ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Man Utd Thread 2017-2018 (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/1049210-man-utd-thread-2017-2018-a.html)

Funkii Munkii 08 August 2017 12:31 PM

Man Utd Thread 2017-2018

Well The season kinda starts today with another Mickey Mouse European trophy up for grabs.

So time for a new thread

Will Zidane start Bale just to shut Maureen up, the fact he may be on the bench is the most exciting part of this game as it could prove enough for United to make their move, must be the reason they haven't forced through the Perisic deal.

Momentum is with us, I don't expect the title but we should give it a bloody good go !!

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/arti...r-Lindelof.jpg

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/arti...ville-page.jpg

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/...701/269709.jpg

CREWJ 08 August 2017 01:36 PM

I'm hoping Matic hasn't lost it and Lukaku carries on banging in upteen goals. We need to set the team up to supply Lukaku I think.

elgassi 13 August 2017 03:39 PM

C'mon United lets make a bright start to the season, big year ahead, we need the EPL title at OT again

Oh and well done Wayne, just behave yourself against us :nono:

elgassi 13 August 2017 05:52 PM

Matic, Matic, Matic what a debut things ARE looking Up
there will be harder games though

jaygsi 13 August 2017 09:23 PM

Glad he got a goal, you could tell he was keen to get one.

Cracking game, top of the table.

Originally Posted by elgassi (Post 11959384)
C'mon United lets make a bright start to the season, big year ahead, we need the EPL title at OT again

Oh and well done Wayne, just behave yourself against us :nono:

Funkii Munkii 14 August 2017 01:00 PM

Some nice footie by United, Matic looked like he owned the place :D

Jones, Rashford and Pogba all stood out.

Romelu, loose the beard man you just look like a fat bloke that can score goals !!

urban 14 August 2017 02:22 PM

I enjoyed the match, didn't get to see much of the first half.
They played well, nice movement of the ball, probably could have been more than four nil.
There will be tougher matches ahead for sure, but West Ham had the better of us last year.

pauld37 14 August 2017 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 11959553)
Matic looked like he owned the place :D

:cry:

Funkii Munkii 14 August 2017 04:15 PM

I was going to thank you Paul, wasn't sure if you still lurked ;)

pauld37 14 August 2017 07:37 PM

Still pop in now and again fm, got to keep an eye on you ;)
Matic will certainly strengthen any team, doesn't get the credit he deserves. Can't believe we sold him to another Premier League team, even a lowly one :p

Funkii Munkii 15 August 2017 11:30 AM

Lowly :lol1:

elgassi 15 August 2017 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37 (Post 11959632)
Still pop in now and again fm, got to keep an eye on you ;)
Matic will certainly strengthen any team, doesn't get the credit he deserves. Can't believe we sold him to another Premier League team, even a lowly one :p

:nono: lol

I'd take another player as well Costa, Just don't know what he did wrong last year, I thought he had his best season

Alright he's a player who gets into trouble, the away fans give him stick, he does stupid things, but bottom line, he's a great player and proven goalscorer

Can't understand what Conte, (if true) was playing at saying he wasn't in his plans
I don't blame him for not returning, why come back if your not wanted ?

sprigeteer 19 August 2017 07:51 PM

Another 4-0. If Rashford could finish he'd be properly dangerous. Wonder how long before he loses his starting place to Martial? He's got to score those one on ones. There's a real balance to the team - best team for a number of years. Still think we need another quality striker just in case. Bring on Leicester!

elgassi 22 August 2017 08:06 AM

200 goals for Rooney, and against Citeeh, haha
prove the knockers wrong Wayne, brilliant player, what a career

urban 29 August 2017 05:11 PM

Should really have had another 4-0 win at the weekend against Leicester

jaygsi 10 September 2017 09:07 AM

Well i was gutted United didn't win. Zouma seemed to nullify Rashford, i wasn't sure on formation either.

Funkii Munkii 11 September 2017 10:26 AM

They looked half asleep most of the game especially the defence.

It's a good reality check tbh

jaygsi 11 September 2017 01:31 PM

It was Phil Jones, Eric pace helped alot, a few times Jese shot off and Eric out paced him.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...e4b98590b.jpeg

You can see he had him marked well.

Ash Webster 11 September 2017 03:39 PM

Darmian and Bailly were poor, but as usual one of the opposition unknowns has a worldie against us. Can guarantee Choupo Moting will do f*ck all the next few games.

Draw was a fair result, but Lukaku should have won the game for us, and maybe Rashford could have passed when he got greedy when we were 2-1 up.

De Gea's save//// holy ****

urban 18 September 2017 12:10 PM

Good result yesterday

elgassi 18 September 2017 07:20 PM

I think the result flattered us, there were long periods of the 2nd half where we just didn't play that well, had they taken their chances (which they didn't) it could have been a draw or worse a loss
In the end it was a canter, but until the 2nd goal it was in the balance and they did look as though they were going to score
another 4 goals in the bag,
confidence = helps make a winning team

Ash Webster 19 September 2017 11:39 AM

yes but these are the game we drew last year. Ruthless

sprigeteer 19 September 2017 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Ash Webster (Post 11966586)

Exactly.

Funkii Munkii 19 September 2017 11:49 AM

Ludicrous that "Kick it out" want Lukaku's chant banned because of racial stereotyping :cuckoo:.

FFS it's a bit fun and who knows maybe he does have a 24" cock.

Best use of a Stone Roses song in a football chant :thumb:

elgassi 19 September 2017 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ash Webster (Post 11966586)

I realise that ^^
Ruthless, Er I wouldn't say that at all, if it was 4 - 0 at half time and 6 or 7 at full time, I'd say we were ruthless, they're a bottom of the table outfit
we can't play like we did for long periods of that game against better teams :nono:

Last year Tony's volley would've hit row'z' and Everton would've scored 2 goals at least (probably Lukaku lol)
We have confidence now, but we still need to get stronger to destroy the Top teams IMO
Our main focus this year must be the EPL title, Oh & the CL :luvlove:

Funkii Munkii 28 September 2017 09:58 AM

Played well again last night, everyone is doing their bit, seems like they're all buying into Maureens philosophy.

Martial has so much raw talent and Micki is excelling in the No 10 role, loving watching the pair of them this season.

elgassi 01 October 2017 09:01 PM

I have to take my hat off to JM, I didn't fancy him at all, I thought it would've been all about him, but, he seems to have bought into the Greatest club in the World and is relishing the job, glad I was wrong and we got him
now just go and win the EPL, CL & FA Cup lol

jaygsi 02 October 2017 12:22 AM

Yeah he has put a good team together. I love how players are all fighting for there spot, Rashford/Martial, Mata/Herrera, Mkhitaryan/Lingard.

And when Ibrahimović comes back wow what a choice of players.

Love this goal, he's a cracking player always puts 100% into every game.

Funkii Munkii 03 October 2017 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11969427)
I love how players are all fighting for there spot, Mkhitaryan/Lingard.

Hardly a contest for Micki :lol1:

elgassi 08 October 2017 08:35 PM

I must admit I don't get Lingard at all, but hey he must be doing something right in training, pity he can't do it on a match day, could be a slow burner or maybe a damp squib