ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Remember when I said I was going treat myself? Well, now I kinda have.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/1047117-remember-when-i-said-i-was-going-treat-myself-well-now-i-kinda-have.html)

LSherratt 04 May 2017 10:55 AM

Remember when I said I was going treat myself? Well, now I kinda have....

3 Attachment(s)
Not quite as expensive as what I was originally going to buy which I then pulled out of due to a house purchase, but I decided stuff it... you only get a few chances.

Here are a few terrible mobile phone pictures yesterday late evening at the service station having shortly picked it up. The colour in the pictures isn't true- it's more red but it was taken late evening when it was getting dark. I can't wait to spend the entire weekend detailing it and taking some nice pictures to bring it up to my standard. There is white polish residue in every panel gap.

...but Oh my gosh... the noise of the engine and exhaust! It's a completely different style of driving to my Saab and Impreza turbo's which I'm not used to. The last NA engine I had was 5 years ago in a 1.4L 206.

Alfa 147 GTA (and it has all the necessary upgrades including KW3 suspension)

Attachment 24895

Attachment 24896

The reason you buy this car:
Attachment 24897

dpb 04 May 2017 01:35 PM

Proper engine , nice looking car :thumb:

heavy though

Tidgy 04 May 2017 01:52 PM

has it broken down yet? lol

sorry couldn't resist

boggissimo 04 May 2017 01:55 PM

I still want a car with that engine! Might prefer it in a Spider or Brera but should still bring plenty of smiles :thumb:

LSherratt 04 May 2017 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11937419)
has it broken down yet? lol

sorry couldn't resist

Thankfully the previous owner spent an absolute fortune on it in his 6 year ownership getting all the necessary parts upgraded/replaced so fingers crossed it'll be easy standard serving for the next few years :cool:

mrtheedge2u2 04 May 2017 03:02 PM

I had the V6 GTVV6 (916 shape).....was great to drive and a wonderful engine note but was a pain in the A every time something went wrong with the engine.

Tidgy 04 May 2017 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11937422)
Thankfully the previous owner spent an absolute fortune on it in his 6 year ownership getting all the necessary parts upgraded/replaced so fingers crossed it'll be easy standard serving for the next few years :cool:

haha, good good, was only pulling your leg :thumb:

JackClark 04 May 2017 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11937422)
Thankfully the previous owner spent an absolute fortune on it in his 6 year ownership getting all the necessary parts upgraded/replaced so fingers crossed it'll be easy standard serving for the next few months :cool:

FIFY

Nice car.

tarmac terror 04 May 2017 08:56 PM

Send me your address I'll send you a free accessory for your new purchase - a dustpan and brush to sweep up the rust!!!!

Health to enjoy!!!! Looking forward to the post-detailling shots.

PLEASE CHECK THE BONNET CATCH HAS BEEN REPLACED OR AT LEAST MAINTAINED

LSherratt 04 May 2017 09:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
3 hour decontamination after work; it's acceptable now :D

It's still begging for an 8 hour machine polish though!

Attachment 24860

Attachment 24861

lozgti1 04 May 2017 09:36 PM

I like it!

Looks cracking

ALi-B 04 May 2017 10:10 PM

That engine!

We have a 157 v6 loitering in the back yard as scrap. It's a shed, it's only a 2.5, but the noise, oh my, evocative is the best terminology for it. If only I could find a use for it.

Maybe the reason why I drive a R32 everyday; similar noise and powerband but with a lot more reliability/longevity.

LSherratt 04 May 2017 10:25 PM

...but look how beautiful the Alfa is :cool:

RAGGY DOO 04 May 2017 10:45 PM

Should of bought the tommi mack

ditchmyster 05 May 2017 06:14 AM

That looks lovely... lot of car for the money... they're quite popular out here due to being in Italys back garden, but usually see the JTD version... you'll be seeing more of your local petrol station at 18mpg.

That said I've been toying with the idea of an Audi TT 3.2 coupe, I know they're a bit hair dresser... but it's the only ish 2 seater sports car that has some go as well as a dash of practicality thrown in, 4wd doesn't hurt either.

Pipe dream at the moment though and no doubt I'll change my mind before I can afford to do it. :lol1:

dpb 05 May 2017 08:44 AM

You need a special dif to make it go round corners apparently

( The Alfa )

LSherratt 05 May 2017 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11937561)
You need a special dif to make it go round corners apparently

( The Alfa )

Yeah, it's got the necessary upgrade; Q2 limited slip diff :) Plus it's also got properly setup full KW3 suspension.

Took it for a quick drive into Gloucester yesterday evening and I'm still not used to how the power is delivered. One thing that slightly bugs me is that the foot pedals are quite close together and when braking I've caught the accelerator as well a few times! :freak3:

The rumbling and "alive" sound that it makes when idiling at traffic lights makes it feel so unique. I don't even need to mention the noise at 7000 revs :norty:

JTaylor 05 May 2017 03:19 PM

Nice motor. :thumb:

rossyboy 05 May 2017 09:36 PM

It is rather gorgeous :luvlove:

Always loved the Alfa tele-dials.

lozgti1 11 June 2017 10:17 PM

Bit cheeky. But whar did you pay?

Not done the Alfa route yet.Tempted

bioforger 16 June 2017 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11937565)
Yeah, it's got the necessary upgrade; Q2 limited slip diff :) Plus it's also got properly setup full KW3 suspension.

Took it for a quick drive into Gloucester yesterday evening and I'm still not used to how the power is delivered. One thing that slightly bugs me is that the foot pedals are quite close together and when braking I've caught the accelerator as well a few times! :freak3:

The rumbling and "alive" sound that it makes when idiling at traffic lights makes it feel so unique. I don't even need to mention the noise at 7000 revs :norty:

Heel n toe FTW bro.