ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   RIP Roger moore (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1047583-rip-roger-moore.html)

Tidgy 23 May 2017 02:38 PM

RIP Roger moore

Just been reported roger moore has lost his battle with cancer :(

Not a good week so far :(

stealthbomber 23 May 2017 03:12 PM

Rip Sir Roger, gave a young boy growing up some great Bond moments, thank you.

PT82 23 May 2017 03:16 PM

Oh no, RIP.
Love The Pursuaders. Great onscreen chemistry with Tony Curtis. Watch re runs when I visit the parents still!

Matty81 23 May 2017 03:39 PM

RIP roger Moore. Not my favourite bond, but the first one I remember as a kid.

Blue by You 23 May 2017 04:17 PM

RIP Bond. I will raise an eyebrow to you Sir.

JTaylor 23 May 2017 04:27 PM

I was shaken by this news.

stilover 23 May 2017 04:27 PM

Pre-Daniel Craig, the best James Bond.

alcazar 23 May 2017 04:33 PM

I used to like him in Ivanhoe too.

sivo 23 May 2017 05:32 PM

Legend :notworthy

R.I.P Sir Roger Moore

The only bond with a twinkle in his eye and an old school humor that will live with us forever in his films.

The scene with the lotus esprit coming out of the water was mesmerizing , i think i was about 7 at the time watching it at the pictures !

I will raise a glass to you Sir :thumb:

Siv

MOTORS S GT 23 May 2017 06:22 PM

R.I.P Sir Roger Moore.

Stayed at a hotel in Chester last year & came down to breakfast with the Sir Roger & his wife at the next table, no airs & graces, chatted to anyone & everyone, a gent of the old school.

jazzyjembreaze 23 May 2017 08:17 PM

He had said in a interview last year on Radio 2 all his old friends had passed & he was the only one left .
RiP sir ,

Best quote / there's no point in goin out half cocked

wrx300scooby 23 May 2017 08:21 PM

RIP. Iconic performer of his time.

dpb 23 May 2017 08:43 PM

How many facelifts did he survive ?

joz8968 23 May 2017 08:47 PM

Aww damn.

I loved the way he went through life with a knowing nod and a wink. A real character.

When I hear his name these days, I always think of this affectionate Jack Dee skit:

14:30-15:30

lozgti1 23 May 2017 09:06 PM

I know he was a cheesy Bond. But I grew up with and loved those films too! Suppose I didn't think they were cheesy as a kid. lol Yes,some memorable moments.

RIP

An0n0m0us 23 May 2017 10:28 PM

My first memories of him as a child were from watching The Saint, absolutely loved that as a kid. Then thought he was great as Bond.

RIP Sir Roger you gave so many happy childhood memories watching you on TV :notworthy

alcazar 24 May 2017 09:42 AM

The story goes that a man was with his grandson one day in London, when the child insisted that "a man over there is famous".

After being pestered for a while, the manwent and asked Roger Moore for his autograph, duly given with a smile.
But, of course, the grandson was disappointed as it was "the wrong name".
He then approached roger and asked him why he hadn't signed as James Bond.
Roger beckoned him close, and told him that the couldn't put his real name as "Blofeld's spies are everywhere."

One delighted grandson.

joz8968 24 May 2017 06:59 PM

Brilliant! The wit of the man.

Fabioso 25 May 2017 08:36 PM

It's funny how history and reputation defines your "opinion". I was may be born a little too early to see Roger Moore as the "definitive" Bond but I understand why people who grew up with him recognise his talent.

It was a different interpretation on the character from the actors that had gone before and I have to say he was very good at delivering that. I think he is the first James Bond actor to die and probably the first Bond that got me interested in cars.....that White Lotus Esprit..........:luvlove:

RIP Roger....as you said yourself you were one "lucky *******" and I am sure you made the best of your opportunities! :thumb: