ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   brake Pads (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1047715-brake-pads.html)

chester66 28 May 2017 08:01 PM

brake Pads

my brake Pads are on the wrong side how can I tell with one are should go in back and front pads can you help

Smithys STI 28 May 2017 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by chester66 (Post 11943029)
my brake Pads are on the wrong side how can I tell with one are should go in back and front pads can you help

maybe if your question made sense you might get an answer...

Steve001 28 May 2017 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by chester66 (Post 11943029)

If you KNOW your brake pads are on the wrong side, surely you know the answer to your question. As above your question makes no sense??

NOSSY_89 29 May 2017 03:43 PM

Hi mate what car and are they stock or after market calipers

wrx300scooby 29 May 2017 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by chester66 (Post 11943218)
well here for u dum f my brake Pads where Put on wrong ok ok got it now there a front Pads ok L&R But they all got mixs up so mufflerman said to find out the right side ok But there know marking telling you this Lol if don't know then shot up thanks for know help at all

:wonder:

Smithys STI 29 May 2017 06:01 PM

Calling us dumb but cant even spell dumb...:cuckoo:

nikon-man 29 May 2017 06:26 PM

can you give us a bit more to go on as in are they brembos or standard calipers etc

Smithys STI 29 May 2017 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by chester66 (Post 11943232)
LIKE I SAD YOU CANT HELP SO **** OFF OK IF YOU DONT KNOW BRAKE PADS THEN YOUR KNOW DAM GOOD TO ME AT ALL .AND SO YOU KNOW THE PADS WHERE PUT ON WRONG AND THERES KNOW WAY OF KNOWING NOW HOW THEY WHERE WHEN THEY CAME OFF THE CAR DONT WRITE BACK OK YOUR KNOW GOOD TO ME THANKS

look my friend...I have been a subaru main dealer mechanic for the last 13 years so I think I know how a set of brake pads fit!
if you explain a bit better what you are actually trying to find out and as above tell us what brakes you have on your car I'm sure we can help.
being abusive is not going to make pepole want to help you.

Smithys STI 29 May 2017 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by chester66 (Post 11943243)
ya sorry just pist off .ok I went to mufflerman and they told me my front brake Pads are on wrong ok and that I need to change them around is best I can tell you sir I was asking if its ok to drive like that cuz there no marking on pads to tell the L side and R side Cuz they look same and yes I cant speel good just hoping someone knows wet I trying to say thanks for understanding sir

on standard calipers there is a piece of thin metal on the inner pad which Is designed to come in to contact with the disc and make a noise when the pads are low...maybe they mean your pads have this on the outer pad??
if that's the case it isn't really going to cause a problem.

bustaMOVEs 29 May 2017 07:22 PM

Eh???
You can't really get the pads on wrong way round, there are 4 pieces for the front which are all the same design so they should only fit in 1 way.
Same as rears but fronts and rears are a totally different size.

wrx300scooby 30 May 2017 11:18 PM

Did you sort the pads out Chester?