spent far too much on it. I’d love to push over 500 on standard position turbo but is this the place to ask for advice? At the moment, I think not. If only it was as was.

JDM_Stig 22 October 2017 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by warrenm2 (Post 11973101)
Is it because all the good posters left due to the morons on here?

Asked and answered

hedgecutter 22 October 2017 09:17 AM

To be fair, you can still gleen some knowledge here compared with fb pages

Paben 22 October 2017 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11973113)
I sense there will be revival; not Scoobynet, and not in my lifetime, but within the next century the cognitive elite will evolve toward Christ. I see it happening. Quietly and without fanfare. The new atheist may mock and the profane may imitate them and pour scorn on visionary Christians, but the latter will be, slowly, steadily and surely, resurgent.

Any evidence to support this? It seems highly unlikely to me. As science progresses religion regresses.

JTaylor 22 October 2017 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11973194)
Any evidence to support this? It seems highly unlikely to me. As science progresses religion regresses.

Who mentioned religion?

urban 22 October 2017 03:22 PM

You did, when you said about evolving towards some boy that we have no proof exists

JTaylor 22 October 2017 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 11973197)
You did, when you said about evolving towards some boy that we have no proof exists

I talked of the God-man, the Christ Jesus. I made no mention of religion.

urban 22 October 2017 03:40 PM

its the same thing, they both go hand in hand.

yabbadoo4 22 October 2017 03:52 PM

you mean you,ve had a vision?

JTaylor 22 October 2017 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 11973203)
its the same thing, they both go hand in hand.

There's a fundamental difference between religiosity and grace. I'm happy to elucidate.

JTaylor 22 October 2017 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by yabbadoo4 (Post 11973205)
you mean you,ve had a vision?

Define vision.

Paben 22 October 2017 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11973196)
Who mentioned religion?

You did when you mentioned Christians. Or has Christianity ceased to be a religion now? I suspect you have no sensible response so cover up by answering with another question. This batting back and forth with non answers sounds Pythonesque and makes your original statement rather pointless.

You have espoused the certain resurgence of 'visionary Christians' in the future and once again I'm asking you; what evidence do you have and what leads you to believe this?

JTaylor 22 October 2017 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11973217)
You did when you mentioned Christians. Or has Christianity ceased to be a religion now? I suspect you have no sensible response so cover up by answering with another question. This batting back and forth with non answers sounds Pythonesque and makes your original statement rather pointless.

You have espoused the certain resurgence of 'visionary Christians' in the future and once again I'm asking you; what evidence do you have and what leads you to believe this?

No. We must first make the distinction between religiosity and grace. Once we've done that I'll be happy to unpack the other points you've raised.

Paben 22 October 2017 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11973218)
No. We must first make the distinction between religiosity and grace. Once we've done that I'll be happy to unpack the other points you've raised.

Sorry, but at this point I back slowly out of the room, nodding and smiling politely.

yabbadoo4 22 October 2017 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11973218)

so what is the difference?

JTaylor 22 October 2017 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by yabbadoo4 (Post 11973224)
so what is the difference?

Borrowed from Tim Keller:

Religion (salvation by works) v. Gospel (salvation by grace)

[Acceptance]
“I obey - therefore I’m accepted”
“I’m accepted – therefore I obey”

[Motivation]
Motivation is based on fear and insecurity.
Motivation based on grateful joy.

[Obedience]
I obey God in order to get things from God.
I obey God to get God – to delight and resemble him.

Croney 22 October 2017 05:13 PM

Jesus christ lol

Peedee 22 October 2017 05:17 PM

I think the answer to the initial question posed has been answered. :cuckoo:

ZANY 22 October 2017 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11973228)
Borrowed from Tim Keller:

Religion (salvation by works) v. Gospel (salvation by grace)

[Acceptance]
“I obey - therefore I’m accepted”
“I’m accepted – therefore I obey"

[Obedience]
I obey God in order to get things from God.
I obey God to get God – to delight and resemble him.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...21ad333d0a.jpg

yabbadoo4 22 October 2017 05:32 PM

im sorry the notion of having to obey doesnt even remotely decribe my idea of of a god.

Paben 22 October 2017 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Peedee (Post 11973232)
I think the answer to the initial question posed has been answered. :cuckoo:

Are you including yourself? :lol1:

gazney101 22 October 2017 05:49 PM

What a load of crap

Peedee 22 October 2017 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11973241)
Are you including yourself? :lol1:

What fantastic wit you have. Laughing at your own joke further cements my admiration for you. ✊🏻💦

Paben 22 October 2017 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Peedee (Post 11973248)
What fantastic wit you have. Laughing at your own joke further cements my admiration for you. ✊🏻💦

Oh thanks, nice of you to say so

Jamie 22 October 2017 07:39 PM

I know it's sunday JT but did not know i was back in sunday school you daft wet wipe :)

JTaylor 22 October 2017 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by yabbadoo4 (Post 11973240)
im sorry the notion of having to obey doesnt even remotely decribe my idea of of a god.

This goes back to The Fall. Rebellion is as old as time itself. Google Milton's Paradise Lost.

JTaylor 22 October 2017 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 11973270)
I know it's sunday JT but did not know i was back in sunday school you daft wet wipe :)

Jamie! Hope you're well, old son!