ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Andrew leech Alcatek contact (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/1047475-andrew-leech-alcatek-contact.html)

Cotterrell 18 May 2017 12:25 PM

Andrew leech Alcatek contact

Hi I sent my ecu in for a repair 8 weeks ago, 6 weeks later I got the ecu back and there was another fault so I sent the ecu back I rang Andy the day after I sent it he told me he has it on his desk and he was going to look at it straight away and told me to call back at 2 so I did and no answer and there has been no answer since I don't know what to do because it's my daily car and I have been borrowing a car for 2 months now, do I just forget about my ecu because it's getting to the point now that I'm thinking it will never come back and buy another one or just keep waiting. So I was just wondering if anyone on here has any contact details for him I would just drive up there but it's 3 hours away from me and I work everyday

Gooch89 18 May 2017 02:23 PM

From what I've heard, customer service from Alcatek is absolutely shocking, so I wouldn't plan on having it back anytime soon.

Spoken to a few people who have waited months on updates from them.

Tidgy 18 May 2017 02:30 PM

afraid as above, customer service is awefull

Dan_RA 18 May 2017 03:00 PM

He cant be dead cos ive just come off the phone to him lol

He is in development of some revisions for certain boards, so very busy. Advised him of this post for you.... however he doesn't do much social media or forum stuff so wouldn't have know otherwise.

Cotterrell 18 May 2017 03:03 PM

I no as I said he had it for 6 weeks with no contact then I got the ecu back and it was still faulty spoke to him 2 weeks ago and he said he has the ecu there and he was going to sort it that day and send it back I have tried phoning him about ten times every day since and no answer just don't know what I'm supposed to do because it's my daily driver and it's now been off road for nearly 2 months and obviously causing me lots of problems, said would anyone on here have an ecu for sale?

Cotterrell 18 May 2017 03:05 PM

Does anyone have a different contact number for him as I'm having no luck on this number 0333 123 7890. I just need to know what's happening really just wished he was honest with me and said look I'm really busy it's going to be a few weeks at least I no we're I stand and I wouldn't have to try and call him everyday

JamieJerkovic 18 May 2017 03:31 PM

This puts me off buying an Alcatek ecu second hand if needs update etc

Cotterrell 18 May 2017 03:44 PM

I bought mine new only 18 months ago and it's not an update it's a fault with injector drivers. They are a brilliant ecu just the customer service when you have a problem isn't the best to say the least

tom-r33 18 May 2017 03:52 PM

who is mapping the ecu?
can you get them to give him a call? he normally answers his phone to the tuners from what i've experienced

Cotterrell 18 May 2017 04:15 PM

Mark at TDR, he sent the ecu in the first time which took 6 weeks and came back still faulty and because mark was so busy I sent it back myself I have rang mark to get him to contact him but he is saying he can't get through to him either so I'm stuck just don't know what to do I have even contemplated breaking the car for parts and buying something else because this is just beyond a joke now

bustaMOVEs 18 May 2017 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dan_RA (Post 11940642)
He cant be dead cos ive just come off the phone to him lol

He is in development of some revisions for certain boards, so very busy. Advised him of this post for you.... however he doesn't do much social media or forum stuff so wouldn't have know otherwise.

Seems he only speaks to a chosen few, sod the rest. The rest is way more than his chosen few.

bustaMOVEs 18 May 2017 05:27 PM

So much money is being lost with Andy, I don't know any business man that would want to loose so much money, it's a great ecu and does everything necessary.
So many choose other ecus because of the hassle of unlocking ecu etc, he must be a millionaire to not bother, but then he would be retired if so lol.
Crazy!

RICHARD J 18 May 2017 07:55 PM

If you go through the right mapper things get sorted in a few weeks, when JGM did my update from Simtec to Alcatec it only took about two weeks but others took months or even never got done. The product is great but it's a joke how customer service is so lacking. I'd go for a Syvecs next time it's worth the extra to not have the hassle and possibly better.

bustaMOVEs 18 May 2017 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by RICHARD J (Post 11940703)
If you go through the right mapper things get sorted in a few weeks, when JGM did my update from Simtec to Alcatec it only took about two weeks but others took months or even never got done. The product is great but it's a joke how customer service is so lacking. I'd go for a Syvecs next time it's worth the extra to not have the hassle and possibly better.

And the customer service aftercare is second to none with syvecs. Best choice I made because I didn't want the alcatek drama so spent extra to be safer.
It's worth the extra for the time wasting and money lost waiting for andy to sort your stuff, so it's a no brainier when your faced with the mr leech sinarios, if mr leech was better with everyone then it probably would be a suitable choice for most.

ZANY 19 May 2017 06:46 AM

Must be an "Andrew" "Andy" thing... :D
I'll stop there and switch the lights off on my way out .,.

Cotterrell 19 May 2017 09:20 AM

I think my best bet is to buy another ecu because I can't even get in contact with him and I can't have the car off the road for much longer

trevsjwood 19 May 2017 09:59 AM

the number I have is 08701996299, it's a while since I used that number so don't know if it's still good.
Trev

Cotterrell 19 May 2017 10:50 AM

Ok thankyou il give it a go, I appreciate your help

The Rig 19 May 2017 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 11940750)

:luxhello:

Cotterrell 19 May 2017 12:48 PM

No luck on that number either! I really am in a pickle now looks like I'm walking 7 miles to work everyday from now on then!!!!

banny sti 19 May 2017 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 11940750)

How dare you talk about andy forrest like that, someone people worship him like a god! :lol1:

The Rig 19 May 2017 02:59 PM

Andy - forrest

Andy - ESL

Andy - Alcatek

Maybe they are one and the same people lol

Cotterrell 19 May 2017 03:10 PM

Does anyone have a second hand ecu they would like to sell me?

Cotterrell 19 May 2017 03:26 PM

Anyone have any views on simtek ecus?

trevsjwood 19 May 2017 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Cotterrell (Post 11940840)
Does anyone have a second hand ecu they would like to sell me?

what year car is it?
Trev

Cotterrell 19 May 2017 03:41 PM

1995. Thanks. Ben

bustaMOVEs 19 May 2017 07:22 PM

Well Charlie from syvecs is not on there :)

bustaMOVEs 19 May 2017 07:24 PM

I think simtek is an option as you get off Steve and I believe you can at least get hold of him, but I know a while back they had a regular bug in the software but unsure if that's been rectified or not, so I'm a bit wary of that.

P555SBR 21 May 2017 04:57 PM

This is the reason I sold mine I've changed to avcs and wasn't prepared to go through the same nightmare I had just to get a profile to map it first time round cut your loss mate and buy a simtek or if your feeling flush a syvecs it's the only ecu you will ever need

Cotterrell 21 May 2017 05:03 PM

I no I was thinking the same thing just a pain having to fork out the money again