ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   Anybody used Andrew Carr ECULABS (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/1048099-anybody-used-andrew-carr-eculabs.html)

Mgerrie147 17 June 2017 07:56 PM

Anybody used Andrew Carr ECULABS

Hi,

Have any of you guys had decent results with ECULABS?

Regards

Matthew

B9SLJ 17 June 2017 10:52 PM

I've used Andrew Carr but carberry rom on mine, he's a very good mapper.

bludgod 19 June 2017 08:43 AM

yes done quite a few cars with ECUlabs and had great results on all of them - much easier to fine tune when you can quickly update the tables without having to turn the car off/on again each time.

taylor85 19 June 2017 03:06 PM

ive used eculabs but not from him (got it direct) was a great set up

Mgerrie147 19 June 2017 09:40 PM

cheers guys

Mark10sti 22 June 2017 07:11 PM

Really can't fault Andy or ecu labs, I have it on my forged 2.5 in the hawk, as not many ecu's did fly by wire until I can get a syvecs that is, and I am finding it very good indeed, got 520 with ease @1.7 bar

taylor85 23 June 2017 09:18 AM

if you can read french or have somone that can, Its easy getting one direct from suppliers. Its a exchange basis or it used to be.

I purchased a y7 ecu off ebay for about 15 quid, and just sent that.. didnt even look at the package just changed label!

Less than a week later i got the new ecu (had a nice sticker on it) , a cable, and some printed off sheets where to get the map software. I then gave it all to my mate who is a respected VW/Audi mapper and he did his work.

He did say it was a very simple system, the extras are worth it. At the time i wish i purchased them but i think you can "add" on later.

bludgod 23 June 2017 02:29 PM

you don't need to speak french, Emmanuels english is spot on and yes you can add features on later if needed.

Mark10sti are you running antilag on your hawk? May not have been available when you got yours setup the first time but it's out now I'm sure Andy could get it added on for you.

taylor85 23 June 2017 04:04 PM

this was 3 years ago, i ordered off a badly worded website

Mgerrie147 23 June 2017 10:14 PM

Cheers guys,

Just trying to get booked in with Andrew Carr, he is so busy lol!

Getting ECULABS Speed Density and Launch Control,

Currently on 2.5 MDX321T at 1.3 Bar, can't wait to get Speed Density so I
can hit 1.6 Bar safely, adding 20% Bio-Ethanol to get a few extra degrees of timing haaa!

Car must be running rich currently on opensource, as put 10% in unmapped and still get AFR of 11.8 flat!

Regards

Matthew

->K1 24 June 2017 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by taylor85 (Post 11948585)
if you can read french or have somone that can, Its easy getting one direct from suppliers. Its a exchange basis or it used to be.

I purchased a y7 ecu off ebay for about 15 quid, and just sent that.. didnt even look at the package just changed label!

Less than a week later i got the new ecu (had a nice sticker on it) , a cable, and some printed off sheets where to get the map software. I then gave it all to my mate who is a respected VW/Audi mapper and he did his work.

He did say it was a very simple system, the extras are worth it. At the time i wish i purchased them but i think you can "add" on later.

have received mine without stickers cable or printed off sheets.. waht kind of cable did you received?

Mgerrie147 24 June 2017 11:00 PM

Getting it of Andrew Carr not seen it yet