ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   Anyone heard of teamcarrr? (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/1049221-anyone-heard-of-teamcarrr.html)

jaygsi 08 August 2017 07:48 PM

Anyone heard of teamcarrr?

Has anyone heard of them or had there car remapped by them?

http://www.teamcarr.net/

adge 08 August 2017 07:52 PM

Its Andrew Carr one of the better known mappers in the North West and UK. Works out of TEGSport and others.

ossett2k2 08 August 2017 07:52 PM

It's Andy Carr
I'm sure you must of seen threads on him Jay?

jaygsi 08 August 2017 07:54 PM

Oh yeah i know Andy Carr, just found a page on him, just didn't know that was his business.

nortonscooby 08 August 2017 10:29 PM

Mapped my blob 2 years ago with carberry rom. Twin maps and antilag. Has done tweak since when i changed intercooler. Great mapper and i had great results on dyno. Never had issue with him or the map.

jaygsi 09 August 2017 11:12 AM

Thats great, wanted to here what people had to say good or bad.

Looking for a mapper, was going to go with Duncan at RaceDynamix, but still looking around.

JDM_Stig 09 August 2017 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11958516)
Thats great, wanted to here what people had to say good or bad.

Looking for a mapper, was going to go with Duncan at RaceDynamix, but still looking around.

Well at least you know two not to use now . . .
Teamcarr become mission impossible to get hold of when there are issues,
Im sure there are enough threads about Duncan, even if the recent example had the rolling road print outs removed, full boost reached at 6k lol

:RantOff:

ZANY 09 August 2017 12:52 PM

Make sure you can get hold of your chosen mapper when you need to mate as it can be pretty frustrating with unanswered phone calls and fruitless attempts of contact etc....

BrownPantsRacing 09 August 2017 03:44 PM

Having my FSTI mapped by Andrew Carr again tomorrow up at Pole Position in Willenhall. That's as far south as he ventures. Bit of a journey for me, but worth it!

Martianwrx 10 August 2017 07:12 PM

Can anyone provide any options for people living around the midlands, google searches and forum searches arent throwing up any results, especially recent results.
Duncan and Andy Carr seem to be the only two around here.
Sloboy racing and Andy Forrest are the only other results google shows and are both opposite ends of the country and too far to travel. Especially if you have to go back for any problem to be sorted.

ossett2k2 10 August 2017 07:19 PM

Bob rawle,martyn Jeffery,pat herborn

Martianwrx 10 August 2017 07:22 PM

Teamcarr become mission impossible to get hold of when there are issues,
So they are good but difficult to get hold of?
Thats not too bad then.

I have recently been trying to chat to Duncan and sent several emails to his business address and not had a single reply, tried phoning and he hung up, to be fair his website does recommend texting, but even then he takes days to reply and you cant have a proper conversation via text, ask detailed questions or get detailed answers. But I have recently been told to avoid him by several people due to his mapping techniques, or lack of.

Martianwrx 10 August 2017 07:23 PM

Bob rawle,martyn Jeffery,pat herborn
Thanks I will investigate :thumb:

PT82 10 August 2017 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Martianwrx (Post 11958889)
Thanks I will investigate :thumb:

Bob Rawle goes to Chevron Motorsport in Staffordshire. Not far from you.
Call Simon and enquire :thumb:

Martianwrx 10 August 2017 09:52 PM

Cheers fella! I was just emailing Bob when you wrote that, after a good google and forum search I liked what I read. If he could come there it would be the icing on the cake. Heres hoping hes not booked until sometime next year!

jaygsi 10 August 2017 10:20 PM

Does he map esl?

Originally Posted by PT82

Martianwrx 10 August 2017 10:22 PM

yup, this is taken from his trader page

Full time mobile national and international remapping ...

EcuTek, AlcaTek, Simtek, Syvecs, Link, Gems, DTA, Autronic, Motec, E-Manage, Power-FC, Bosch, AEM, ESL, Adaptronic

jaygsi 10 August 2017 10:46 PM

Any website or prices etc?

Martianwrx 10 August 2017 10:47 PM

just type his name into google :thumb:

jaygsi 10 August 2017 10:57 PM

Don't be lazy and do it for me :lol1:

Originally Posted by Martianwrx
just type his name into google :thumb:

Martianwrx 10 August 2017 11:08 PM

Don't be lazy and do it for me :lol1:
Done :thumb:
Dont know how it benefits you though? :D

B9SLJ 11 August 2017 12:39 AM

No problems with Andrew Carr whatsoever, has mapped and tweaked mine over last 2 years, based at pole position every Thursday so no problem getting hold of him through PP

BrownPantsRacing 11 August 2017 09:19 AM

Saw Andrew Carr yesterday (at Pole Position) for the 3rd map on my FSTI and it's transformed the car yet again. Honestly couldn't be happier. Really knows his stuff.

I used Duncan on my last car and had no problems with the map or his service, thought he was a nice guy (despite all the bad press he gets). However, when I finally had an issue with the car I couldn't contact him at all but strangely when I mentioned I'd bought a new car that needed mapping he was all over my texts again.

jaygsi 11 August 2017 10:01 AM

To be honest not found it easy to get hold of pole position. Had a very good experience and bad experience with them so not decided. Do they have a rolling road there?

Originally Posted by B9SLJ
No problems with Andrew Carr whatsoever, has mapped and tweaked mine over last 2 years, based at pole position every Thursday so no problem getting hold of him through PP

JDM_Stig 14 August 2017 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Martianwrx (Post 11958888)
So they are good but difficult to get hold of?
Thats not too bad then.

I have recently been trying to chat to Duncan and sent several emails to his business address and not had a single reply, tried phoning and he hung up, to be fair his website does recommend texting, but even then he takes days to reply and you cant have a proper conversation via text, ask detailed questions or get detailed answers. But I have recently been told to avoid him by several people due to his mapping techniques, or lack of.

5+ years later I am still awaiting his return, so yeah when there is a issue and he ignores messages, I say that is bad . . .but hey what do I know .
:thumb:

joe v3sti 14 August 2017 08:27 AM

Andrew is a very good mapper I think the results of the countless rally and competition cars. That he has mapped speak for themselves

B9SLJ 14 August 2017 08:58 AM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...617bfd8f1c.png

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11958988)
To be honest not found it easy to get hold of pole position. Had a very good experience and bad experience with them so not decided. Do they have a rolling road there?

Call the office phone always gets answered. Yes car can be mapped on road or rolling road

Dave Y 14 August 2017 09:20 AM

THWAITES at Warwick do mapping on a rolling road.
I have been there twice quality service!!

jaygsi 14 August 2017 10:48 AM

I know there contact details thanks. Bought some alloys off them a while ago, helped me put them in the car. Then second transaction, messed me around loads.

Originally Posted by B9SLJ (Post 11959500)
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...617bfd8f1c.png

Call the office phone always gets answered. Yes car can be mapped on road or rolling road