ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Few days to new telephone! (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/1047519-few-days-to-new-telephone.html)

lozgti1 20 May 2017 02:44 PM

Few days to new telephone!

One month battery life and just rings people ! No ancillary crap!

My new nokia should land in my pocket on the 24th (according to carphone warehouse:D ) Anyone else ordered one or the childrens apple phone or samsung one instead ? lol )

Happy days:) Oh my days. Normality is back:luxhello:

dpb 20 May 2017 04:49 PM

Something you can trust :thumb:

andy97 20 May 2017 06:54 PM

I'm spoilt for choice this year with Galaxy S8+ Note8 and LgV30 all available this year. I will wait till September/October before getting a dual SIM version

lozgti1 20 May 2017 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11941128)
Something you can trust :thumb:

lol.yup! Nothing complicated that does spreadsheets facerubbish,games for kids. Just a bloody fricking telephone. Ace:thumb:
.So happy normality is back:D

lozgti1 06 July 2017 11:19 PM

Still can't bloody get hold of one !

Well Nokia. Stuff you:razz:

jaygsi 06 July 2017 11:32 PM

Telephone lol don't we call them mobile phones.

stevebt 08 July 2017 08:49 AM

A normal phone is of no use to most of the population as phones are more than just making calls and txting. I remeber a few years ago I got a basic phone and thats all it was, i thought I would be ok with it but you actually need the sat nav and all the other crap that comes with modern phunes plus I usually read the paper on my phone at work now.

andy97 12 July 2017 07:33 PM

My new Samsung S8 plus is very good. I bought a Hong Kong version with dual Sims or one sim and extra SD card.
My phone is the upgraded version with 6gb or ram and 128gb standard internal ram+my SD card. The display is fantastic, crisp, super bright, superb quick camera. Plenty of volume from speaker. Lighting quick and lasts a complete day with decent usage and 20% battery left often. I see the note 8 will have same specifications plus a pen so I feel I've got a good one

scotty boy 80 12 July 2017 07:52 PM

Sony for the last 5 years currently on z5 don't think I'd have anything else now

fawor 12 July 2017 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by andy97 (Post 11953022)
My new Samsung S8 plus is very good. I bought a Hong Kong version with dual Sims or one sim and extra SD card.
My phone is the upgraded version with 6gb or ram and 128gb standard internal ram+my SD card. The display is fantastic, crisp, super bright, superb quick camera. Plenty of volume from speaker. Lighting quick and lasts a complete day with decent usage and 20% battery left often. I see the note 8 will have same specifications plus a pen so I feel I've got a good one

s8 plus camera is crap, note 8 camera will be dual with optical zoom and that will be my next phone after s8+

lozgti1 14 July 2017 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by stevebt (Post 11952147)
A normal phone is of no use to most of the population as phones are more than just making calls and txting. I remeber a few years ago I got a basic phone and thats all it was, i thought I would be ok with it but you actually need the sat nav and all the other crap that comes with modern phunes plus I usually read the paper on my phone at work now.

But I've got sat nav in the car

And you shouldn't be reading the paper at work ;) lol

andy97 14 July 2017 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by fawor (Post 11953041)
s8 plus camera is crap, note 8 camera will be dual with optical zoom and that will be my next phone after s8+

That's pretty harsh considering that the s7 edge was rated as the best camera last year and the S8 has improved image stabilisation low light and detail compared to the S7. So I would say the camera is outstanding. As with anything next model has improved so dual lenses is a step forward.

lozgti1 14 July 2017 10:33 PM

Have to say, utterly amazed with my brother's latest iphone 'come to life pictures'. Presume Samsung does the same ?

Was like something from a sci-fi film. Amazing

JackClark 15 July 2017 08:55 AM

I'm sure Samsung can do something 'similar' but I doubt it will be as well supported by Facebook and the like.

andy97 15 July 2017 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11953471)
I'm sure Samsung can do something 'similar' but I doubt it will be as well supported by Facebook and the like.

They do motion photos, don't use it. Google photos allows use of these short video clips. Facebook isn't truly compatible, even apple can only share with apple devices.

It's always been the case that apple users are constantly taking photos of themselves

JackClark 15 July 2017 05:28 PM

It is true that Apple invented the selfie, without them you'd be looking at buttons and not your pretty faces.

lozgti1 15 July 2017 10:13 PM

lol. The vanity pic.

My Nokia has arrived ! looks ace. Just waiting for thing to convert my nano sim to micro

One month battery life.Joy. The big boys on the smart phone front need to seriously address the one day rubbish battery life :thumb: The techie that solves that should get a big rise

JackClark 16 July 2017 03:06 PM

lozgti1 16 July 2017 05:23 PM

lol.Is this how you make a 6620

BlkKnight 18 July 2017 08:46 AM

@ Jack, that's 10 minutes I'm not getting back

urban 18 July 2017 02:00 PM

WTF was the point of that video?

JackClark 18 July 2017 03:32 PM

Totally pointless but also entertaining, welcome to the Hydraulic Press Channel.