ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Engine Management and ECU Remapping (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/)
-   -   Remapping WRX (https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-management-and-ecu-remapping-453/1047167-remapping-wrx.html)

Mark108 06 May 2017 06:16 PM

Remapping WRX

Hi. I'm looking for good remapper in Milton Keynes area for my Subaru WRX 2006

Uncle Creepy 07 May 2017 01:00 AM

Don't know of any mappers in MK, but there are some reputable ones not too far away:

FB Tuning, Princes Risborough
Zen Performance, Earith
TDR, Warwick

Dav13s 11 May 2017 02:22 PM

+1 for FB Tuning, mine's going there for a map tomorrow.

BenWRXSEI 19 May 2017 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dav13s (Post 11938953)
+1 for FB Tuning, mine's going there for a map tomorrow.

How did you get on? I'm considering a remap for mine at some point and FB are fairly local to me.

n1cks 20 May 2017 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by BenWRXSEI (Post 11940855)
How did you get on? I'm considering a remap for mine at some point and FB are fairly local to me.

Don't know about Dav13s but I recently took mine to FB Tuning for an exhaust and remap and was very happy with the work. I'm new to scoobs so haven't got anyone to compare, but it's obvious Richard is dedicated to his craft and knows his stuff. Does all the work himself and seems to take pride in customer's cars like they were his own. I travelled 70 odd miles so there's no excuse if you're "fairly local"!

BenWRXSEI 21 May 2017 08:44 AM

That's good to know. Thanks :)

Dav13s 22 May 2017 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by BenWRXSEI (Post 11940855)

My remap got postponed. Rich took the car out for data logging and the car is running lean towards the top of the rev range. After looking at the data (air fuel mix, injector duty cycles, etc) and talking me through it all, he suggested a new fuel pump, which I've installed and have booked in again this Friday for him to check out if it's solved the issue. If it has, it'll be a map tweak rather than a full map since the map on it looks pretty good. Originally, after I took it to him for a health check, he thought it would need a full map but after the data log run it appears that's not the case, which is fine by me as it'll be cheaper. He could have mapped over the potential fuel pump issue, but I'm glad he hasn't as that's not the best thing in the long run if there was an issue with it. From my experience so far, he knows his stuff and takes pride in his work and takes time to explain stuff if you don't know about it. He could have had £350 off me and done a full remap, but suggested the new fuel pump and a map tweak, which will be less money for him and cheaper for me, which in my eyes is the mark of a good mechanic/tuner. Plenty of places would of just done the remap for the larger payout and not mentioned the underlying issue.