ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   may weather vs mcgregor..finally (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1048067-may-weather-vs-mcgregor-finally.html)

asht88 14 June 2017 11:06 PM

may weather vs mcgregor..finally

may weather gonna smash him:sleep:

elgassi 14 June 2017 11:09 PM

looks as though it's going to happen in Vegas on August 26th
Money talks ! :idea:
it's got to be a cake walk for Mayweather......hasn't it :freak3: :freak3:

TheAngryFerret 14 June 2017 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by elgassi (Post 11946998)
looks as though it's going to happen in Vegas on August 26th
Money talks ! :idea:
it's got to be a cake walk for Mayweather......hasn't it :freak3: :freak3:

Mayweather has to win in the first round, anything else will not be enough. If it was the other way around and an MMA fight then he wouldnt last 30 seconds.

urban 15 June 2017 08:23 AM

I think Mayweather will batter him. I don't want it to be over early either. Prolonged battering and hopefully McGregor's corner throw in the towel.

An0n0m0us 15 June 2017 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 11947020)
I think Mayweather will batter him. I don't want it to be over early either. Prolonged battering and hopefully McGregor's corner throw in the towel.

Lol that's the best way, a prolonged battering. That's exactly what I hope happens to that utter tw4t Fury if and when he meets Joshua.

stevebt 15 June 2017 10:35 AM

Mayweather must have an easy win here, if it was mma yeah no chance but boxing its Mayweathers fight :)

Yellow R 15 June 2017 10:46 AM

Mayweather FTW #BigPayDay

ditchmyster 15 June 2017 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 11947051)
Lol that's the best way, a prolonged battering. That's exactly what I hope happens to that utter tw4t Fury if and when he meets Joshua.

As much as I hate to say it... I think Fury could well put Joshua to sleep.

As for Mayweather.. I think he's ripe for the taking and we could see a nasty upset early on... might even stick a few quid on both Tyson and Mcgregor. ;)

yabbadoo4 15 June 2017 12:00 PM

i dont think it will be an early finish. thats not how mayweather fights. he doesnt finish guys quickly he wears them down. and he knows anyone can land a lucky punch in the early rounds. he will stay focused and technical and take him in the later rounds unless mcgregors mouth gets to him and he charges in at the bell like jose aldo did, but i doubt it.

RAGGY DOO 15 June 2017 01:04 PM

Pillow fisted old man mayweather hasn't knocked anyone out since Ricky Hatton in 2007
Can't really count the sucker punch on Ortiz in 2009
Easy money for Connor
Chase floyd around the ring for 12 rounds whilst gayweather is pot shotting , Connor won't have a mark on his body after 12 rounds takes a loss and his 100 million

Hoping Conor lands a clean left and sends gayweather into permanent retirement

The Dogs B******s 15 June 2017 03:34 PM

It's all bullsh1t, just to make two rich men richer.

urban 15 June 2017 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s (Post 11947112)
It's all bullsh1t, just to make two rich men richer.

Yes, quite possibly.

However, they are both pricks, but McGregor is a bigger/louder prick who needs a good sound beating.

Peedee 15 June 2017 05:28 PM

What's the actual point in this? McGregor isn't a boxer and Mayweather isn't an MMA fighter? They're both rich as anything so it's not for the money. Am I missing something?

RAGGY DOO 15 June 2017 05:42 PM

money that's what it's all about nothi g else I won't be buying it on Ppv a totally pointless match up

Wull 15 June 2017 06:03 PM

It all stems from FMW spouting **** about Ronda Rousey when she was at the top of her game, tit for tat, one says one thing, the other responds.

Here's my tuppence.......

First and foremost, Conor has a punchers chance, anyone can get knocked out, all it takes is one punch to land but it needs to land, that's the biggest problem here because......Floyd is technically and defensively the best boxer on the planet - EVER. Nobody comes close.

Conor can't outbox Floyd so he'll have to look for that knockout and he will try, I don't think he'll just **** about looking for the payday, fact is he's got a chance and he'll give it everything. Problem will be his own defence, he has a similar style to the likes of Calzaghe, Roy Jones Jnr etc where he drops the lead hand so he could be open to a lot of shots. I don't think Floyd has the power to really hurt Conor but if he consistently hits him and wears him down then it may happen.

How's his conditioning for 3 min rounds? Constantly working, there will be no rest bite against a boxer especially one as good as Floyd.

Will Floyd be ring ready, a bit rusty? I remember when he came back after retirement and fought JMM iirc and absolutely schooled him. JMM is a great counter puncher who can be devastating, just ask Manny :freak3:

Conor can let his hands go very well, he throws good punches from all angles, better than the likes of Pacman who was more straight down the pipe jab jab straight left. If Pacman tried to work his way in for a hook he'd get all out of shape. But Manny could lead with a right hook sometimes that worked, strange and looked awkward which he'd sometimes follow with the straight left.

Then there's the age, will that work in Conor's favour? Who knows, we'll just have to wait and see.

Who gives two ****s whether it's a joke or not, it's happening that's it. I'm buzzing for it, regardless of who wins I don't care.

4 years ago Conor was cashing welfare cheques and now he'll be cashing in 100 million :thumb: he gets my congrats that's for sure regardless of what happens. Not many folk can sell fights like he can and make fights like this happen.

debbiesonic 15 June 2017 06:17 PM

Agree it's purely a money maker for both of them. But iirc McGregor started out as a boxer before he was ever in mma. So it may not be as one sided as it would seem.
Mayweather's going to be on the defensive to avoid any surprise humiliation upset, even if he goes on the attack McGregor seems to be a master of ducking & weaving, that along with his gung ho nature might just make things interesting.
I wouldn't be surprised if it lasts the distance and ends up a points decision.

urban 15 June 2017 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Wull (Post 11947139)

How's his conditioning for 3 min rounds? Constantly working, there will be no rest bite against a boxer especially one as good as Floyd.

I think given Mayweather has been out of the game for sometime, we could question his conditioning also.

Regardless though, I'm looking forward to watching it.

Wull 15 June 2017 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 11947144)
I think given Mayweather has been out of the game for sometime, we could question his conditioning also.

Regardless though, I'm looking forward to watching it.

Yeah definitely, my comment about age was aimed at Floyds fitness levels as well.

PT82 15 June 2017 06:38 PM

The pre fight trash talk press will be epic! I'm looking forward to that more than the fight lol

RAGGY DOO 15 June 2017 09:01 PM

You'll do nauthin lol

gazzawrx 16 June 2017 07:11 AM

Mcgregor was a boxer before he went into mma, as much as i want mcgregor to hand mayweather his arse i doubt itll happen, mcgregor isnt conditioned and trained to fight 12 rounds any more so really its mayweathers house. That said mcgregor can take a beating so may just hold his own in there.

The Joshua Tree 16 June 2017 02:49 PM

This fight is a joke to be honest, i can tell you how it will go even before they fight. McGregor will be tentative in the first few rounds, Floyd will out box him from the off, McGregor will eventually try and come forward but will get countered by Mayweather.

McGregor will continue to try and land a meaningful blow but Mayweather will be far too ring savvy for him, he'll counter him all night long and dominate the fight.

ditchmyster 16 June 2017 08:41 PM

I think if mcgregor ruff houses him he's in with a good chance, but he's going to have to go for it from the off, first 3/4 rounds then it's Mayweathers fight until the 8th round when Mcgregor will get his 2nd wind and things might get interesting for a couple of rounds.

Quite looking forward to it.

RAGGY DOO 16 June 2017 08:50 PM

Connor needs put it on him like madina did in both fight rough it up
Gayweather is 40 Father Time ain't on his side
But it should be a boring glorified sparring session unless Conor down on all cards goes into 12 th and axe kicks gayweather and ends him there and then

asht88 20 July 2017 03:53 PM

jesus these stand offs have been hilarious

who does mgregor think he is, going to get knocked the F out

urban 20 July 2017 03:59 PM

Don't know if he'll knock McGregor out, but would be nice to see.
I do think he'll punish him though with those body shots of his.

Ultimate goal - McGregors corner to throw the towel in, and shut the cock up

pimmo2000 30 July 2017 09:03 AM

Conor is fast, he can't outbox him, but he can probably avoid him and lets give the guy credit, he's got a solid hook.

Be an interesting fight

Petem95 30 July 2017 09:55 AM

Not into boxing at all, however there is no doubt this is quite an intriguing spectacle!

Having watched some videos on YouTube Mayweather seems to reply on razor sharp reactions to dart and duck and just basically avoids getting hit. At 40 his reactions won't be what they were, but unless McGregor gets lucky and connects with a few big punches then there's no way he'll win.

It's like Vettel saying he'll race Rossi in Motto GP. Ok they're both used to racing on a circuit, and maybe Rossi is past his best - but you'd obviously put your money on Rossi every time.

pimmo2000 30 July 2017 10:01 AM

I'm not impressed with either of them to be honest, they're both only little :)

Now this guy I'd put my money on :)

Petem95 30 July 2017 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 11956438)
Now this guy I'd put my money on :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKTUgs8zI78

That could be straight out of a movie with his Italian-American/NY trainer "it's good, but it's not perfect" :lol1:

I know Tyson has done some stupid sh1t in the past, but I find I actually have quite a lot of time for the guy. He comes across as surprisingly humble.