ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   **HELP** How to break into a car and get it started. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1048073-help-how-to-break-into-a-car-and-get-it-started.html)

timmy2take 15 June 2017 07:10 PM

**HELP** How to break into a car and get it started.

I've got a ****ty £100 Corsa runabout one of the first models.

I'm planning to get a crow bar and prize the door open,

but once in how do I get it started? Hopefully the steering lock isn't on. If it is, can I bypass it?

I've been quoted £200+Vat for a new key. With the car being worth £100, it's not worth it, and I've got another half decent car. So I'm planning on getting it started and driving to the scrap yard, as it's in a public place and I can't leave it there.

bustaMOVEs 15 June 2017 08:27 PM

Philips screwdriver, prise the lock until it opens (it's going to damage it), once in, snap the steering lock with brut force and then remove steering cowling cover, at the ignition barrel get the Philips screwdriver and wedge it at the metal and black plastic barrel which has wires connected to it, once apart then put screw driver or any form of key in the plastic barrel to start etc.

wrx300scooby 15 June 2017 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by timmy2take (Post 11947153)
I've got a ****ty £100 Corsa runabout one of the first models.

I'm planning to get a crow bar and prize the door open,

but once in how do I get it started? Hopefully the steering lock isn't on. If it is, can I bypass it?

I've been quoted £200+Vat for a new key. With the car being worth £100, it's not worth it, and I've got another half decent car. So I'm planning on getting it started and driving to the scrap yard, as it's in a public place and I can't leave it there.

Have a chat with a spotty faced hoody type youth:lol1:
Sorry for not being much help timmy

madman69 15 June 2017 08:53 PM

you can turn ignition on by taking hazard switch out turn it round and plug back in and bump start

Smithys STI 15 June 2017 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by madman69 (Post 11947167)
you can turn ignition on by taking hazard switch out turn it round and plug back in and bump start

seriously??

Pross 15 June 2017 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by madman69 (Post 11947167)

I thought that was the old nova?

gazney101 15 June 2017 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pross (Post 11947170)
I thought that was the old nova?

yeah it was, id love to know how anyone found that out in the first place lol

johned 15 June 2017 09:19 PM

Interesting.

ALi-B 15 June 2017 09:35 PM

What year?

Post 1996 is chip in key

Game over unless you want to find someone to reprogram immobilizer to recognize a new key

timmy2take 16 June 2017 06:45 AM

It was a 99. I'm pretty sure it was just a bog standard key

it's automatic as well!

going to ring some scrap yards to see if they'll pick it up this morning.

madman69 16 June 2017 07:39 PM

I only know cos some little f..r stole mine years ago and that's what they did snapped steering lock did switch and bumped it and off they went

madman69 16 June 2017 07:39 PM

what the tossers didn't know there was about 50 pence worth of fuel in it so didn't get far

ALi-B 16 June 2017 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by timmy2take (Post 11947217)
It was a 99. I'm pretty sure it was just a bog standard key

it's automatic as well!

going to ring some scrap yards to see if they'll pick it up this morning.

Defo chip in key as it became a mandatory requirement for all new vehicles to have a thatcham rated immobiliser from 1997 onwards;

It's a little rectangle block that pushes in just above the key blade. Plain key, no remote, just like the classic UK spec scoobs.