ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Out with the old in with the BMW (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/1046743-out-with-the-old-in-with-the-bmw.html)

rob84 16 April 2017 06:54 PM

Out with the old in with the BMW

Well last week was quite eventful, I popped into my local BMW dealer for a look around there new showroom and facilities & well ended up going out in a Demo while I was there & well things proceeded a little and I sold my 2016 66 plate Subaru WRX STI with 1680 miles on the clock for an M140I.

Taken delivery on good Friday, Why didn't I buy one sooner, Fantastic little car & threw quite a few options at it while I was there, Harmon Karden, Adaptive M Sport suspension, profession Nav, heated seats, Sports Auto etc etc

Anyhow here it is in the handover bay
by https://www.flickr.com/photos/romedition/, on Flickr

RAGGY DOO 16 April 2017 07:07 PM

Good luck with the new motor rob

hedgecutter 16 April 2017 07:29 PM

So long Rob! You'll just blend in with all the other German gunmetal wagons now!

rob84 16 April 2017 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO (Post 11933425)
Good luck with the new motor rob

Cheers mate :thumb:

Originally Posted by hedgecutter (Post 11933433)
So long Rob! You'll just blend in with all the other German gunmetal wagons now!

Been a Subaru owner since 2004 so an overdue time for a change, Its been brewing for a while if I'm honest. The straight 6 cylinder twin scroll turbo 3.0 petrol keeps me occupied right enough, I think the fact I see the Subaru's every day at work has knocked the sparkle out of them for me personally, Don't get me wrong there iconic enough but haven't moved on enough.

hedgecutter 16 April 2017 07:44 PM

I know what you mean. Still, it's not red!

Uncle Creepy 16 April 2017 09:45 PM

Very nice motor. :thumb:

Originally Posted by rob84 (Post 11933434)
straight 6 cylinder twin turbo 3.0 petrol keeps me occupied

I'm fairly sure it has just the one blower, albeit twinscroll. :)

gussy 16 April 2017 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by rob84 (Post 11933434)

Been a Subaru owner since 2004 so an overdue time for a change, Its been brewing for a while if I'm honest. The straight 6 cylinder twin turbo 3.0 petrol keeps me occupied right enough, I think the fact I see the Subaru's every day at work has knocked the sparkle out of them for me personally, Don't get me wrong there iconic enough but haven't moved on enough.

A change is as good as a rest I suppose Rob good luck with the new purchase.

rob84 16 April 2017 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Creepy (Post 11933471)
Very nice motor. :thumb:

I'm fairly sure it has just the one blower, albeit twinscroll. :)

Cheers :thumb:
Was Sure I wrote twin scroll, Never mind. Don't know what happened there :lol:

rob84 16 April 2017 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by gussy (Post 11933478)
A change is as good as a rest I suppose Rob good luck with the new purchase.

Cheers Gus :thumb:

Dingdongler 17 April 2017 05:06 PM

Congrats on the new car. Nice colour btw

rob84 17 April 2017 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dingdongler (Post 11933695)
Congrats on the new car. Nice colour btw

Cheers Mate:thumb:

Littleted 18 April 2017 08:50 PM

Bobbin welcome to the club, I've got the 440i with MPPSK exhaust and remap, very surprised in its MPG if you don't thrape it, I managed Leeds to Heathrow and Back on 3/4 tank.

nice cars and pretty damn quick too, I think Rebellion do a remap for yours already to around 400+, I can't have it for mine as its only for the stock car at 326bhp and not the remapped MPPSK which runs 365bhp... I,ll just have to wait

you should get a set of 405s for the wheels they look awesome but 3.5k :(

urban 19 April 2017 07:57 AM

Congratulations rob84, health to enjoy.

rob84 19 April 2017 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Littleted (Post 11933976)
Bobbin welcome to the club, I've got the 440i with MPPSK exhaust and remap, very surprised in its MPG if you don't thrape it, I managed Leeds to Heathrow and Back on 3/4 tank.

nice cars and pretty damn quick too, I think Rebellion do a remap for yours already to around 400+, I can't have it for mine as its only for the stock car at 326bhp and not the remapped MPPSK which runs 365bhp... I,ll just have to wait

you should get a set of 405s for the wheels they look awesome but 3.5k :(

Cheers :thumb: Already been looking down the JB4 EWG route, up to a 100bhp gain as most seemed to rave about them as being undetectable. its 340bhp to start with and is quite brisk especially teamed with the 8 speed ZF box in it. Looking at splitters & a boot spoiler for it at the moment.

But all in all I'm really really enjoying the car, Its fantastic.

rob84 19 April 2017 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 11934045)
Congratulations rob84, health to enjoy.

Littleted 19 April 2017 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by rob84 (Post 11934250)
Cheers :thumb: Already been looking down the JB4 EWG route, up to a 100bhp gain as most seemed to rave about them as being undetectable. its 340bhp to start with and is quite brisk especially teamed with the 8 speed ZF box in it. Looking at splitters & a boot spoiler for it at the moment.

But all in all I'm really really enjoying the car, Its fantastic.

yeh I was a bit miffed that you guys in the 140/240s got 340 and I only got 326, then I realised its so they can get inside my wallet for MPPSK upgrades :( I like the MP kit for yours and the side decals, however be careful with the front splitter because on mine id rip it off on speed humps, and the side decals come off after a few good jets washes LOL all covered under warranty though...

don't forget also the paddles do differing things if you hold them, same as my A45

left 1 drops down to lowest possible gear before limiter, right one knocks it back into D if you've just done a few flappy paddles changes all good fun

rob84 19 April 2017 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Littleted (Post 11934269)
yeh I was a bit miffed that you guys in the 140/240s got 340 and I only got 326, then I realised its so they can get inside my wallet for MPPSK upgrades :( I like the MP kit for yours and the side decals, however be careful with the front splitter because on mine id rip it off on speed humps, and the side decals come off after a few good jets washes LOL all covered under warranty though...

don't forget also the paddles do differing things if you hold them, same as my A45

left 1 drops down to lowest possible gear before limiter, right one knocks it back into D if you've just done a few flappy paddles changes all good fun

Ahh cheers for the tip regarding the splitter, Back roads around me with lots of wildlife stepping out in front of you, I opted for the Adaptive M-Sport suspension to, just so I could take some of the harsh ride out of the car on these back roads. Pleased I did as its fantastic, Just glide over them.

Not got that far with the Paddles yet only used them for shifting so far, Please tell me more.

Have you any pictures of your 440 ?

Littleted 19 April 2017 08:47 PM

I,ll chuck some up tomorrow.

one thing about the BM is you have 2 ways to get into sport mode, press the button or knock the gearstick over to the left.....
if the gear sticks knocked over you can do 3 things
auto change gear
push the knob up 1 down 1
flappy paddles,

]but be aware if its over to the left its true manual so you can smash into the limiter
if you press the button rather than knock it over, you can never hit the limiter.

I normally press the button as this also opens up my exhaust flaps for real grumble, knocking to to the left doesn't open up the valve....

flappy paddles in post above what happens when you hold em..

Littleted 19 April 2017 09:01 PM

sorry about the gay music, its what I had on youtube list LOL

S204Darren 20 April 2017 07:11 AM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...3680fdd56e.jpg

My M3 Competition, I love it! But I've still got to have a Subaru in my life. My Spec C hatch arrives in a week. ��

Littleted 20 April 2017 08:24 AM

yeah my next step if I can stretch to it, but in M4 guise, did think about having the CP wheels dipped gloss black on a black M4 maybe lets see if I can afford it first lol

I did turn down a manual merino blue from Scunthorpe BMW before the 440i I just couldn't justify the extra and manual kinda put me off, lovely cars though