ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Here is one gone, great eh (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1050654-here-is-one-gone-great-eh.html)

wrx300scooby 20 October 2017 09:09 PM

Here is one gone, great eh

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-41697985

He was found to be carrying seven bags of skunk cannabis and multiple phones.

TheAngryFerret 21 October 2017 03:45 PM

Dead for a bit of weed, shouldnt even be illegal.

JTaylor 21 October 2017 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by wrx300scooby (Post 11972923)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-41697985

He was found to be carrying seven bags of skunk cannabis and multiple phones.

We've rubbed along alright over the years on here, so I hesitate to write this, but why would you wish death upon a young skunk dealer? He might have been a scrote, but sometimes these kids turn out okay. I knew loads of dealers when I was younger and many of them have since realised the error of their ways and gone on to have and lead positive lives. Happy to get your perspective and to discuss if you wish.

neil-h 21 October 2017 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by TheAngryFerret (Post 11973026)
Dead for a bit of weed, shouldnt even be illegal.

Nope, dead because he crashed his moped into a taxi.

Paben 22 October 2017 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11973082)
We've rubbed along alright over the years on here, so I hesitate to write this, but why would you wish death upon a young skunk dealer? He might have been a scrote, but sometimes these kids turn out okay. I knew loads of dealers when I was younger and many of them have since realised the error of their ways and gone on to have and lead positive lives. Happy to get your perspective and to discuss if you wish.

So are you prepared to overlook the damage to other kids that these creatures cause?

JTaylor 22 October 2017 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11973143)
So are you prepared to overlook the damage to other kids that these creatures cause?

No.

idf101 22 October 2017 12:16 PM

So we should lament the death of a drugs dealer? no matter the age he knew what he was doing and all of the risks involved, yet again another family looking to blame every one else yet not once condoning what this guy was doing.
An old cliche i know but "Live by the sword die by the sword" come to mind.

1509joe 22 October 2017 12:37 PM

Sorry to say but serves him right he wouldn't have to run if he was being a good child. The misery drugs bring to the community is unbelievable. Plus the so called Police generally don't give a **** they confiscate it give a verbal warning and a majority of them go and smoke it. Known fact I'm sorry to say.

Paben 22 October 2017 02:40 PM

China takes a very firm line with drug dealers, with many of them being executed in public. This may not stop drug dealing but it certainly prevents the guilty from re-offending. A drug dealer dying during a police chase would also be viewed favourably as it would save China the cost of a bullet in the head.

JTaylor 22 October 2017 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11973185)
China takes a very firm line with drug dealers, with many of them being executed in public. This may not stop drug dealing but it certainly prevents the guilty from re-offending. A drug dealer dying during a police chase would also be viewed favourably as it would save China the cost of a bullet in the head.

Perhaps we could adopt Sharia in this country.

TheAngryFerret 22 October 2017 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11973091)
Nope, dead because he crashed his moped into a taxi.

Yes because they 'weren't following him with their lights on' and he's fled because of being in possession of a bit of weed.

Mr Fuji 23 October 2017 04:16 PM

I don't think it's a case of necessarily wishing his death, rather that he would not lament his death. You are quite right, he may have turned out ok, but then again, he may not. He was in control of his actions, and he paid the price. He had the choice to stop, but did not, so not only was he the author of his own downfall, he put others in considerable danger too.

It's telling that his family want justice for his death but make no mention of the regret they may feel for the misery he has caused by dealing in drugs.

neil-h 24 October 2017 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by TheAngryFerret (Post 11973233)
Yes because they 'weren't following him with their lights on' and he's fled because of being in possession of a bit of weed.

So we're blaming the police are we?

Peedee 24 October 2017 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Fuji (Post 11973471)
I don't think it's a case of necessarily wishing his death, rather that he would not lament his death. You are quite right, he may have turned out ok, but then again, he may not. He was in control of his actions, and he paid the price. He had the choice to stop, but did not, so not only was he the author of his own downfall, he put others in considerable danger too.

It's telling that his family want justice for his death but make no mention of the regret they may feel for the misery he has caused by dealing in drugs.

Bang on.

JDM_Stig 24 October 2017 12:03 PM

It is rather naughty the Police saying the two cars with lights etc following this moped weren't in pursuit, excuse the pun but what a cop out !

But that said, if you ride into a taxi you arent going to bounce much,
If they were trying to pull him, then failing to stop, you reap what you sew,

This death wasnt actually anything to do with the skunk, more the dealers stupidity, he could have been dealing anything, the skunk didnt kill.

Jay kay 24 October 2017 02:13 PM

I won't be losing any sleep over it, the world is quite possibly now a better place.

legb4rsk 24 October 2017 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 11973628)
It is rather naughty the Police saying the two cars with lights etc following this moped weren't in pursuit, excuse the pun but what a cop out !

But that said, if you ride into a taxi you arent going to bounce much,
If they were trying to pull him, then failing to stop, you reap what you sew,

This death wasnt actually anything to do with the skunk, more the dealers stupidity, he could have been dealing anything, the skunk didnt kill.

It could if he had been using it then riding at speed which I think is likley.Most low level dealers do it to support their own habit.
Having said that,I believe drugs should be legalised & it would put a stop to all this tragic nonsense.How much time & money are we wasting chasing low level users in a contest the law is never going to win?A huge majority of crime related to drug users stealing to get money not to mention gang-related drug crime.

Peedee 24 October 2017 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by legb4rsk (Post 11973654)
It could if he had been using it then riding at speed which I think is likley.Most low level dealers do it to support their own habit.
Having said that,I believe drugs should be legalised & it would put a stop to all this tragic nonsense.How much time & money are we wasting chasing low level users in a contest the law is never going to win?A huge majority of crime related to drug users stealing to get money not to mention gang-related drug crime.

Compared to how much it would cost already-stretched emergency services dealing with people being off their their nut, trashing everything in sight, stumbling into oncoming traffic etc etc. It’s bad enough already with people not being able to handle their drink. How about the cost to the economy?....People turning up to work stoned out of their face and not being to do their jobs, operate machinery etc etc. What about soldiers firing weapons? Armed police? Fireman? Your happy for all of those to be stoned in the line of their duties?

wrx300scooby 24 October 2017 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Fuji (Post 11973471)

Sorry I do not get on here much these days hence the delay in replying. JT, Mr Fuji has more or less summed up what I think quite well. :thumb: And thank you Mr Fuji :thumb:

JTaylor 24 October 2017 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by wrx300scooby (Post 11973719)
Sorry I do not get on here much these days hence the delay in replying. JT, Mr Fuji has more or less summed up what I think quite well. :thumb: And thank you Mr Fuji :thumb:

:thumb:

legb4rsk 24 October 2017 06:58 PM

Are you two for real?
I mean legal as in 'it is legal to drink alcohol'.

Do you really think I was advocating what you have just posted?

Felix. 24 October 2017 07:19 PM

If you legalise it, the drugs under world will not want to lose out. All that will happen is that you will have 'fag houses' opening up selling cheap drugs from here there and anywhere.

Cigarettes have been sold in shops for ages now and the price & tax continue to rise most years on them. Most people now are smoking cigarettes from packets with Greek, Polish, Romanian writing on them. These are the ones they are buying from the 'fag houses' at rock bottom prices. There are loads of these, very difficult to police and the same will happen to cocaine, heroin etc if you legalise it.

Torquemada 24 October 2017 10:14 PM

I dunno, decriminalizing and legalizing weed in certain states here seems to not have destroyed society. It's boosted the economy, created jobs and reduced crime, by what I have seen reported.

Doubtful that it would be legalized in Texas any time soon, as religious types seem to be staunchly against it. Some places you still can't even buy liquor on Sundays!

Some attitudes about weed seem to be rather old fashioned, on this thread. I'm not a user of booze or weed, my self, but I can (with certainty) tell you that Alcohol is a much more dangerous drug by a million times.

On topic, the guy was a plum for his high speed escape, which ended his life. Kid shouldn't have been dealing weed but it's not death sentence worthy. The police seem to be in pursuit and saying that they were not. A chap lost his life over a trivial thing. All a bit sh1t, really.

TheAngryFerret 24 October 2017 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11973592)
So we're blaming the police are we?

nope, the retarded law regarding cannabis.