ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Vibration under braking (NOT Discs though) (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1050360-vibration-under-braking-not-discs-though.html)

porkster0 04 October 2017 12:30 PM

Vibration under braking (NOT Discs though)

Hi There

I have intermittent Vibration/wobble through the steering wheel under braking sometime light sometimes heavy to the extent you feel it through the seat.

It is very intermittent but does seem more often if sudden braking straight from hard acceleration !
However emergency stops from normal cruising at any speeds shows no vibrations

The discs have be checked and are not warped (so I am told) leaves me at a loss of what it could be.

Any help appreciated
Ian

The Trooper 1815 04 October 2017 12:41 PM

Pads breaking down?

TECHNOPUG 04 October 2017 04:56 PM

Discs
Pads
Pistons
Ball Joints
Drop-Links

Matty81 05 October 2017 03:59 PM

Might be worth checking the lower arm bushes also.

Vxr2010 06 October 2017 12:21 PM

tracking tyres tyre pressure plus crud between the disc and hub off setting the disc

Murrayf99 06 October 2017 12:48 PM

Tighten those wheel nuts!?

ALi-B 06 October 2017 01:27 PM

First, rule out the basics; Swap the front wheels with the rear (and correctly torque the nuts).

williams.84 06 October 2017 03:34 PM

I've had to change my steering rack bushes as I was getting the same problem I thought it was my discs but it tuned out to be the rack

Peter Pan 06 October 2017 09:16 PM

What brake pads are you using??

Jon T 07 October 2017 08:28 AM

I had a similar problem a few days after i had my sti. It turned out the garage had put the cheapest pads they could find on the front and put the shims the upside down. Put good pads in then rebeded them all ok since

porkster0 11 October 2017 03:19 PM

Hi Thanks for all the comments

Wheel have been swapped front to rears and the issue stills occurs,

The Pads where an expensive make cant remember which make as they were fitted by Power station when they existed along with new discs. will have to find receipt and see. ( the new Disc and pads haven't done 1500 miles )

It is going in a garage next week to have the front bushes, drop links etc checked.

Could worn front shockers cause this ? as the rears have been replace but not the fronts and they look quiet rusty (original sti red front struts) and the car is now 93000 miles.

Regards Ian

Vxr2010 11 October 2017 03:28 PM

i would go out and give the brakes a bit of a beasting and see how they are it could be a build up on material that needs rubbing off

Beastie 13 October 2017 01:47 AM

Are your discs grooved??

JDM_Stig 13 October 2017 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by porkster0 (Post 11971289)
Hi Thanks for all the comments

Wheel have been swapped front to rears and the issue stills occurs,

The Pads where an expensive make cant remember which make as they were fitted by Power station when they existed along with new discs. will have to find receipt and see. ( the new Disc and pads haven't done 1500 miles )

It is going in a garage next week to have the front bushes, drop links etc checked.

Could worn front shockers cause this ? as the rears have been replace but not the fronts and they look quiet rusty (original sti red front struts) and the car is now 93000 miles.

Regards Ian

How were the new braked bed in ?
What technique did you use to ?