ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Time to sell? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1047443-time-to-sell.html)

gpssti4 17 May 2017 07:58 AM

Time to sell?

Firstly, this is NOT a sales thread. However I am thinking about selling my Scooby. I would like some input from the members here on what to ask should I decide to go ahead and sell it.

I've owned my Type R for around 13 years and for the last 9 it's been stored in a heated garage. The problem is I've not had the time to use it and as such she's been under raps now for the last 2 years and hasn't seen the light of day.

I've checked eBay etc and as usual the prices are all over the place - £6k to £13k lol. I'm not desperate to sell so unless it's worth while I'll just keep her warm until the prices rise sufficiently!

I bought it it as a standard car in 2004, imported from new and only 2 previous owners. A 1998 Type R STI (version 4) with only 26k miles on the clock. 13 years later and many thousands of £££'s spent the odometer now sits around 45k miles (all miles no km's as imported new in 1998). There have been some modifications as you'd expect in this time, namely Brembos all round, 6 speed 'box and some power train upgrades (turbo, too mount etc) to bring power to around 370bhp.

The spec sheet reads:
Mica Black V4 Type R STI MY98
46,000 miles
Runnung circa 370bhp
18" wheels
MD321H turbo
Newage STI top mounted intercooler
550 injectors
Apexi ecu
Cone filter
uprated fuel pump
Stainless steel manifolds (headers if you prefer!)
Lightened flywheel and clutch
STI5 front seats
Black newage STI 3 spoke steering wheel
Higher bonnet scoop (not newage design - original style but higher)
Morrette quad lights
Deep front splitter
Etc etc.

Ideas and opinions on prices please guys. If I decide to sell I'll list in the sales section.

Thanks in advance.

jaygsi 17 May 2017 11:08 AM

Sounds amazing car and would love to own one, so i feel it would be unfair to give any input on price.

tom-r33 17 May 2017 12:45 PM

some of the mods are a bit chalk and cheese, morettes and big scoop but no prob to swap
is the box dccd?
is the engine standard?
how would you grade it's condition out of 100?

I picked up a good condition type r for 4k just over 2 years ago, so shows how prices have changed in just 2 years

jaygsi 17 May 2017 12:48 PM

I nearly bought one las t year for 5K.

ryan51 17 May 2017 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by gpssti4 (Post 11940249)
Firstly, this is NOT a sales thread. However I am thinking about selling my Scooby. I would like some input from the members here on what to ask should I decide to go ahead and sell it.

I've owned my Type R for around 13 years and for the last 9 it's been stored in a heated garage. The problem is I've not had the time to use it and as such she's been under raps now for the last 2 years and hasn't seen the light of day.

I've checked eBay etc and as usual the prices are all over the place - £6k to £13k lol. I'm not desperate to sell so unless it's worth while I'll just keep her warm until the prices rise sufficiently!

I bought it it as a standard car in 2004, imported from new and only 2 previous owners. A 1998 Type R STI (version 4) with only 26k miles on the clock. 13 years later and many thousands of £££'s spent the odometer now sits around 45k miles (all miles no km's as imported new in 1998). There have been some modifications as you'd expect in this time, namely Brembos all round, 6 speed 'box and some power train upgrades (turbo, too mount etc) to bring power to around 370bhp.

The spec sheet reads:
Mica Black V4 Type R STI MY98
46,000 miles
Runnung circa 370bhp
18" wheels
MD321H turbo
Newage STI top mounted intercooler
550 injectors
Apexi ecu
Cone filter
uprated fuel pump
Stainless steel manifolds (headers if you prefer!)
Lightened flywheel and clutch
STI5 front seats
Black newage STI 3 spoke steering wheel
Higher bonnet scoop (not newage design - original style but higher)
Morrette quad lights
Deep front splitter
Etc etc.

Ideas and opinions on prices please guys. If I decide to sell I'll list in the sales section.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds good to me.any pictures?

banny sti 17 May 2017 02:11 PM

9-10k

gpssti4 17 May 2017 04:11 PM

Add-ons are a personal taste for sure. These have been done with consideration for how the car is supposed to look and with performance in mind - the lights are real morrettes, not cheap twin lamps from eBay. The scoop looks like the standard design - just an inch or so higher to allow more air through the bigger inter cooler. I have the standard ones to go with the car. Condition wise, zero rust as it's been kept in a heated garage. Minimal marks - not 100% perfect as I'm in and out of the garage so a few small marks here and there. Also one small dent - 5p sized from bike's brake leaver falling on it (with a Ike attached!). A mop would make it look amazing. Yes, box is DCCD - from a UK car.

gpssti4 17 May 2017 04:17 PM

Thanks Banny, I was hoping you'd have some input.
Engine internals are standard. Both API and Engine Tuner were happy with it at this level of power.

jaygsi 17 May 2017 04:52 PM

Pictures would help pricing.

gpssti4 17 May 2017 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 11940432)
Pictures would help pricing.

Indeed they would. I'll try and extract it from the garage over the weekend and pop some up.

ryn004 22 May 2017 12:14 PM

Might consider for 6k.

hardcoreimpreza 22 May 2017 05:27 PM

Lol your in Malta.

ryn004 22 May 2017 09:59 PM

Never has stopped me. Share the pics please. And any rust on the rear arches or boot/rear screen area?

Originally Posted by hardcoreimpreza (Post 11941543)
Lol your in Malta.

johned 22 May 2017 10:03 PM

Very interesting.

yabbadoo4 22 May 2017 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by ryn004 (Post 11941475)
Might consider for 6k.

:lol1:

ditchmyster 23 May 2017 07:31 AM

I would say £10k priced to sell and it's cheap at that, looking at what they're going for... some with twice the miles yours has, Black which is very rare, 46k and a dccd 6 speed, I wouldn't take a penny less than £10k and probably stick it up for £12k first off and see if you get any bites.

I'd also invest in a full valet and machine polish, fluids etc just to make it nice and fresh for the new owner.

But to be fair to you, if you don't need the money, then hang on to it... another 5yrs will see it at double that figure... and there aren't many things that will give you that sort of return. ;)

gpssti4 24 May 2017 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by ryn004 (Post 11941475)
Might consider for 6k.

:lol:

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11941684)
I would say £10k priced to sell and it's cheap at that, looking at what they're going for... some with twice the miles yours has, Black which is very rare, 46k and a dccd 6 speed, I wouldn't take a penny less than £10k and probably stick it up for £12k first off and see if you get any bites.

I'd also invest in a full valet and machine polish, fluids etc just to make it nice and fresh for the new owner.

But to be fair to you, if you don't need the money, then hang on to it... another 5yrs will see it at double that figure... and there aren't many things that will give you that sort of return. ;)

Thank you for a sensible reply.

I have my eye on something else (I'd be selling the Type R and my also 1966 GP mk1 beach buggy). I also would like to free up some garage space too. However if I decide to sell it wouldn't be for £6k! Oh, and there is zero rust. It has been kept in a dry heated garage when not in use - for the last 9 years. I'm replacing the battery so I hope to get photos up over the next few days.

johned 29 May 2017 11:50 AM

Any picture.