ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Racedynamix.....? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1050154-racedynamix.html)

gt gary 25 September 2017 08:40 PM

Racedynamix.....?

Has anyone else been having trouble getting hold of Duncan at racedynamix, been trying on and off for the past month to get in contact with him to arrange a remap, I've called, emailed and left messages on his Facebook page with zero response?

jaygsi 25 September 2017 08:54 PM

Yes my mates had same problem, so went to bob rawle.

Tidgy 25 September 2017 09:06 PM

you dodged a bullet with that one, go else where.

gt gary 25 September 2017 09:10 PM

No good then...?

ianbott 25 September 2017 09:25 PM

I had endless trouble getting hold of him for a remap then after the map it was hitting fuel cut and soon after I lost all compression on one cylinder. Whether it was related I don't know but I'm not a huge fan of people who carry out mapping sessions doing 6 or 8 cars in a day.

crazyspeedfreakz 25 September 2017 10:00 PM

Popcorn time

jazzyjembreaze 25 September 2017 10:40 PM

Dynamite Duncan lol

ossett2k2 25 September 2017 11:21 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...35110b5898.gif

RICHARD J 25 September 2017 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by gt gary (Post 11968044)
No good then...?

You'd be better off using Bob

JDM_Stig 26 September 2017 07:22 AM

Give it a hour and we will have 10 people who love him, and call you all liars . . . . lol

Rusti 26 September 2017 07:55 AM

I managed to get hold of him through the messaging service on his website.

ossett2k2 26 September 2017 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Rusti (Post 11968081)
I managed to get hold of him through the messaging service on his website.

Unlucky!

Rusti 26 September 2017 08:22 AM

Not really, I haven't used him yet. I was getting prices for a remap of an FSTI once I take possession.

BrownPantsRacing 26 September 2017 08:35 AM

I never had an issue getting a reply from Duncan when it was mapping time, but always struggled to get a response to questions and potential problems. Although, that said, I never had a single issue with his map. Was great and car performed very well indeed.

I use Andrew Carr now.

Ash Webster 26 September 2017 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 11968092)

I use Andrew Carr now.

even worse to get hold of! but a better mapper yes

Rusti 26 September 2017 01:38 PM

Anyone would think they had businesses to run :lol1:

BrownPantsRacing 26 September 2017 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ash Webster (Post 11968154)
even worse to get hold of! but a better mapper yes

lol yes. Andrew can be a pain to get hold of that's for sure. That said though, when my car started over-boosting after I'd changed the exhaust I rang Andrew, left a message and he called me straight back to discuss. He was brilliant.

AP3491 26 September 2017 02:07 PM

This whole thread should have been mine, how's about I arranged a remap with Duncan when he was on holiday. 3 weeks later( morning of the map ( I have taken this day off work btw) ) message saying sorry I haven't got your ecu in time can we do the Thursday? No worries, Thursday arrives, still no ecu, that's another day off work now, we then struggle to arrange a day, he tries to be funny saying I can travel to Bournemouth on the Saturday if I didn't mind, !! Hilarious mate still laughing, I was due to get anti lag and launch control, not once did he mention the effects of AL LC on a uk engine, I even volunteered to drive to ESL on both occasions to retrieve a ECU, I just don't think if he fancies it or not on the morning of your map, after speaking to a few people I am so glad things did go t1ts up!

AP3491 26 September 2017 02:16 PM

I spoke to bob rawle and Neil at slowboy both of which had time for me on the phone and was really helpful, speaking to Duncan when he answers seems like he just isn't too bothered, maybe my mods was appealing enough for him to map or maybe he just didn't want my 800quid? Who knows

Matty81 26 September 2017 03:55 PM

I used neil to map my car and he was as good as gold. Spent nearly 3 and a half hours mapping my car and im not disappointed with what he’s done. I know a few people who use Duncan, 15 of them at a time go down to Surrey for a mapping session but to be honest I’m not really into that kind of mapper, would rather use someone who wants to take the time on only my car.

AP3491 26 September 2017 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Matty81 (Post 11968190)
I used neil to map my car and he was as good as gold. Spent nearly 3 and a half hours mapping my car and im not disappointed with what he’s done. I know a few people who use Duncan, 15 of them at a time go down to Surrey for a mapping session but to be honest I’m not really into that kind of mapper, would rather use someone who wants to take the time on only my car.

Hopefully it's a blessing in disguise that this man has let me down time and time again, I have booked bob rawle for alkatec map in a monthis time, albeit 300 quid more but I haven't heard anything bad about him.

Matty81 26 September 2017 04:38 PM

One of the best bob Rawle :thumb:. Gonna use him when I eventually fit a new bigger turbo.

trevsjwood 26 September 2017 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by AP3491 (Post 11968205)
Hopefully it's a blessing in disguise that this man has let me down time and time again, I have booked bob rawle for alkatec map in a monthis time, albeit 300 quid more but I haven't heard anything bad about him.

If you were waiting on an Alkatek ecu coming back that's a reliability issue in itself and not much can influence the slow turnaround experienced by most.
Trev

Hawkeye D 26 September 2017 06:17 PM

And another for Bob Rawle, great in all the gears....although I'm keeping off boost with my current problem lol

kaled00 26 September 2017 06:33 PM

My experience of Duncan at racedynamix has been the complete opposite.

texted him while he was on holiday, booked in 2 weeks ago, confirmed yesterday and went today.

he even pointed me in the right direction for a part I was after.

went smoothly.

seems like a nice enough bloke.

Khandaris 26 September 2017 06:46 PM

I have used Duncan with my car too. Perfect map, no issues 9 months later.

2.0 TD05, 550c injectors and new engine. Boosts fine, pulls like a train.

Tidgy 26 September 2017 07:16 PM

even a broken clock is wrong twice a day, he doesn't even road test after maps for gods sake.

AP3491 26 September 2017 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11968254)
even a broken clock is wrong twice a day, he doesn't even road test after maps for gods sake.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day?, I haven't personally experienced a sh11t map by him obviously, chance would be a fine thing didn't even make it to the mapping stage.... twice

AP3491 26 September 2017 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by trevsjwood (Post 11968218)
If you were waiting on an Alkatek ecu coming back that's a reliability issue in itself and not much can influence the slow turnaround experienced by most.
Trev

I was waiting for an ESL, but after numerous emails on that soppy, contact information page on their site which they don't reply too, I even resorted to an eBay message which also fell on death ears, or eyes, either way Iv had it with Duncan, ESL and the lack of customer service from both, so I spoke to bob I asked what other options I have, again albeit more expensive, I can't think of anything worse than having to put my email address and a short message on the ESL Website ever again:luxhello:

trevsjwood 26 September 2017 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by AP3491 (Post 11968279)
I was waiting for an ESL, but after numerous emails on that soppy, contact information page on their site which they don't reply too, I even resorted to an eBay message which also fell on death ears, or eyes, either way Iv had it with Duncan, ESL and the lack of customer service from both, so I spoke to bob I asked what other options I have, again albeit more expensive, I can't think of anything worse than having to put my email address and a short message on the ESL Website ever again:luxhello:

well good luck, Bob has always taken good care of his customer contact.
Alcatek less so and you wouldn't fair better on that score.
Trev