ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   What Alarm Do You Have (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1049011-what-alarm-do-you-have.html)

john_d 31 July 2017 09:03 AM

What Alarm Do You Have

I've got the Sigma on my blobeye, but in the year I've had it the alarm has sounded on numerous occasions for no apparent reason (PITA when it happens in the middle of the night), I know noone has tried to get into it so I'm not sure if its the internal sensors or not, so i was looking at changing it?

good idea?

ossett2k2 31 July 2017 09:06 AM

A lot of alarms you can adjust the sensitivity,might be worth looking at before you buy new.

Smithys STI 31 July 2017 09:44 AM

On the sigma alarm you can type a code in the keypad then count the number of flashes from the led on the dash to determine what is setting the alarm off.

arm and dis arm the alarm then press
Then *38
then
#
1 flash = ignition
2 flashes = door trigger
4 flashes = boot/tailgate
8 flashes= bonnet trigger
16 flashes = ultrasonics

my guess it is the ultrasonics need adjusting...you can adjust them from 0 to 99 , the higher the number the less sensitive they will be.
from factory they were usually set to 55.

​​
​​​​​​

JDM_Stig 31 July 2017 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Smithys STI (Post 11956615)
On the sigma alarm you can type a code in the keypad then count the number of flashes from the led on the dash to determine what is setting the alarm off.

Then *38
then
#
1 flash = ignition
2 flashes = door trigger
16 flashes = ultrasonics

my guess it is the ultrasonics need adjusting...you can adjust them from 0 to 99 , the higher the number the less sensitive they will be.
from factory they were usually set to 55.

​​
​​​​​​

Bonnet switches are a pain at times.

Jay kay 31 July 2017 09:52 AM

I need an alarm on mine. Was thinking Clifford but interested to hear experiences

markb_s1 31 July 2017 10:27 AM

I'm not sure why anyone would want to post on a public forum which alarm they have (unless live the OP you're looking for some assistance!)

Smithys STI 31 July 2017 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by markb_s1 (Post 11956628)
I'm not sure why anyone would want to post on a public forum which alarm they have (unless live the OP you're looking for some assistance!)

uk blobs all came with sigma alarms so it's common knowledge anyway

john_d 09 September 2017 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Smithys STI (Post 11956615)
Then *38
then
#
1 flash = ignition
2 flashes = door trigger
16 flashes = ultrasonics
​​
​​​​​​

tried this but didnt get any flashes :confused:

R666ORY+1 09 September 2017 05:05 PM

2 x King Boxer dogs, alarmed gate system, movement activated lights that turn out a ridiculous lux x lums, Gravel drive. Oh and then some silly alarm & immobiliser or something. Then a few fire arms 😂👍🏼!