ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Hurst cars (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1049827-hurst-cars.html)

the shreksta 10 September 2017 07:44 AM

Hurst cars

So I'm on the lookout for my next Impreza, Hurst cars seems to have some nice ones. Anybody have any dealings with him?

I emailed him a few weeks ago regarding finance but they don't do it so I've been to the bank and got the funds I require so I'm on the hunt.

He has a really nice 03 blob JDM wrx sti in silver that is very temoting although I would have to swap the headers for unequal length to obtain the CORRECT Subaru sound :)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...IMPREZA&page=2

Cheers

ossett2k2 10 September 2017 07:52 AM

Twin scroll so you can't run UL unless you plan on a turbo change?
Looks tidy tho :)

the shreksta 10 September 2017 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 11964753)
Twin scroll so you can't run UL unless you plan on a turbo change?
Looks tidy tho :)

Bugger.........

hedgecutter 10 September 2017 08:14 AM

Just for sound, you would make the car slower and less efficient?? Destroy a twinscroll? Bit of a step backwards.

ZANY 10 September 2017 08:25 AM

£3k more and you could have mine :)

the shreksta 10 September 2017 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 11964756)
£3k more and you could have mine :)

Details please

ZANY 10 September 2017 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 11964757)
Details please

Jdm widetrack blobeye, 42k miles with full history, been in uk since new imported from jap factory to uk hpi clear jap report available aswell

Lots of fruitful modifications just bought new set of wheels which should be landing next week as I had got bored with the white ones

Had Thread deleted as it was becoming more of a forsale thread instead of a car project thread :lol1:

Although a strong price for some
Guaranteed you won't find such example anywhere pal :thumb:

johned 10 September 2017 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 11964759)
Jdm widetrack blobeye, 42k miles with full history, been in uk since new imported from jap factory to uk hpi clear jap report available aswell

Lots of fruitful modifications just bought new set of wheels which should be landing next week as I had got bored with the white ones

Had Thread deleted as it was becoming more of a forsale thread instead of a car project thread :lol1:

Sounds a nice car and maybe i could be tempted if shreksta is not interested.

Mustoe91 10 September 2017 11:26 AM

Nice to have you back mate :thumb:

Just reminds me of your old wrx you had you love a silver blob don't you :D

the shreksta 10 September 2017 11:46 AM

Yeah love a silver blob.......its just so right lol.

the shreksta 10 September 2017 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 11964759)

Drop me a pm buddy with all the information. What's your location?

the shreksta 10 September 2017 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by hedgecutter (Post 11964755)
Just for sound, you would make the car slower and less efficient?? Destroy a twinscroll? Bit of a step backwards.

Just hate the non burble sound

Mustoe91 10 September 2017 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 11964798)
Yeah love a silver blob.......its just so right lol.

That makes 2 of us pal :thumb:

Binny 10 September 2017 12:03 PM

Back on point, I got my '03 JDM STI from Max at Hurst Cars. A great car IMO and I looked at many before settling for this one, even though it was from a dealer that was charging slightly inflated prices compared to private sales.

Ive had no real issues to speak of, only a couple of slight little things that come with owning a 15yr old car, none of which had anything to do with who or where it was sold, simply age related months after purchase.

When buying Max was very helpful, knows his stuff, kept me up to date with progress etc and did everything I asked of him to get the deal done. I happen to be local too so I popped in every now and again to 'spot check' and all was as it seems so to speak. He was welcoming, his stock and show room was in good order and the day of my original viewing of the car was New Year's Day!

Ive had work done the car since ownership by Richard at FB Tuning (a highly recommended tuner) and he tells me the car is a good honest car.

All in all I'd recommend Max and Hurst Cars to anyone. Not everyone will have the same experience as me, I guess it's the nature of buying an old car mainly bought to rag around etc, but unless a customer is lied to directly from a seller I struggle to justify how that's the sellers fault if something goes wrong. Customer service is a different matter of course, but again IMO Max was bang on with that too.

Just my opinion of course.

Binny

PS. I did do a write up on the whole thing but despite frantic searches I can't find it on here.

fawor 10 September 2017 12:49 PM

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JDM-Subaru...0/172824421502
That will be my choice

the shreksta 10 September 2017 01:46 PM

Thanks for the input guys, shame that JDM cars can't have the burble without alot of things being changed out.

the shreksta 10 September 2017 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by fawor (Post 11964805)

Nice spec but that spoiler looks like it belongs on an old Montego lol

The Trooper 1815 10 September 2017 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by the shreksta (Post 11964812)
Nice spec but that spoiler looks like it belongs on an old Montego lol

Carbon risers.

**jay** 10 September 2017 02:38 PM

Had a few cars off max at Hurts always been a pleasure too deal with and the cars have been spot on.
As for the burble as above its a massive step backwards i love my twin scroll no lag revs to 9k and sounds like a super bike i love the noise off it.

mike74 10 September 2017 02:52 PM

Are you sure you can afford to run an Impreza given that you can't actually afford the cash to buy one?

1509joe 10 September 2017 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by mike74 (Post 11964820)
Are you sure you can afford to run an Impreza given that you can't actually afford the cash to buy one?

:lol: Cheeky git

the shreksta 10 September 2017 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by 1509joe (Post 11964846)
:lol: Cheeky git

Lol my thoughts exactly.

Have put nearly all our wages this year into a new house and kitting it out with all new stuff, time to treat myself now. Yeah I know how much it costs to run an Impreza, can I afford it......yes I most certainly can.

rossyboy 10 September 2017 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by mike74 (Post 11964820)

He's talking about an £11-15k car, not a £3k classic. Not many have that amount sitting about in cash these days.

Plenty people out there leasing £30k+ cars that only have the few grand up front deposit in their banks.

Peedee 10 September 2017 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by rossyboy (Post 11964855)
He's talking about an £11-15k car, not a £3k classic. Not many have that amount sitting about in cash these days.

Plenty people out there leasing £30k+ cars that only have the few grand up front deposit in their banks.

I find it worrying how many people get cars on the never-never now. It's all about keeping up with the Joneses for most people unfortunately.

Anyway, back to the original topic. Another vote for max here. Bought a Spec C from him a couple of years ago. Was honest about the car from the off, nice bloke, let me take it for a good test drive and is knowledgable. Recommended.

the shreksta 10 September 2017 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Peedee (Post 11964859)
I find it worrying how many people get cars on the never-never now. It's all about keeping up with the Joneses for most people unfortunately.

Anyway, back to the original topic. Another vote for max here. Bought a Spec C from him a couple of years ago. Was honest about the car from the off, nice bloke, let me take it for a good test drive and is knowledgable. Recommended.

Another good report on max.......looks like I will be paying him a visit.

As for keeping up with the joneses............i care not about keeping up with anyone, I love Subarus, there are plenty of cars I like but only 1 I want. I do not have 15k floating around as I have just bought my 1st house, my job is going great and the Mrs job is going well so I see no harm in lending some from the bank to treat myself.

If I thought there was a sniff of financial insecurity in our household then I wouldn't do it.

ray54 10 September 2017 07:56 PM

Good luck ! in your search, at least you'll hear the radio with equal lenght . :lol1:

the shreksta 10 September 2017 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by ray54 (Post 11964869)
Good luck ! in your search, at least you'll hear the radio with equal lenght . :lol1:

Lol

XRS 11 September 2017 10:58 AM

I thought I'd miss the old burble when I bought my T-25, but when I heard the blare coming from it I didn't miss the old noise.

byrnsie44 11 September 2017 11:10 AM

Shreksta,

I've recently purchased a JDM STi from Max.

Hands down the best service I have had from a trader.

The car was exactly as described, price was fair and was under-sealed as part of the deal.

Since owning it unfortunately the turbo let go coming off a roundabout on flat chat. That was a week ago, replacement turbo turned up from Max in the post this morning without any quibble.

I've had the car inspected by a good friend from a classic Ferrari motorsport company, front to back and he's incredibly impressed.

He doesn't cut corners from my experience, definitely worth going to see his stock.

Tidgy 11 September 2017 12:50 PM

i'd have to think long and hard about using hurst again after the experiance i had.