ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Key price shock! (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/1047464-key-price-shock.html)

Paben 17 May 2017 06:26 PM

Key price shock!

I recently managed to break one of the Mercedes' keys (don't ask) and have just been quoted c£250 to replace it. Besides the cash I have to take the car to the dealer, along with the log book and proof that I'm me. Then they'll order it and it will arrive some days later. I won't lose another one in a hurry. Anyone else had a key replacement surprise?

Tidgy 17 May 2017 06:27 PM

new age key is £175 from subaru, so given its a merc not bad tbh

ZANY 17 May 2017 06:53 PM

Sorry to hear
Try this guy his names Craig at AUTO SOLOUTIONS does all German keys and more etc I used him for 2x Bentley keys for the golf he comes to you

His number is 07900600548 very nice gentleman to deal with hope you get it sorted :thumb:

dpb 17 May 2017 06:56 PM

jezus , almost anyone can afford a merc nowadays :(

Paben 17 May 2017 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11940473)
jezus , almost anyone can afford a merc nowadays :(

But not the key to make it go :lol1:

RAGGY DOO 17 May 2017 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11940464)
I recently managed to break one of the Mercedes' keys (don't ask) and have just been quoted c£250 to replace it. Besides the cash I have to take the car to the dealer, along with the log book and proof that I'm me. Then they'll order it and it will arrive some days later. I won't lose another one in a hurry. Anyone else had a key replacement surprise?

Made me day reading that

Paben 17 May 2017 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO (Post 11940494)
Made me day reading that

With your literacy ability I expect it took most of the day for you to read it :lol1:

RAGGY DOO 17 May 2017 09:21 PM

Another 150 to programme it and you will have made my year

SouthWalesSam 18 May 2017 12:35 PM

If you think that's expensive try buying electrical parts for an old Impreza from a Subaru main dealer!

urban 18 May 2017 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11940464)

When you say "broke it", you still have a key which used to work, and now doesn't?

If so, contact replacement Mercedes keys(In Birmingham), they'll sort you out.

Have used them for an older Mercedes I used to have, all done remotely as I'm in N.Ireland, and all sorted in a couple of days.

urban 18 May 2017 06:44 PM

Every body think Mercedes parts are really expensive, you Subaru boys would be very surprised.
My previous C63 - front discs/pads/sensor from Mercedes - £306
Just try to beat that for an STI from Subaru

ALi-B 19 May 2017 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 11940689)

If so, contact replacement Mercedes keys(In Birmingham), they'll sort you out.

Have used them for an older Mercedes I used to have, all done remotely as I'm in N.Ireland, and all sorted in a couple of days.

Used him a few times for dead ESI units, does the job, but he can be a bit full of himself as he preaches that he's the only guy out there, when actually there is a few people out there that can do Merc key coding (along with lots of other cars, including rectifying the dreaded sensotronic (SBC) error that tells you visit the workshop for a new £2k pump).

Can't Remember our usual guy's contact though and it's not in the phone :facepalm:

Either way to code a key to a car, it'll either need to be taken to the workshop to do it or have a mobile guy come round with the kit. Just a warning the replacement key maybe a non genuine copy/clone so maybe of lesser quality (buttons are more plasticky, harder to press etc).

Paben 20 May 2017 08:54 AM

Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately the key is badly damaged so needs replacing.

Paben 20 May 2017 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 11940691)
Every body think Mercedes parts are really expensive, you Subaru boys would be very surprised.
My previous C63 - front discs/pads/sensor from Mercedes - £306
Just try to beat that for an STI from Subaru

Very true. Many of the parts when forging an engine (Mahle pistons, Supertech valves etc) are less expensive than the standard Sti parts from Subaru, or they were when mine was done.

RAGGY DOO 20 May 2017 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11941022)
Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately the key is badly damaged so needs replacing.

Music to my ears

Paben 20 May 2017 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO (Post 11941047)
Music to my ears

I'm glad it brings pleasure to your otherwise sad and empty life. I'll keep you updated on any other misfortunes too so you can have a nice w@nk about them.:thumb:

Uncle Creepy 20 May 2017 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO (Post 11940494)
Made me day reading that

Given what you said the other day when asked if you'd driven your car this year (quoted below), I find it ironic that you'd rejoice in somebody else's car woes. Or maybe you're bitter because you've blown all your inheritance on a lemon that you've only ever driven twice. :p:lol1:

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO (Post 11939028)
Once this year still in for suspension work and other bits and bobs and have a running issue hope have it back in next few weeks

RAGGY DOO 20 May 2017 10:59 PM

Your obsessed with me following me around scoobynet like a dog with two dicks
I can afford to buy 10 subarus don't worry your pretty little creepy head about that son . Now as you were

Uncle Creepy 21 May 2017 12:08 AM

Great comeback, Reggie. You sure told me! :lol1:

Now, shouldn't you get to beddybyes - don't want you falling asleep in your Functional Skills English lesson in the morning. :D

RAGGY DOO 21 May 2017 01:34 AM

Cool story

ZANY 21 May 2017 07:28 AM

:D POPCORN ANY1 :D

urban 21 May 2017 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO (Post 11941184)
Your obsessed with me following me around scoobynet like a dog with two dicks
I can afford to buy 10 subarus don't worry your pretty little creepy head about that son . Now as you were

is the comma key broken on your keyboard?

Andycat 21 May 2017 09:23 PM

on this point just got a 03 sti Today only has 1 key/remote is it just a Subaru main dealer who can get me a spare one ?
Thanks