ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Quick spooling 400/450 turbo (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1047192-quick-spooling-400-450-turbo.html)

SmurfyBhoy 08 May 2017 04:54 PM

Cant see Blouch partnering with a small company in England to research and develop billet wheels purely for one shop to sell, and agree them sole supplier rights.

Sounds like salesman talk....

More than likely they have bworked with and mapped enough of them to be able to know which of the pick n mix list of turbo parts works most effective on a 2.0, with our uk fuel,

Can't see why you couldn't get an exact like for like directly from Blouch if you knew what spec was and asked

Tidgy 08 May 2017 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 11938352)
Cant see Blouch partnering with a small company in England to research and develop billet wheels purely for one shop to sell, and agree them sole supplier rights.

Sounds like salesman talk....

More than likely they have bworked with and mapped enough of them to be able to know which of the pick n mix list of turbo parts works most effective on a 2.0, with our uk fuel,

Can't see why you couldn't get an exact like for like directly from Blouch if you knew what spec was and asked

As said, depends on the agreements. If blouch are just being employed as a manufacturer and the rights remain with clinic.

Simply put I do not believe you can buy one of the same spec direct from blouch.

SmurfyBhoy 08 May 2017 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11938355)
As said, depends on the agreements. If blouch are just being employed as a manufacturer and the rights remain with clinic.

Simply put I do not believe you can buy one of the same spec direct from blouch.

Kinda like claiming my nike I.D trainers cannot be copied.

Sure i employed nike to make em but nike wont sell little old me sole rights

See what i did there...... Sole.......

domino46 08 May 2017 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11938350)
46s?

yeah had a brand new (second hand off my mate but never fitted) 46 fail on the dyno ,, not sure what was wrong with it as I never did find out ,,after a couple of runs it just wouldn't boost at all , sent it back and got it fixed and sold it

moved over to forced performance and very impressed with there turbos so far ,, made over what they said it would so I was pleased and bob rawle also said it was working very well

doesn't seem to be many people with them but I think there a great turbo and they are now stocked at Owen developments so cn be brought in the uk

bustaMOVEs 08 May 2017 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by domino46 (Post 11938363)
yeah had a brand new (second hand off my mate but never fitted) 46 fail on the dyno ,, not sure what was wrong with it as I never did find out ,,after a couple of runs it just wouldn't boost at all , sent it back and got it fixed and sold it

moved over to forced performance and very impressed with there turbos so far ,, made over what they said it would so I was pleased and bob rawle also said it was working very well

doesn't seem to be many people with them but I think there a great turbo and they are now stocked at Owen developments so cn be brought in the uk

46s were a bit temprimenal a while back I believe, they changed the spec a few times due to issues, cracking on the housings etc.....

domino46 08 May 2017 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11938368)
46s were a bit temprimenal a while back I believe, they changed the spec a few times due to issues, cracking on the housings etc.....

yeah also had one where all the welds on the exhaust housing leaked more or less strait away , reason I won't by them anymore , I undstand the issues have prob been addressed now but all the frustration and time spent swapping turbos has put me off them for good

Mustoe91 08 May 2017 06:43 PM

I'm still none the wiser lol so what would you lads do if you were in my situation ? I'll try dig my graph out and show you

Mustoe91 08 May 2017 06:50 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...4884b4bf8.jpeg

Tidgy 08 May 2017 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy (Post 11938356)
Kinda like claiming my nike I.D trainers cannot be copied.

Sure i employed nike to make em but nike wont sell little old me sole rights

See what i did there...... Sole.......

:thumb: Haha

stealthbomber 09 May 2017 06:32 AM

321h with meth map?

Mustoe91 09 May 2017 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by stealthbomber (Post 11938452)
321h with meth map?

Don't really fancy doing a meth map