ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   2CV (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/1050487-2cv.html)

alcazar 11 October 2017 05:21 PM

2CV

My French neighbour here at the chateau ;) has just shown me his latest project.
A 1956 2CV to be put back as it was the day it was first sold.:thumb:

ALi-B 11 October 2017 06:04 PM

Would rather have one with a BMW 1200GS engine...

Obviously with chassis/handling/brake mods to cope. :lol1:

As an aside, I have designed a flat twin engine with some innovative features that has the potential to outperform and replace a 2.0 4 cylinder and weigh far less than Ford's 3cylinder ecoboost. Unfortunately I'm lacking the CNC equipment to make it...and Elon Musk's wallet :idea:

How that pipe dream relates to a 2cV is quite simple; simple + lightweight = greater potential to perform and be frugal/emission friendly. Something totally lost on modern cars :(

dpb 11 October 2017 06:31 PM

Kickstarter !

markjmd 12 October 2017 01:05 PM

Interesting timing here. The guy's restoring a car that just happened to have been built the year before the EU was formed, and based on the typical length of time a project like this takes, will have it ready to drive again just in time for Britain's formal exit therefrom. Anyone else think the neighbour's trying to send Alcazar a message? ;)

ALi-B 12 October 2017 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by markjmd (Post 11971447)
Interesting timing here. The guy's restoring a car that just happened to have been built the year before the EU was formed, and based on the typical length of time a project like this takes, will have it ready to drive again just in time for Britain's formal exit therefrom. Anyone else think the neighbour's trying to send Alcazar a message? ;)

That after Brexit he'll need to carry eggs across a ploughed field without breaking them ? :wonder: :confused:

;)

lozgti1 12 October 2017 10:32 PM

Citroen 100 CV !

alcazar 13 October 2017 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by markjmd (Post 11971447)

He was a farmer, raising veal calves, in a field, not a cage.
He told me before we voted that he hoped we go, and it started a landslide which would take France out next...

bioforger 16 October 2017 02:54 PM

lol what a box of sh1te, I remember trying to j-turn one of these, which ended in a reverse roll :lol1: it was on its way to a scrappy anyway, just a shame I didn't take out some frogs too.

alcazar 19 October 2017 12:37 PM

How racist:D

bioforger 19 October 2017 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11972674)
How racist:D

Hey they hate us much more than we do with them ;)

madscoob 19 October 2017 07:01 PM

totally agree with the above
i don't trust french letters let alone french cars and people :thumb: