ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Selling cars? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1049662-selling-cars.html)

p.w.s.1 30 August 2017 04:13 PM

Selling cars?

I've always sold locally but will have to sell my Scooby soon after almost 3 years ownership :cry:.
What are the best sites people use i.e Autotrader/pistonheads?
cheers

Cambs_Stuart 30 August 2017 04:28 PM

I can't help, but I'm in a smiliar postion so I'm keen to see what everyone else says.

p.w.s.1 30 August 2017 04:37 PM

Scooby has been a real joy to own and is used as my daily but have a baby on the way so some toys will unfortunately have to go!

funkyrimpler 30 August 2017 04:39 PM

I put my M3 on eBay yesterday..It's got 18 watchers and and 451 views..I had a call yesterday..
i'm thinking of putting on pistonheads...then again, when i'm searching online I check all of the main sites, so i'm not sure of the value of hitting ALL of the big ones...

p.w.s.1 30 August 2017 06:49 PM

Details in the for sale section.

2005 STI widetrack
79.600 miles
loads of extras
loads of History original brought on this site around 3 years ago.
Amazing car
After £8500

Dave Y 30 August 2017 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by funkyrimpler (Post 11962883)
I put my M3 on eBay yesterday..It's got 18 watchers and and 451 views..I had a call yesterday..
i'm thinking of putting on pistonheads...then again, when i'm searching online I check all of the main sites, so i'm not sure of the value of hitting ALL of the big ones...

Have you got a link to it ?

Jay kay 31 August 2017 01:55 PM

I think Pistonheads or even autotrader are always a good shout. Ebay is full of messers usually.

I saw your ad earlier and if it was a few months back I would have bought it myself! If you don't get what you want for it and wish to sell a few parts separately let me know. Id love your wheels and dump valve and can give you cash and even standard parts in return. I have the standard gold enkei 17s with brand new tyres on. Just a thought.

p.w.s.1 31 August 2017 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jay kay (Post 11963058)
I think Pistonheads or even autotrader are always a good shout. Ebay is full of messers usually.

I saw your ad earlier and if it was a few months back I would have bought it myself! If you don't get what you want for it and wish to sell a few parts separately let me know. Id love your wheels and dump valve and can give you cash and even standard parts in return. I have the standard gold enkei 17s with brand new tyres on. Just a thought.

will not be selling bits I'm afraid. These pro drive wheels add that bit extra to the look in my opinion so would not change.! Thank you for the offer though :top:

StrangelyBrown 31 August 2017 09:10 PM

I used to religiously use Autotrader, however have had greater success with Gumtree and eBay of late.

funkyrimpler 01 September 2017 03:36 PM

Is Gumtree free?

StrangelyBrown 01 September 2017 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by funkyrimpler (Post 11963266)
Is Gumtree free?

There's is a paid option but I've never used it.

Vxr2010 02 September 2017 03:58 PM

post on more than one site , i would auto trader and ebay , i got loads of hits on pistonheads but not one call

funkyrimpler 02 September 2017 08:53 PM

I've got my M3 up on fleabay, pisstonheads and bumtree..