ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Parliament attack. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1046194-parliament-attack.html)

JTaylor 22 March 2017 04:12 PM

Parliament attack.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc...s/amp/39355940

Steve001 22 March 2017 05:04 PM

Wow :(

JTaylor 22 March 2017 05:37 PM

A lady has sadly passed. :(

alcazar 22 March 2017 05:38 PM

Oh dear.

steve05wrx 22 March 2017 05:45 PM

Looking at various sources - I reckon death toll will be at least 5 people (including the attacker) by the end of the day.
If it is alone wolf attack - a hire car and knife is all it took to cause such carnage.

stilover 22 March 2017 05:58 PM

This is why I've not been to London for years.

Was actually looking last week at Hotels in London for a weekend break for my G/F's Birthday. Really pleased I didn't book anything, and don't fancy taking the risk now.

Chances are slim, but why take the chance.

Feel sorry for all the innocent victims

The Trooper 1815 22 March 2017 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 11927769)

Was actually looking last week at Hotels in London for a weekend break for my G/F's Birthday. Really pleased I didn't book anything, and don't fancy taking the risk now.

And by not going on your trip you have bowed to the terrorists. This is how they win.

:brickwall

JTaylor 22 March 2017 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11927773)
And by not going on your trip you have bowed to the terrorists. This is how they win.

Quite.

stilover 22 March 2017 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11927773)

I think by not putting myself in a situation where I may be injured or killed, makes me the winner to be fair.

markjmd 22 March 2017 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11927775)
Quite.

It's easy to say that, but faced with two otherwise equally valid options for a short break somewhere, one in the tranquility of a picturesque village, the other in a major city, why would anyone these days pick the latter, unless there was something very specific they wanted to do in the city?

lozgti1 22 March 2017 07:08 PM

Utterly vile creatures

Petem95 22 March 2017 07:20 PM

Unbelievable that the guy mows down people on Westminster Bridge, then outside Parliament where he crashes the car - then gets out and stabs to death an armed Policeman?! You'd think after all that carnage an armed Policeman would be the last to get stabbed. Terrible event though.

Martin2005 22 March 2017 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 11927769)

Have you stopped crossing roads as well?

dpb 22 March 2017 07:29 PM

You cant legislate for this type thing , or shut yourself away as a result it

lets hope its not some kind of diversion

The Dogs B******s 22 March 2017 07:53 PM

Shocking.

steve05wrx 22 March 2017 08:11 PM

Interesting developments!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...r-abu-izzadeen

steve05wrx 22 March 2017 08:15 PM

The plot thickens!
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...berate-7142974

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Izzadeen

Petem95 22 March 2017 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by steve05wrx (Post 11927823)

:thumb: Good that he won't be brain washing anyone else now then at least!

Peedee 22 March 2017 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 11927781)
I think by not putting myself in a situation where I may be injured or killed, makes me the winner to be fair.

Not really. I agree with the above comments. You are effectively running scared and they have beaten you by scaring you into not going to London, simple as that.

Situations where you "may be injured or killed" happen 24 hours a day, 7 days a week,365 days a year. You could wake up tomorrow, trip down the stairs and break your neck. You could go to put your toaster on and get an electric shock. Where do you draw the line? You're much more likely to get run over crossing the road than be involved in a terrorist attack. How often do you drive a car? Know what the chances are of being killed behind the wheel? Then again, you could be going along the motorway at 70, have a blow-out, crash and die.........can't go through life with that attitude bro, you'd never do anything!

bustaMOVEs 22 March 2017 09:36 PM

Agree, you are more likely to die from normal everyday sinarios than a terrorist attack. Running scared is the real aim and to build hate almost certain types as we all know.
How can a 'armed' police man get stabbed is what I want to know and why is the wrong suspect being named?
It all smells fishy to me tbh, as I say above, all these events seem to be a little iffy in the details.
But so wrong to have innocent people die because of whatever's going on here. Rip

tony de wonderful 22 March 2017 09:54 PM

Trevor Brooks is said to be in Jail so can't be him.

Martin2005 22 March 2017 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11927843)
Agree, you are more likely to die from normal everyday sinarios than a terrorist attack. Running scared is the real aim and to build hate almost certain types as we all know.
How can a 'armed' police man get stabbed is what I want to know and why is the wrong suspect being named?
It all smells fishy to me tbh, as I say above, all these events seem to be a little iffy in the details.
But so wrong to have innocent people die because of whatever's going on here. Rip

The policeman was unarmed

RAGGY DOO 22 March 2017 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 11927849)
Trevor Brooks is said to be in Jail so can't be him.

PERHaps it wa Martin mcguinness back from the dead
He seems be getting blamed for everything

bustaMOVEs 22 March 2017 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11927853)

Ah, just read comments from here when posted.

Scotland Yard have just said they are not commenting on identity of attacker :wonder:
He also states they know who it is and there is some proactive journalists and he asks them to stop it lol.

Martin2005 22 March 2017 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11927871)

Scotland Yard have just said they are not commenting on identity of attacker :wonder:
He also states they know who it is and there is some proactive journalists and he asks them to stop it lol.

lots of fake news being shared around.

wait for the facts

Petem95 22 March 2017 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Martin2005 (Post 11927853)

Met Police chief was asked while being interviewed specifically if he was armed or not, and he said he was armed? Could have been wrong potentially though.

joz8968 22 March 2017 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by steve05wrx
...I reckon death toll will be at least 5 people (including the attacker) by the end of the day...

Clairvoyant?!

(Still got 80mins to go, though).

tony de wonderful 22 March 2017 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11927871)

They know who it is but are carefully preparing the ground hence statements like this:

"He added that he recognises Britain’s Muslim communities “will feel vulnerable at this time, given the past actions of right-wing extremists”."

joz8968 22 March 2017 11:41 PM

This has occurred on the anniversary of the Brussels attacks. Presumably by design.

Fabioso 22 March 2017 11:43 PM

Glad to see the attacker was shot dead, at least we won't be spending any money keeping him in prison for the rest of his life.

Feel very sad for the people caught up in this, I hope it isn't the start of a series of lone nutjobs deciding to do this kind of thing. It would be very hard to stop it happening and the media frenzy would become intolerable.