ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Toyosport exhaust. Any good ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1050494-toyosport-exhaust-any-good.html)

Ali Mac 12 October 2017 09:55 AM

Toyosport exhaust. Any good ?

Hi, I am thinking of buying a toyosport cat back exhaust for my 2008 WRX hatch back. The exhaust are on eBay for £299, they are the 4 pipe outlet ones. Has anyone seen one fitted. Are they ok and how loud are they. Thanks

jaygsi 12 October 2017 09:53 PM

I had one for my classic looked really nice. Although never fitted as I was too happy with my power flow.

john_d 14 October 2017 05:04 PM

i had 1 on my st24 a few year back.......................sounded awesome, felt faster but that may be in my head

gazney101 14 October 2017 06:59 PM

Anything with toyosports written on it is without doubt CACK

john_d 15 October 2017 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by gazney101 (Post 11971874)
Anything with toyosports written on it is without doubt CACK

you speak from experience then?

ZANY 15 October 2017 04:00 PM

I bought a full system years ago when I had a bugeye never again :nono:
the downpipe quality was horrendous the steering knuckle was getting caught and all sorts!! and everything had to be modified or cut or welded in order for a good fitment then after 6 months the downpipe broke its weld from the turbo side and I had to reweld the whole thing after taking it off

I learnt my lesson buy once buy right there's a reason for the budgeted price tag

Go for milltek or such type of quality imo your cash your car :thumb:

ian.e 15 October 2017 08:29 PM

I had a cat back one on my bug and it was utter shyte. Fit was poor, used to bang on the prop bearing carrier, and it used to catch on the driveshaft flange, wore a hole in it eventually, and it used to drone badly at motorway speeds.

gazney101 16 October 2017 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by john_d (Post 11971998)
you speak from experience then?

Yep, exhaust didn't fit, made it fit, material quality was sh#te.
Exhaust manifold, failed within 1000 miles from new, had to force it over the studs as poor fitment.
​​​​​​
Generally everything they sell is mass produced poor quality materials and poor precision and copy's of genuine quality items.

Cambs_Stuart 16 October 2017 09:49 AM

I had some toyo manifolds on my ST220 and they were rubbish. Weld splatter everywhere and a pig to fit.

TheAngryFerret 16 October 2017 10:50 AM

Had a 3inch downpipe and decat on my Golf 1.8t. Fit and quality were spot on. Fitted a cat back exhaust to a friends WRX and had no fitment issues at all.
But ive also seen them split at the hangers and have to be messed with to get to fit.
Seems like its luck of the draw.

john_d 16 October 2017 07:06 PM

the headers and full exhaust fitted great on my st24

nortonscooby 16 October 2017 09:12 PM

I had a toyo sport center and backbox mated to a japspeed downpipe on previous bugeye and had no issues with it. Wasnt mega loud and no drone on motorways. Got a full cobra resonated on my blobeye and not much difference sound wise. Think its hit and miss with toyo sport stuff tho the fmic they do are really bad

gazney101 16 October 2017 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by nortonscooby (Post 11972261)
I had a toyo sport center and backbox mated to a japspeed downpipe on previous bugeye and had no issues with it. Wasnt mega loud and no drone on motorways. Got a full cobra resonated on my blobeye and not much difference sound wise. Think its hit and miss with toyo sport stuff tho the fmic they do are really bad

The front mount intercooler is the exact same as japspeed, eBay special.

Cheap Chinese tripe

s c o o b y 17 October 2017 10:32 PM

Duncan from racedynamix doesn't like them look on his web site but I've just bought a wrx v- limited with a toyo sports manifold wrapped and it goes like stink so who knows ,like already been said must be look of the draw .