ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Interior (https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-15/)
-   -   PSI3 ECU Data Monitor Reset? (https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-15/1048970-psi3-ecu-data-monitor-reset.html)

NotCarlsson 30 July 2017 10:41 AM

PSI3 ECU Data Monitor Reset?

Hello, I got my first subaru yesterday. And i'm having a blast, how ever I were going to the store today. And all of the sudden my ECU Data Monitor decided to change language. I've been searching but I had no luck, is there a way to reset it back to orgianl english ?

It's hard to navigate in the menu when I don't understand the language.

Gambit 31 July 2017 04:27 PM

did it change language or is it just the screen/display just went weird? they fail with heat and look like some foreign language like hieroglyphics!

NotCarlsson 31 July 2017 05:54 PM

It did look very much like japanse to me. Even google translate thought it were Japanse. How ever, it changed back the next day. And it seems to be working now.

Gambit 31 July 2017 10:37 PM

Yeah its caused by heat....is it a dash top mounted one? They suffer worst due to direct heat through windscreen.

Its dry joints that expand & contract eventuay itll just fail permanently and show characters

ZANY 01 August 2017 09:35 AM

I had same issue when I had one and the wires were loose in the connector that plugs in the back of the unit never had any issues after I sorted that

NotCarlsson 04 August 2017 10:48 PM

I'll have to check the connectors. As it normally don't get hat hot in sweden.

NotCarlsson 06 August 2017 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 11956785)
I had same issue when I had one and the wires were loose in the connector that plugs in the back of the unit never had any issues after I sorted that

This might be a noob question. But how do I remove the unit?
I'd assume it's the screw to the far left and the far right. As the screews in the middle seems to be holding the the whole unit?

ZANY 06 August 2017 02:23 PM

Where has it been placed ? Any pics it's not from the front they are usually held in where the stereo is
or the top dash mount in a single din Type thingie

NotCarlsson 06 August 2017 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's a top mounted one. I know nothing about subarus.
Only had BMW's my enitre life.

Large image.

Spoiler

ZANY 06 August 2017 03:02 PM

Looks like 2 screws behind them tabs then the pod needs to come off if not it maybe s full unit
Yours is on a classic mine was a newage
Carefully take the plastic pod off the top start from front nice and easy once off you'll see the plug and everything else

Also you could check your obd side plug it's under the footwell
My wires were loose behind the unit

NotCarlsson 06 August 2017 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 11957721)
Looks like 2 screws behind them tabs then the pod needs to come off if not it maybe s full unit
Yours is on a classic mine was a newage
Carefully take the plastic pod off the top start from front nice and easy once off you'll see the plug and everything else

Also you could check your obd side plug it's under the footwell
My wires were loose behind the unit

Cheers, I'll check the two pods.
I did check the OBD2 connection. It's not there, if I get random characters I can just give the unit a love tap and it would go back to normal. I'd assume If there is a loose connection it would be behind the unit.