ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Sign in for lurkers and old members/ sneaky peekers. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1048711-sign-in-for-lurkers-and-old-members-sneaky-peekers.html)

ditchmyster 17 July 2017 09:46 AM

Sign in for lurkers and old members/ sneaky peekers.

Ok having just seen a few of the 'Old guard' sign in to complain about Orange membership and talk of the site dying, thought it was about time we had a head count to see who just can't stay away.

So come on guys and gals, let's see how many of you are still alive and can't resist the odd peek from time to time, don't be shy. :)

PRO-DRIVE 17 July 2017 09:55 AM

This site needs a total revamp.

JackClark 17 July 2017 11:02 AM

I'm an old member, senior apparently.

Have battle scars
Infractions: 0/2 (4)

Blue by You 17 July 2017 11:10 AM

After 10 years with the marque I sold my scoob about 4 weeks ago and no plans to have another, been there and done it you might say.
I still like to drop in and a look through the 'alternative' discussions that pop up from time to time.

Wurzel 17 July 2017 11:29 AM

I am still here and still have the same scoob after 17 years. I login on a daily basis to see if anything exciting has happended but alas there never is, we used to get interesting stories to read like the guy who tried to get rid of a wasp nest under his lawn etc. but now there is never anything interesting to read and topics stay on page one for days not instead of hours. Also some forums haven't had any posts in them for months.

I lost my orange status last week.

BrownPantsRacing 17 July 2017 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Blue by You (Post 11953848)
After 10 years with the marque I sold my scoob about 4 weeks ago and no plans to have another, been there and done it you might say.
I still like to drop in and a look through the 'alternative' discussions that pop up from time to time.

Sorry to hear that you've finally pealed away from your Subaru. End of an era.

kingofturds 17 July 2017 02:08 PM

I still log in from time to time. Really though this site has been irrelevant for a few years now. It is not helped by the fact that the only people who have stayed around, seem to hate subarus and slag off new members.

Blue by You 17 July 2017 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 11953859)
Sorry to hear that you've finally pealed away from your Subaru. End of an era.

Nothing lasts forever, especially badly built forged 2.5's :D

joz8968 17 July 2017 02:33 PM

lol

BLU 17 July 2017 02:41 PM

Still peek every now and then. :D

After 11 years of Subaru ownership I sold my Prodrive last year and my project car earlier on this year. My wife also sold hers on and neither of us have plans to get another.

BrownPantsRacing 17 July 2017 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by BLU (Post 11953893)
Still peek every now and then. :D

After 11 years of Subaru ownership I sold my Prodrive last year and my project car earlier on this year. My wife also sold hers on and neither of us have plans to get another.

That's a shame too. I was waiting for an update on project yellow.

jaygsi 17 July 2017 02:50 PM

I'm still here, and don't plan on going any where. If anything want another scooby lol

the shreksta 17 July 2017 03:33 PM

im sneaking around as im looking to buy another scoob in a few months once my new house is built BUT the lure of a f10 m5 is so very very tempting...............

the shreksta 17 July 2017 03:34 PM

havent seen any abuse from fat thomas yet...........is he still around?

jaygsi 17 July 2017 04:26 PM

Shhhhh don't say it out loud.

Originally Posted by the shreksta
havent seen any abuse from fat thomas yet...........is he still around?

bustaMOVEs 17 July 2017 04:53 PM

I'm still lurking hoping for some good topics, but unfortunately there never is, I'm getting less and less on here now tbf, I have no plans to sell my subaru anytime soon.

B9SLJ 17 July 2017 07:40 PM

I'm on here weekly seeing what's for sale and any interesting topics

ditchmyster 17 July 2017 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11953916)
I'm still lurking hoping for some good topics, but unfortunately there never is, I'm getting less and less on here now tbf, I have no plans to sell my subaru anytime soon.

Kiss of death / famous last words. :lol1:

nortonscooby 17 July 2017 09:12 PM

Not sure if i count but been here since 2009. Had a classic then a bug uk300 in 2010. Sold that for a civic type r in march 2011. Sold civic in april 2011 and had my uk300 back. Sold it again in 2013 cause the we needed cheaper car to run so had a leon cupra r for about 7 months(nothing but trouble) had my blobeye since 2014 and love it and no plans to move on. Still love the subaru's even tho the times have changed and all my local meets and forum's have folded. Car still turns heads and couldnt replace the looks and performace if i sold up. Yes many have been chaved up and many more broken for parts but didnt the likes of the cosworths and rs turbo's? I plan on keeping my blobeye and enjoying many years to come.

Brun 17 July 2017 11:30 PM

I'm still hanging onto to the hope it gets lively again but I guess the writings on the wall. Not had a Subaru since 2007 but can't be arsed with pastures new :thumb:

AudiMan 18 July 2017 10:37 AM

Moved on from the Scooby world after the modded hatch - which was never what it should have been, after that non of the newer cars really interested me, plus the chocolate pistons was always an issue.
Anyway - I just pop by every now and then to look at the rubbish some people spout - and to laugh at what a sad site SN has become. Shame - was a good place for info and help years back, now its just full of idiots and keyboard warriors :(

jaygsi 18 July 2017 11:11 AM

Most of the idiots and keyboard warriors have gone now, which is good, site seems to have charmed down in that respect.

Dr Hu 18 July 2017 11:27 AM

Still check in most days - mainly lurker, not poster - only ever look in NSR - don't venture anywhere else - I like the topics on here, finger on the pulse of the internet - but its not a patch on what it used to be - it used to be a full time job keeping up with threads back in the day - hahaha

I actually joined in 2004 but lost my first account - seem to remember the site changing drastically at some point??? back in the mists.....

Had a 99MY WRX hatch, then a 2003 WRX Blob (missed out the fugly one in the middle ;)) - not got either now.... still miss them

The 99my was a bit more brutal, the 2003 was much more refined.....

Jay m A 18 July 2017 02:47 PM

Hardly on here anymore, just when selling subaru parts. I've still got an impreza - the last one owned since 2004. Its not a daily driver anymore, I chug around in an old Landcriuser now but do drive the impreza to all sprint and hillclimb events - keeping it real in the MSA roadgoing class...

This place was great back in the day when enthusiast forums were in their infancy, I've met many friends through here that have all moved on from the site yet we still keep in touch.

Like many I'm sure - I still check in NSR for old times sake every now and then

jaygsi 18 July 2017 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Hu (Post 11954070)
I actually joined in 2004 but lost my first account - seem to remember the site changing drastically at some point??? back in the mists.....

Dr Hu 18 July 2017 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11954131)

Sorry I meant 1994!- DOH!

NOSSY_89 18 July 2017 03:25 PM

Not sure if I would be classed as an old member but I am addicted to scoobys. Not the most logical of car choices now but it was either that or a drug addiction jk.

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11954064)
Most of the idiots and keyboard warriors have gone now, which is good, site seems to have charmed down in that respect.

Mate you should buy this site, it needs to be enthusiast run :thumb:

NOSSY_89 18 July 2017 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Hu (Post 11954142)

No way :eek:

Didn't know the site was around back then. Hardly anyone had internet back then

joz8968 18 July 2017 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jay m A
....I've still got an impreza - the last one owned since 2004. Its not a daily driver anymore .... but do drive the impreza to all sprint and hillclimb events - keeping it real in the MSA roadgoing class....

Is it still your 400bhp pre-facelift Classic competition car?

lozgti1 18 July 2017 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Hu (Post 11954142)

I lost my first account too. Originally joined in 2004. Blimey 13 years ago!!